• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

Reallink

Why do you guys keep talking like you know what the improvements will be?

Because they wouldn't use generic patch notes likes "visual and performance upgrades" to describe something substantial, or unveil it with a PS4 footage sizzle reel. What are you imagining here, a ground up remake in the GTA 6 next gen engine?

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I've grown to despise Rockstar with a burning passion.

They want to celebrate GTA III , one of the most iconic games ever , with some corny GTA Online shit??

You have to be kidding me..

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Rockstar is celebrating the 20th anniversary of GTA III with "even more fun surprises," some of which will be specifically for GTA Online.

deflate GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can’t believe it… they could have at least update it with new models to replace the ps3 stuff but noooo, same assets.

Considering the claim against the re3 project, there could be a remaster or remake in progress
Where are the remasters of GTA IV and RDR? I think it's far more likely that Rockstar and Take 2 have just changed their stance on modding in recent years. Don't want people using fan ports of the maps or fan projects in general, that doesn't bring in the GTA Online big dollars.

People that will buy this don't realize that by doing so, they're sending message to Rockstar that they can keep delaying GTA6 development and release.

SMH..

I like how you people think that because gtav still sells well that Rockstar is therefor "delaying" gtavi's "development and release". Come on now, does this really sound logical to you? Like...you really think that a rational assumption would be that any work at Rockstar has ground to a halt because gtav still sells well? This is the critical thinking skills a 6 year old would have.

Last edited:
Imagine paying for this game again just to have the same experience PC already has since 2015 :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's not just going to be a port of the PC version though. It's going to be a full remaster of the game and upgrading the graphics even further than what PC has (similar to the jump from PS3 version to the PS4 version). I'm hoping for ray tracing and PBR materials. Couldn't care less if it's 60fps or 30fps.

SSfox

I like how you people think that because gtav still sells well that Rockstar is therefor "delaying" gtavi's "development and release". Come on now, does this really sound logical to you? Like...you really think that a rational assumption would be that any work at Rockstar has ground to a halt because gtav still sells well? This is the critical thinking skills a 6 year old would have.
Sure let's act that GTA6 isn't out yet because GTAV is still selling crazy 8 years after its release.

I'm very disappointed we have to wait until November. That's like a year after they announced it will be coming to the PS5? Oh well, will buy! 😁 Amazing game.

bargeparty

Even if the improvements are across the board, RT, ssd, resolution, textures etc, why couldn't this have been ready for launch? Really no excuse.

Because they wouldn't use generic patch notes likes "visual and performance upgrades" to describe something substantial, or unveil it with a PS4 footage sizzle reel. What are you imagining here, a ground up remake in the GTA 6 next gen engine?

You literally know nothing and I'm not even going to bother with a proper response.

ZywyPL

Banned
Yeah driving missions... that sucks... especially when the game is called Grand Theft AUTO

Which makes you wonder why they screw up the most crucial aspect of the game, the driving... Just when you thought it can't get any worse than GTA4 jelly springs...

ultrazilla

So what's the NeoGAF consensus on what the "next generation" PS5/Xbox Series X/S features will be for GTA V?

-Faster loading times?
-4k 60fps?
-4k 30fps with ray tracing?
-Completely remastered graphics(hi res textures, etc)

I just think at this point, Rockstar has to make some pretty substantial upgrades to the game to get people to bite again. Thought?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wait didn't PS4 already got a remaster? So now they're making remasters of remasters? How do you even call one a re-re-master?

Yeah I'd rather have them dedicate all of their available work force to make new installments [sequels or even prequels] of games instead of re-re-masters... especially when the last in the series came out 8 years ago !

Mad As Hell GIF

Rockstar didn't give free upgrades to the PS4/XO versions of the game just 14 months after the PS3/360 launch. No way in hell were they giving free upgrades for the PS5/XSX version 7 years after the last console version of the game.
They did so much to make the game look better that "free" should never have been expected, if they make a similar leap here nobody should expect free and considering the game runs just fine in BC nobody should complain about being "forced" to buy it again, you can just keep the one you have.

Last edited:

HAL-01

Still don’t think it’ll look any better than current mods unless they move towards photorealism modifying their time cycles. We’ll see.

I will be pretty impressed if it can look like this but run twice the res and twice the FPS:

That’s not even a good looking mod, they just blew out the sun and increased contrast to the point highlights are completely crushed.

The new version will look better than this.

SSfox

Imagine Stallone waking up from his cryonics and then first thing he want to do is to play the newest GTA games he missed. And then he'll found out every new GTA release is just another GTAV remaster.

Myths

That’s not even a good looking mod, they just blew out the sun and increased contrast to the point highlights are completely crushed.

The new version will look better than this.
Yeah no, it actually looks good for a mod. Everyone’s calibration and settings will vary.

I doubt R*’s update will look any more photorealistic than what the modding community have offered. R* have a specific art style/direction they’re aiming, it isn’t just about photorealism for them.

Top Bottom