• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

Perrott

Gold Member

"The new generation versions of GTAV will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the latest hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever," Rockstar said.
On top of that, Rockstar is celebrating the 20th anniversary of GTA III with "even more fun surprises," some of which will be specifically for GTA Online. There have been rumors of a GTA III remaster or remake, but it's too soon to say if that will happen.

Last edited:
From the horses mouth!

Seems interesting. Can't wait to see if GTA 3 gets a Nintendo Switch release.

Moonjt9

Sounds like gta3 heists in gta online or something like that.

I’m interested in seeing how gta5 looks on ps5, but I’m not going to play through it again.

Last edited:
Love how they are now saying they will be picking up on implementing car meets into GTA Online. This could be a good way to get a car meet that doesn't get nuked by flying bikes.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
"fun surprises" is not how you'd tease something like a real GTA 3 remake. It's gonna be available on PS5, probably with a resolution and/or framerate bump, and that's it.

I say this every time someone brings it up, you can't just bring the GTA 3 content into a modern GTA engine and call it a day, it would unbalance the entire game. It would need to be a total ground-up affair that takes into account modern (Rockstar) game design.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Liberty City will be getting added into GTA Online for the GTA 3 anniversary.

The cease and desist to the mod team making it a few years ago was big news.

Something like GTA 3 story missions but with a GTA Online wrapper. A kin to RDR Online and the co-op story missions in that game.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Seems like a good time to play this for the first time ever 🙂
grace zabriskie 90s GIF

cormack12

Gold Member
GTA Online will release in November and is exclusive to PayStation players fr the first three months. So Xbox players aren't getting until Jan 2022? wtf.

Aesius

It's akin to play Vice City in the late 80s and still be playing it when the real Vice City was out.
It's an even bigger time gap now. Vice City was set in 86 and released in 02. GTA 3 is set in 2001, so it's 20 years later.

Which is crazy because the aesthetic of GTA 3 isn't horribly outdated, while 1986 looked incredibly antiquated and decidedly time capsule-ish just 16 years later.

Certinty

I am confused, is the upgrade free for PS4/ Xone version owners?
Rockstar didn't give free upgrades to the PS4/XO versions of the game just 14 months after the PS3/360 launch. No way in hell were they giving free upgrades for the PS5/XSX version 7 years after the last console version of the game.

BigLee74

Game has legs, huh? I might play it again, if it gets a 60fps upgrade, and it’s cheap as chips.

it’s been a good 7 years since I last played it 😂

so this is just for consoles? what about PC?

or is the console versions still gonna be inferior to PC? i hope they update PC with raytracing. that'd kick ass.
GTA V is not 60fps on PS4/Xbox One?
30fps lmao. been playing it at 80-140fps on PC. it was a shock (not really but to my eyes it was) when i played it on PS4 and found out it was 30fps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom