• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

I am guessing this edition will have 4K with 60 fps and some add-ons for GTA online. Maybe, PS5 feature support with the activity cards, dual sense and 3D audio. I am not expecting much from this.

Last edited:

engstra

I'm one of the 50 people who hasn't played this yet so might actually be tempted to pick it up depending on price and what's out round that time

dorkimoe

Another console I won’t finish the game on. Just hated having 3 people to control and all the driving missions.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
At this point just mention GTA 6 if you’re R* they’re just fucking with gamers now. You could get the game on PS3.

Rikkori

3 is still easily my favorite GTA but I think the brand is too big now to risk doing remakes. Which is a shame, but eh, we'll just have to wait for 6 and hope the SP isn't the dumpster fire that 5 was after the half-way mark. As for MP, I don't particularly care and since they face-planted with RDO I don't hold much hope they'll do anything great. In truth the success of GTA V Online is despite R* rather than because of them so w/e.

NickFire

I was interested when it was first announced and assumed it would be a good filler game near the beginning of the cycle, but that interest has kind of faded out. I'll check in to see how it looks down the road, but the game will be OVER 8 years old when this comes out, and new gen will be a year old already.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I thought this was the announcement of a NEW Grand Theft Auto, and I was so excited clicking on the thread. It’s almost like my brain refuses to believe this game is being released AGAIN. For fucksake.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Funny I never did get to play past the first couple of hours. This could actually be fun for me.

NeonDelta

Already have it on 4 platforms. Would have to be some major improvements and extra single player missions for me to buy again

It's mind boggling how much they have milked this ,this literally launched on PS3/360 ffs at this rate this will also release with 120 fps on ps5 pro , and 8k support on ps6 and so on,
This shit should've launched as a free upgrade at launch of consoles just like every other developer .

iJudged

Banned
Me from 2013 til yesterday :
han solo GIF by Star Wars

fail old man GIF

deafmedal

In my imaginary world they have been hard at work remastering/making 4 and they will bundle both for $40 this November!

In the real world I’ll wait for this to hit <$20.

e&e

Banned
Has Rockstar seriously only made Red Dead 2 in 2 generations?

Edit: I think they want this game to be the most sold of all time.

Last edited:

Neo_Geo

Banned
Why would the PC version need an upgrade?
The port released on the PS5 and Xbox X will probably have many coding and visual improvements over the vanilla PC release. Hopefully anyways.

Would be nice if they enhanced the PC version for owners on Steam, etc. for free.

You guys remember the times when we would get 3 GTA games in one generation? Didn't they do like 2 PSP games too if my memory is right? Now we get 1 GTA game every 10+ years.

Markio128

Rockstar should have just released a boosted version for Series x and Ps5 for free by now. The notion of buying the game again for shinier visuals does not appeal to me at all. In fact, it would need to be a full remake in order for me to show any interest - 4K/60fps isn’t going to cut the mustard.

Myths

Still don’t think it’ll look any better than current mods unless they move towards photorealism modifying their time cycles. We’ll see.

I will be pretty impressed if it can look like this but run twice the res and twice the FPS:

Last edited:

Droxcy

That GTA Remaster collection rumor needs to be true. Also a GTA IV remaster would be insane (or map ported into GTA V)

Top Bottom