• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Definitive Trilogy Reveal Trailer

amigastar

One week today!

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
I just hope we can play at 00:00 am on the 11th.

Soodanim

Which will no doubt appear a day before to maximize pre-orders. Hoping they do us right though...
I don't think they'll tell anyone anything. I think they will let fans figure it all out for themselves, and YouTubers will race to compile it all first so it won't take too long.

FranXico

No official word yet but it's looking like the latter, as there's currently no physical PS5 version up for pre order.
There is a native PS5 version, and one can download it on the PS5 at no extra cost with the PS4 version disc. The digital version for sale includes both PS4 and PS5 versions.

So, it actually is the same as smart delivery with the xbox version. That "Series X" version is a smart delivery disc (Xbox One + Xbox Series X).

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’m really excited to play these again, but at the same time, I am expecting a rude awakening in terms of how much the mission design and open-world elements may have aged.

There is a native PS5 version, and one can download it on the PS5 at no extra cost with the PS4 version disc. The digital version for sale includes both PS4 and PS5 versions.

So, it actually is the same as smart delivery with the xbox version. That "Series X" version is a smart delivery disc (Xbox One + Xbox Series X).

on the Store it pretty much just Says PS4 emulated version ---- least thats how i understand it.........

Last edited:

Skifi28

I’m really excited to play these again, but at the same time, I am expecting a rude awakening in terms of how much the mission design and open-world elements may have aged.
I've played all 3 recently. Honestly, they haven't aged that much as far as the gameplay loop goes. GTA V ain't that different. I would argue that some missions, especially in SA, are far more creative and out there than many modern open world games.

Javthusiast

Banned
I have zero fear of how these games might have aged. Having grown up and loving them, especially VC which I can play without even looking at the map that's how through and through I have it memorized, means I will never be bothered by their mission and open world design. Same with classics like MGS. To me these games are timeless.

ive played all of them recently. They're still good. Albeit look terrible on PS2 on a HDtv. And the shooting controls are kind of messy.

Since that seems to be the only real changes, these games should be good to go. San Andreas particularly is still pretty good

ReBurn

Gold Member
ive played all of them recently. They're still good. Albeit look terrible on PS2 on a HDtv. And the shooting controls are kind of messy.

Since that seems to be the only real changes, these games should be good to go. San Andreas particularly is still pretty good
I started playing the original Vice City on PS5 the other day. The controls totally suck. I thought it might be worth getting this collection just to get decent controls.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I started playing the original Vice City on PS5 the other day. The controls totally suck. I thought it might be worth getting this collection just to get decent controls.
Same with SA. Missions that were easy for me back then, I'm now having a hardtime with, :/

cragarmi

I think it's more a 'next gen aware' title where running it on XSX or PS5 gives you options for 4k or 60fps, but the assets themselves are unchanged. So still using the old SDK model.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think it's more a 'next gen aware' title where running it on XSX or PS5 gives you options for 4k or 60fps, but the assets themselves are unchanged. So still using the old SDK model.
That's what I was thinking initially, but someone on Reddit said they were prompted with seperate PS4 and PS5 downloads

Soodanim

Nothing about the trilogy’s missions made me quit the game, which is more than I can say for 5. Boring slow submarine sucked any remaining fun out of that game for me and I uninstalled it.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by them. You might not be doing multi-tiered skyscraper heists or whatever it is, but you’ll be doing things that work just fine within the confines of the engine. Upgrades to the controls will only help make the missions themselves more playable.

Last edited:

Woggleman

Why does not Rockstar not realize the goodwill they would buy if they spent a little extra to restore the original soundtracks? Goodwill goes a long way as well.

Javthusiast

Banned
Why does not Rockstar not realize the goodwill they would buy if they spent a little extra to restore the original soundtracks? Goodwill goes a long way as well.

Music right holders know how big gta is and want more money. Rockstar know game will sell regardless why spend that money.

Btw that list is fake 4chan shit, wait till official release.

Last edited:
Music right holders know how big gta is and want more money. Rockstar know game will sell regardless why spend that money.

No money for Take 2 and Rockstar If I'm buying a used physical copy in december.

Don't tell me those shark cards scamers can't afford the license costs for this songs.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if billie jean ain't in Vice City then they can keep the game.

Since GTA: SA is coming to game pass and GTA III is coming to PSNow, I bet you can buy these games separately.
i can't see Rockstar doing that. they are money grabbing cunts. they will give out SA/III to GP/PSN and force people to pay full price for all 3 games even if they already have access to one of them. i don't imagine rockstar will charge $20 per game. if they do sell them individually it'll be like $40 (or even $60) each. i wouldn't put it past then.

Last edited:

Woggleman

True but it will sell more if they can use that as part of the marketing. Remastered graphics, controls and a fully restored soundtrack would get a lot of sales. I bet many of those artists featured in GTA games got increased sales and downloads because of it.

Honestly I don't believe there'll be any reviews. Maybe some post-launch media impressions and technical analysis from Digital Foundry.

bender

What time is it?
Last edited:

YCoCg

GTANet will say anything to keep the hype going though, they're prime examples of shills, they even started banning people from the forum if you criticise these games.

Maybe the list is fake maybe not. Or Just some tracks are removed.
If the soundtrack is complete why hasn't Rockstar released a tracklist??

ohtBeV4.gif

Ask yourself why.

Last edited:
At first I thought, what a disaster it would be for Rockstar if they were silent on the music issue only for everyone to find out on the day of release that many tracks are missing. Too big of a PR disaster, right?

But then I realized this is Rockstar and they don't give a crap. They know it'll sell regardless and they can get away with treating their customers like crap. They never patched Gta V or RDR2 for newer consoles, despite being 2 of the biggest games ever and which are live services. They do that all so they can starve people for an evemtual remaster which they chage full price for despite knowing people have already paid for these games (sometimes paying twice already).

So I expect it to be missing quite a few songs. As long as some of the original music is there they know they can get away with it.

Javthusiast

Banned
True but it will sell more if they can use that as part of the marketing. Remastered graphics, controls and a fully restored soundtrack would get a lot of sales. I bet many of those artists featured in GTA games got increased sales and downloads because of it.

They don't even care to show gameplay outside of a short minute teaser. They think it will sell regardless and don't see the need to advertise soundtrack.

I pray the soundtrack won't be gutted, but hopes aren't high.

Top Bottom