• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V released in advance in France

Found this on Twitter. Shot taken in a MediaMarkt in Spain.

BUItFMZCEAAi_sw.jpg

So neither specialized shops nor big chains give a fuck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tpax

Banned
Damn, I have this game now, but my TV is out of order, and the new TV will be delivered either on monday or tuesday.

Kimppis

Wait... You guys are surprised that someone buys GTA V for their kid? You didn't play GTA when you were under 18?!

Most parents don't give a fuck. And it's not a big deal, as there is no "mainstream" game that requires you to be adult or something... Okay maybe little older than 10 or 11 (15 maybe?), but video game ratings are ridiculous. "OK... there is little bit of blood and some sexual references... OMG -> Let's rate it 18+!!"

A huge amount of teens have sex, get drunk every weekend and heck, even have a driver's licence in some countries, but NO, they are not allowed to play a friggin video game.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't get why a normal 13 year old wouldn't be able to "handle" GTA.

rouken

every store should do this now, the game is already pirated and played by illegal means. makes it kinda unfair for those us waiting til tuesday

Riggs

Banned
I played GTA in six grade, the original. Let kids play, rather have my kid at home playing GTA versus doing a ton of drugs.

Anyway I need this fucking game now.

lol not a single fuck given anywhere. Would be awesome to have it before others and play it over the weekend

I played GTA in six grade, the original. Let kids play, rather have my kid at home playing GTA versus doing a ton of drugs.

Anyway I need this fucking game now.

I've been playing it since I was 7 and I agree with you

Wait... You guys are surprised that someone buys GTA V for their kid? You didn't play GTA when you were under 18?!

Most parents don't give a fuck. And it's not a big deal, as there is no "mainstream" game that requires you to be adult or something... Okay maybe little older than 10 or 11 (15 maybe?), but video game ratings are ridiculous. "OK... there is little bit of blood and some sexual references... OMG -> Let's rate it 18+!!"

A huge amount of teens have sex, get drunk every weekend and heck, even have a driver's licence in some countries, but NO, they are not allowed to play a friggin video game.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't get why a normal 13 year old wouldn't be able to "handle" GTA.
I was 17 when I first played GTA (San Andreas) but PEGI didn't exist back then and the game looked far less realistic and serious than GTA V.

Riggs

Banned
Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

Fuck that you deal with it!

We need this game now.

And no one will stop us. I am forming a local FL militia to go and get this game right now from gamestop, anyone who wants to join will need some kind of special training.

Weapons training, Computer training, Bomb disposal, Ability to speak Farsi and/or Mandarin also would be good.

Riggs

Banned
Well, if you're going to be like that, I'm not going to offer my military training.

Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok, I am sorry man. Just a little stressed right now. I really didn't mean it. Please join, I will buy you a copy.

Alienous

I was 17 when I first played GTA (San Andreas) but PEGI didn't exist back then.

I remember having San Andreas at a slightly younger age. My parents only concern was if I had viewed the 'Hot Coffee' content. Never nothing about decapitations, or chainsawing people to death.

Strange, that.

S¡mon

Banned
It's Grand Theft fucking Auto, not the second coming of Jesus Christ.
He is excited. It's better than the "is this all I get?"-attitude.

Btw, nice job giving your kid a game he shouldn't be playing.
Rating on the box, in Europe, is advisory - parents obviously think he can handle the game. Don't flip out: he won't become a sadistic serial killer because of GTA V.

hlhbk

Fuck that you deal with it!

We need this game now.

And no one will stop us. I am forming a local FL militia to go and get this game right now from gamestop, anyone who wants to join will need some kind of special training.

Weapons training, Computer training, Bomb disposal, Ability to speak Farsi and/or Mandarin also would be good.

I would be careful. I know that you are joking but sometimes things said in jest can be taken out of context. Remember that kid in Canada who was arrested for joking?

There s a place in Paris where you can get all the games, way before release, it's called Republique. There s like half a dozen of videogame stores in the street. Some would sell their mother. Got mine too.

Aurevoir life.

Riggs

Banned
I would be careful. I know that you are joking but sometimes things said in jest can be taken out of context. Remember that kid in Canada who was arrested for joking?

Oh I am not jokin

Already got a 3 man crew, it's a 5 man job though. You got any kind of training in cracking safes btw??

Sorry lol, obviously I am dicking around but ....... I am kind of going nuts waiting for tuesday to be honest.

SentryDown

There s a place in Paris where you can get all the games, way before release, it's called Republique. There s like half a dozen of videogame stores in the street. Some would sell their mother. Got mine too.

Aurevoir life.

As a french gamer, I confirm that, everyone know this place (also they got every japanese game on day one, many many oldies, collector editions and so on, yeah that´s the paradise of gaming)

hlhbk

I played GTA III when I was 13.

I'm pretty sure a good amount of people here played GTA before they were 18

As someone who played the origonal Doom at the age of 12 I usually have no issue with kids playing violent video games. I however have a huge problem with a 13 year old playing any 3d GTA game.

I have enough of a problem that at the midnight launch for GTA IV myself and several other gamers saw a 13 year old kid there with his mom in line to buy it. We asked if she knew what she was buying, she told us "yeah its a racing game". We told her it wasn't. She said "I trust my kid". We convinced a manager to put the game in and showed it to her. She flipped out, yelled at the kid, and drug him of the store.

I don't regret it and would do it again.

Aurevoir life.

Yep. We had a meetup with EviLore and France-GAF there, a couple weeks ago.

S¡mon

Banned
I dunno what bothers me more, That the kid got an 18 or that he's crying over a material possession.
What about - to put it softly - it is basically none of your business and that your approval - or in this case disapproval - changes nothing? :)

Not trying to be mean here, but seriously, you are bothered by a kid who is happy.

Nokterian

Aurevoir life.

Sounds my kind of store really,we don't have those in the netherlands.

C4Lukins

That kid in the video could not even handle holding GTA 5 without having an emotional breakdown.

Gold Member
Lucky bastards :(

I got the last two GTA games a week early from a local Indy store, which unfortunately went out of business a few years ago. Had to make do with Amazon this time around, but nvm it'll be here soon...

AHA-Lambda

Honestly, I completely agree with this, admittedly the kid seems maybe a bit younger than I'd allow if I was the parent but this happens all the time, and most kids by bout 13 can handle it.

Top Bottom