• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

bob page

It's ridiculous though how the 360 version has been up for 6 hours, and the PS3 version has been down for 6 hours.

Except the 360 version isn't up for most people, either.

I have both versions and neither are working for me. I created my character on the PS3 version but can't join the world.

jaypah

Whoa, this sounds like complete shit! Ah well, the wife and I are still playing through the SP (44% done) so maybe everything will be running smooth by the time I'm ready to play online.

BE CAREFUL GAF! I just found out that the multiplayer patch is deleting some of my single player content.

- 3 of the melee weapons I had collected are now gone.
- Molotov's are now gone.
- Missing quite a bit of money. Trevor was in the 17MIL's but is now down to 16MIL.
- Can now only sometimes switch characters. Pressing down on the D-pad is unresponsive occasionally.

The missing weapons are a real drag - especially because the ones that are gone can't be bought from Ammunation. They have to be collected elsewhere.

I've learned my lesson. No more Day 1 downloading of patches for me.

I have both versions and neither are working for me. I created my character on the PS3 version but can't join the world.

Yeah both dont work, 360 just doesnt work "better" - PS3 version keeps failing AND deleting my character "corrupted"

Defyler

Feels like kind of a long handholding intro so far. Getting into my second game of deathmatch.

Have yet to be able to launch an actual mission together.

Enjay

Banned
Created and had to delete my character 3 times so far and all 3 files end up corrupted an unusable as per the loading screen.

RawNuts

I've had almost perfect luck with the online working so far on 360, sad to see that so many others are having trouble, including my friends online. :/

I do enjoy the gestures you can do though.
0_0.jpg

Grisby

After two tries I got to create a character. Go through the whole opening intro and walked five steps (automatically I might add) to the first race.

Can't find anyone and it hard locks the damn ps3.

I expected it to be bad but it's still disappointing. And the character creator blows, jesus.

Mik2121

This is great. I tried to play, it kicked me back into the single player and I was like, hey... I need to finish some missions, so let's do this! I started to play singleplayer but pressing down on the d-pad wouldn't bring the character selection window so I couldn't do any mission, lol...

I had to restart the game for the menu to show up. Man, this is such a massive mess.

Oh and now I'm also stuck after doing a couple missions, because I don't have any money and spent my last $50 on a... ahem... girl... doing Franklin some favors inside the car, so both me and this girl are stuck inside my car and no matter what button I press, nothing happens... So yeah, I guess I'll have to restart a-fucking-gain and hope it saved somewhere recently.

I just played 6 hours on the 360 only thing that was down for me was match making :'(
Xbox gaf add me BlackwaterEl1te

Derrick01

Banned
So basically if I try to play GTA sometime today (the single player) I should just try to cancel out this Online update? It seems to be ruining quite a bit of single player stuff.

E92 M3

BE CAREFUL GAF! I just found out that the multiplayer patch is deleting some of my single player content.

- 3 of the melee weapons I had collected are now gone.
- Molotov's are now gone.
- Missing quite a bit of money. Trevor was in the 17MIL's but is now down to 16MIL.
- Can now only sometimes switch characters. Pressing down on the D-pad is unresponsive occasionally.

The missing weapons are a real drag - especially because the ones that are gone can't be bought from Ammunation. They have to be collected elsewhere.

I've learned my lesson. No more Day 1 downloading of patches for me.

May I ask which weapons -- curiosity strikes.

Arcteryx

lol one of my SP saves is corrupted now.

Good thing I've got 3 backups, but fuck this update until they actually want to deliver a solid product.

Enjay

Banned
My system froze during GTA Online and after restarting it now says my save file (offline) is corrupted... Infuckingcredible!

Arcteryx

Well this is a pain in the ass, hopefully its up and running in 16 hours when I knock off work.

I doubt it. It's 9am(pst) and it's already fubar; imagine how it will be later today when everyone is off work lol.

edit: that's 2 other people with corrupted saves so far in this thread(3 included myself). I wouldn't bother with it atm guys, unless you've got multiple backups.

So I managed to play a bit earlier today.

I'll start by saying those with Collectors edition content, The cars are free but have to be ordered online via legendary Autos, Before you do this Go to Dynasty8.com and Scroll down till you find your free garage.

The Actual "Story" Mission are co-op but I can't find anyway to replay them and no sure fire way to get into one. I only did 2 which where 1-2 players (luckily I had a buddy online) which are 2 car recovery repo missions for Simeon.

The rest of the content seems to be Deathmatch, Race and stuff. Usually assortment of dull game modes.

From what i can tell at some point you unlock the ability to call story characters and request missions but I can't figure out how.

Beyond that we robbed a few stores, explored a bit(found some new locations) and got in police chases. I recommend playing in a Private server if you just want to fuck around with friends its seems to have the least lag.

Character creation is fairly awful but I managed to make a charcter I'm happy with that does not look like a addict

Hopefully this gets continuallly expanded upon with actual co-op content, we know hiests are planned hopefully we get more after that. It could use some more dynamic clothing options too

noomi

May I ask which weapons -- curiosity strikes.

If it's the CE weapons, I've had them disappear and re-appear before, this was happening before the multiplayer portion of the game was released. It wasn't just weapons, it was all CE content that was missing.

no luck with PS3 version yet, I've created my character twice now but its been deleted both times. Can't get into the world yet. hopefully it's fixed soon. Expectations for online play are pretty low anyways. Hopefully it turns out to be good

Mayyhem

I get the update, but when I try to go online it says something like "Rockstar Cloud servers are unavailable at this time, please try again later" I can either Cancel, Retry (which fails), or continue without saving.

Should I continue?

Codeblew

Sucks man. I was trying online before work. I hope I didn't fuck it up. I have a couple of backups but would hate to lose the missions I did yesterday. Oh well. On the bright side, my backups are still invested 100% in PIS where my main save is half HAL half PIS.

Feorax

Expected MP issues, but stunned that it's leaking over to cause SP problems too.

Think ill leave it for a bit. Just glad I managed to get the "Kiffon!" trophy without any issues.

So I'm getting a message that the rock star cloud servers are unavailable and only disc content is available and saving is disabled. Are you all seeing this?

From what I did play it was incredible. Did some free roam and stumbled across a gang territory so I cleared it out. Then did some matchmaking parachuting which proceeded into some fucking hilarious deathmatches.The times I did join it just dumped me behind the Vinewood sign. Then it finally did the real intro with Lamar, which is ridiculous now thinking that everytime I try to join with a new character since there is no saving since all the server whatnot, to even attempt online I will have to play that intro is kinda of a bummer with no way to skip it as far as I know. I cannot wait to destroy online with my friends, this game is fucking hilarious :D

As stated before, online mode messes up the SP mode if you switch back and forth. Best to avoid the online mode altogether until they resolve everything.

Good job R*..

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Anyone else have the problem where it fails to connect and then you are unable to use the character wheel in single player?

Only fix I found is by reloading a save.

Top Bottom