• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

Evilms

Banned
J1mPN5L.png

noise36

Already bought it three times FFS. Probably more excited if they enhance the PC version, ray tracing and other rmodern bits of tech to take advantage of the RTX 3080 would be nice.

cormack12

Gold Member
So how's this going to work?

GTA V when it comes to next gen is going to have two versions you have to buy? The single player and the online?

I'm going to guess buying GTA V E&E will give you access to GTA:O, but if you want to purchase GTA:O only you can. That way for those who don't want to buy the campaign again and just upgrade to the latest online they have that option.

I'm going to guess buying GTA V E&E will give you access to GTA:O, but if you want to purchase GTA:O only you can. That way for those who don't want to buy the campaign again and just upgrade to the latest online they have that option.

Right that makes sense

The cynical side of me was thinking they were going to charge full price just for the single player portion of the game with an extra 20 or 30 for the online portion

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The story was the best part of GTAV, and I don't need to play it again. GTAIII remaster could be cool, but I won't get my hopes up.

I enjoyed RDR2 although I still feel Rockstar was one of the disappointments of last generation. No new IPs, no further games like Bully 2, a new Midnight Club and so on.

I can understand having some focus on Online modes considering how successful, at least give other players some stuff throughout a generation tho!

Great games take time , to release just one new title tho? Come on. They could of remastered GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas and at least it would of been something on top of RDR2.

Sybrix

GTA Online updates sounds good, especially that underground racing scene, sounds like a new open world environment

As ever tho... RDO getting more piss poor updates, that game has so much potential and the updates are so weak

Excess

I enjoyed RDR2 although I still feel Rockstar was one of the disappointments of last generation. No new IPs, no further games like Bully 2, a new Midnight Club and so on.

I can understand having some focus on Online modes considering how successful, at least give other players some stuff throughout a generation tho!

Great games take time , to release just one new title tho? Come on. They could of remastered GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas and at least it would of been something on top of RDR2.
It's clear the entire business model has changed, and it became even more obvious once Dan Houser left. Dan was pretty much the creative and story-writing mastermind behind every Rockstar title.

The Leslie Benzies thing didn't help either. Yet, Strauss Zelnick goes on Jim Cramer and waxes poetic to his fucking shareholders that Rockstar is doing just fine without Houser and Benzies.

Fuck TakeTwo.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why on the earth does this take until November to finish? They have a had years to put this together......

SafeOrAlone

Banned
- Excited to see how the take advantage of the new hardware, but I'll only play if they can improve the gameplay, be it combat controls or mission design.
- GTA 3 anniversary is even more exciting
- Except for whatever you are bringing to GTA online. Don't care, move on when addressing hardcore gamers.

Lalilulelo1981

Neo Member
Man, even those rereleases take quite some time. Meanwhile all i want is GTA4 with the complete Soundtrack on modern systems and RDR2 sp without those annoying Bugs that were introduced in late 2020. Rockstar really doesn't care the second there's a online mode in their games. Heartbreaking for shure.

Retinoid

I still remember when GTA V - a game from 2013 - was the first thing they showed at the initial PS5 event. Really told you everything you need to know about the direction this generation was headed.

Last edited:
I hope you’re trolling

I do not troll sir. Day one for original release. Day one for the re-release on ps4. Day one for the re-re-release. GTAV is one of the greatest games I've ever played, it is an immense game with shit loads of content. The re-release brought more than enough to warrant another purchase, and I have no doubt this one will bring the goods to justify another a purchase.

#rockstar4lyf

Umbasaborne

Banned
Its weird that they havent shown any gameplay from this edition. Im curious to see how close they can get to a modded up pc port. Why are they being so coy about a port of gta v of all fucking things?

Umbasaborne

Banned
I still remember when GTA V - a game from 2013 - was the first thing they showed at the initial PS5 event. Really told you everything you need to know about the direction this generation was headed.
Oh yeah, games have expensive as fuck to make for years now, and the high expectations for next gen games is straw that broke the camels back. Re-releases are a safe, cheap, almost guaranteed money maker, and long tail service games can make an exponential amount of money if they find the right audience. I expect the ratio this generatuon to be 75 percent service games and re-releases, and 25 percent new triple a games

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Can't believe we are still on a 360/PS3 GTA.

GTA is clearly a GaaS now so I won't be surprised if the next one drops the number and is just self titled.
I can see that happening, the end of GTA as we know it if that happens I mean why is it taking so long to even do the 6th one, why focus on the 5th one when they should be focusing on the 6th one. I feel like RockStar is just running around in circles and just milking GTA V and the online portion just for the hell of it. But the good thing is that GTA Online will be separated from the story so hopefully, that means the 6th one is could come out soonish.

Top Bottom