• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

Sybrix

51323172586_ecbf2ec865_b.jpg

I transfered my online progress from Ps3 to PC, and now i want to transfer from PC to SX, can i do it? I want to play consoles as my friends on consoles. Mu most PC friends quit GTA Online

Md Ray

PC version need no upgrades as it will remain best version visually and frame-rate wise.
I know, but if this "next-gen" version improves upon the PC version (read: remaster), which undoubtedly would also come to PC if this is the case, then I'll be interested to jump back in and check it out.

Last edited:

Ritsumei2020

Report me for console warring
Rockstar heard Nintendo keeps making the same games over and over,

So they decide to make the same game over and over.

rofif

Banned
thats really cool but gta4 deserves a remaster first
Yep. 360 is STILL the best version of this game as in - includes all original music, proper depth of field and motion blur and displays contrast correctly. Xbox one versions do the same stuff at better framerate but no original music.
The pc version is trash no matter how many time I try to do something with it

EDMIX

Truer words have never been spoken.

I mean....but GTAVC, SA and 3 was made on PS2, PS3, PS4, ios, PC etc

That isn't a then and now, that is a current as Rockstar has always ported their GTA's besides the red headed set child that is GTAIV lol

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Yep. 360 is STILL the best version of this game as in - includes all original music, proper depth of field and motion blur and displays contrast correctly. Xbox one versions do the same stuff at better framerate but no original music.
The pc version is trash no matter how many time I try to do something with it
You WISH:

Plus m+kb gunplay with no aim assists.

You WISH:

Plus m+kb gunplay with no aim assists.

Why do all these GTA graphics mods look like they're perpetually moist with ridiculous reflections everywhere? And why do all these mods always have the contrast cranked up so high that all shadow detail is lost? I mean wtf, any shadow in that video is reduced to a solid blacks mass devoid of any detail.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That video looks so awful I think it just gave me cancer.

The only graphics mod for GTA IV that's worth a damn and doesn't look like someone ramped up the contrast and sharpening is probably iCEnhancer:

That looks much better. But IV looks like shit compared to V no matter what you do with it.

FranXico

If Rockstar just dumps GTAIII stuff into GTAOnline, and we don't get a decent re-release of the PS2 trilogy, I'll be rather upset.
The PS2 Trilogy already is playable on PS4/5 and Xbox, so I'm not sure why would they.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I agree, it sucks. But this is what happens when game development takes this long, and costs this much money. Budgets and scope have ballooned out of control over the last ten years. And monetizable “service” games have taken the industry by storm. It makes sense after all, less time and money spent developing multiple new big games in favor of one big title that can potentially provide the publisher ten years of profitability thanks to its mtx. I fucking hate it, but series like fallout, dragon age, gta, red dead, and the elder scrolls are now once every ten years games, rather than one every three, or even one per generation.

i personally hope that scope and feature
Creep dies down, so that games can be released at a faster pace.

Top Bottom