• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - 15 minutes of gameplay (previously unexplored area and city)

wapplew

I must admit, Kat have an apple hide between her breast at all time is a little too much...but I like it.

I don't want to watch any extensive footage but are there any cool moments that are gif-able?

gravity10j4k32.gif

D.Va

Neo Member
I regret watching already... I stopped 2 minutes in. Must. Resist. Until. Release.

Music is gorgeous as usual. The ost will be amazing. This is probably my most hyped release of 2016 (or maybe 2nd to Overwatch).

Lunar style jumping looks amazing. Somehow they've managed to make the gravity mechanics more fluid. Even the boost was tweaked a bit to have a superhero flair to it.

I mean damn

GIF7705f.gif

I also love just how much more vertical the world seems now with the larger environments. Huge freefalls in this video.

Skidd

This game looks so gorgeous. The animations are so goddamn good. The sense of gravity and weightlessness in these games is unmatched. The way Kat flails in the air differently with every jump (thanks to a procedural animation system I would presume) really shows that a lot of effort went into making it look good every time. In return it makes the game all the more special.

black070

Day zero. Gravity Rush was my favourite Vita game second only to Persona 4 Golden, and was there day one for the remaster. Now give me some of that PS4 quality goodness.

Looks fantastic. Is 18 dollars for Gravity Rush remastered worth it? (I never played the first one lol don't hurt me)

Worth it.

Good game, but keep expectations in check. It shows its handheld roots, and even taking that away, GR1 feels a bit like Assassin's Creed 1 where it feels less fleshed out as it focuses more of its own concept.

Danneee

Watched 15 seconds. Looks fantastic!

Never finished the first though and won't buy a Vita again to do so, there's no cross save between that and the PS4 version right?

Shin-chan

This and The Last Guardian are the most exciting games coming this year, but I think this one might end up my Game of the Year (which says a lot in a year where I played Trails of Cold Steel, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted).

UrbanRats

Lunar style jumping looks amazing. Somehow they've managed to make the gravity mechanics more fluid. Even the boost was tweaked a bit to have a superhero flair to it.

I mean damn

GIF7705f.gif

I also love just how much more vertical the world seems now with the larger environments. Huge freefalls in this video.

I also love how it's not all a brown hell.
Playing GD1 right now, and it's a cool & cute game, but fuck that color palette.

This is still not Ghibli levels of jollyness, but it's a start.

Did Toyama just fuckup and pull up a menu for Kat's outfits while in the photomode? I know I saw one image of Kat wearing a red shirt before he backed out of that menu.

If I remember correctly, wasn't it said that your energy bar doesn't drain from just falling around? Or maybe the cost of using it has been considerably reduced?

lcap

Man, 2016 is surely delivering. Having just finished GR: Remastered, this just got into my top 3 wanted games this year.

Really happy they are fixing my only gripe with the game: when you pick up objects with the Stasis field you don't immediatly levitate. Awesome!

wapplew

Any stream recording? We should update op with direct feed.
I saw costume option for Kat too, like 12 empty slot available.

I mean damn

GIF7705f.gif

I prefer it when she's falling with style (default mode) rather than flying.

This not flying, just jumping in low gravity.

Oh come on, she's adopting the full-on Superman pose there. If that's not flying I don't know what is.

not really complaining by the way, i just always loved the animations that come with falling through the sky

I prefer it when she's falling with style (default mode) rather than flying.

Both falling styles seem to work well together. It makes more sense for her to go full skydive/superman when you use boost or the horizontal lunar jump, while the loose falling style is used for normal gravity shifts.

Plus it makes it look like she's more experienced with her powers now without completely removing the carefree sensibility.

Top Bottom