• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition - PS5 Gameplay (Game out in NZ Storefront)

fatmarco

just like crysis cant be played at 60fps due to the coding and the cpu issues. same shit here most likely. gta 4 on pc is still unplayable at 60fps to this day cause its so badly optimized.
It's funny though because GTA IV now runs at a locked 60fps now on Series X in BC mode.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That's what I thought at first, but someone mentioned there being seperate PS5 and PS4 versions to download when they initially pre ordered. So now I'm confused. Although this would explain why there's no PS5 physical copy available to pre order
Well it should say
xj9sZKO.jpg
Which it don't, just mentions BC information
4sExcp2.jpg

SCB3

just like crysis cant be played at 60fps due to the coding and the cpu issues. same shit here most likely. gta 4 on pc is still unplayable at 60fps to this day cause its so badly optimized.
Crysis has always had issues, that’s just Cryengine being poor lily optomised for doing anything

wasn’t gta4’s issues mainly caused by GFWL integration?

TGO

I’m confused because the video in the OP shows it as a PS5. Wtf is going on here.
Fuck knows, best wait for DF or NX gamer
it kinda hinted at it being a PS4 title when it appeared on PSN as it only supported DS4 and mentioned PS4 Pro regarding 4K and they changed it

But like someone said it's weird there is no physical PS5 version either.
They probably just put a PS5 wrapper on the PS4 version and called it a day.
The games are clearly not using the PS5 or Series X.

Last edited:

TGO

San Andreas has just pop up on the store as standalone 🤔
BwzkLPB.jpg

Justin9mm

I'm sorry but Fuck R* and their lazy remaster, it still an old and shit looking game and can't do 4K 60 on PS5? If this was completely re-worked character models and assets then I'd have more of an understanding. Just goes to show how lazy the port was for the remaster. They shouldn't get away with this greed. It's such BS!

So why have they announced the game for PS5 in the first place?

It's a fucking lie If the game only runs in BC mode.
I said the exact same thing, they've been advertising this as a ps5 game. That's some bs right there. No wonder it can't maintain 60 fps. Say goodbye to fast loading times top. I'm so fucking sick of how slimy this industry is.

RyanEvans21

I'm sorry but Fuck R* and their lazy remaster, it still an old and shit looking game and can't do 4K 60 on PS5? If this was completely re-worked character models and assets then I'd have more of an understanding. Just goes to show how lazy the port was for the remaster. They shouldn't get away with this greed. It's such BS!
Grove Street Games remastered it not Rockstar.

Justin9mm

Grove Street Games remastered it not Rockstar.
And you don't think Rockstar had any involvement into how they wanted it remastered? What price they were going to charge etc? Just because they outsourced the work doesn't mean they aren't still behind the end product. C'mon man. This is Rockstar, they are not going to put their own games into someone elses hands without any control whatsoever.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Yes. 15 Songs from Vice City and 17 from San Andreas. All the tracks missing from the mobile version plus a few more.

So here's the thing... I was just playing Vice City... and I heard "stepping out" and "video killed the radio star".... which an article from PC Gamer said should be missing??

I think some wires are crossed somewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom