• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V released in advance in France

Cult game GTA V came out "in advance" in Paris

Gamers flocked to game retailers while the announcement of the sale of the new issue of the famous game spread out on social networks.

The release was scheduled for Tuesday, but some Parisian game retailers are already selling it. To obtain a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V), the most anticipated game of the year, hundreds of people lined up in front of stores in Paris on Saturday, Sept. 14. A release worthy of the most prestigious high-tech products, for a game that has become cult.

Release "under the cloak"

"So, we will not make you wait any longer, and we will not say more on Facebook. Come now." The cryptic message was posted in the early afternoon by a Parisian video games shop. Quickly, users undersood that this was an advanced release of the new issue of the famous game in which all vices are allowed. And you had to act quickly: three hours later, a message laments: "When will you get more? I had a sudden urge to kill after I cale for nothing".

"To have the game, you must pay in cash, go into a room behind the shop, and you come out with a purple bag," a female "gamer" and specialized journalist quoted by newspaper Le Figaro. A process that actually fits perfectly with the game's world, populated by gangsters and other public hazards.

And addicted gamers

Out quietly before the official date in some shops in the capital, the game is selling like hotcakes, or rather, as drug and smuggled alcohol, happy customers explained.

Salomé Lagresle @salomettte

Some guy told the shop employee 'god bless you'. Drugs. #GTAV

Oscar Lemaire @oscarlemaire

After MH4 in Tokyo, GTA5 in Paris. pic.twitter.com/mBu0U3Eety

BUIHN0uCIAESBmw.jpg

Ultimate proof of the passion that unites gamers to the GTA saga, this video posted today, showing a young boy in tears at the discovery of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za2Dh817ZyM

For the publisher, Rockstar, GTA is a gold mine. According to the website Jeuxactu.com, quoting Take Two Interactive, the previous edition had sold 25 million copies since its launch in 2008, XBox 360, PS3 and PC combined. Thus, the franchise has to sell 125 million since the first GTA game in 1997.
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/le-jeu-culte-gta-v-est-sorti-en-avance-a-paris_411873.html

Gotta love those responsible parents buying kids a PEGI 18 game.

Shady859

Love me some midnight releases you see such a crazy mix of people that would never be in the same place any most other circumstances.

Hurry up 12:01 tuesday.

NYR

Holy shit @ that youtube video, what shitty parents who think they gave their kid an epic gift.

AHA-Lambda

So much for the clamping down on leaks of this for release. Still hope I get my copy on release given R* dicking the UK about with the no dispatching til the day before policy BS.

cdkee

Banned
After seeing some videos of GTAV, there's no way in hell I'd let an 11 yo play it. Way too much violence, drugs, and sex.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
It was out here in Switzerland too ( specifically Geneva ). Some shops started selling them today, for a premium. Don't think any big chain was selling it though, even if they did for GTA IV, i remember some big chains like MediaMarkt selling it the week before the release.

Top Bottom