• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - 15 minutes of gameplay (previously unexplored area and city)

This game looks fucking incredible. The colors, that music. The first game was an unfortunatley overlooked gem, this game deserves to be in sonys first party lime light

Shin-Ra

PlayStation_jp just tweeted a pic advertising the stream, showing a new costume.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation_jp/status/765110804521689089

Cp44ODuVIAAlsud.jpg-orig.jpg

Yeah but somehow it got even worse. RIP Gravity Rush well at least it seems like it will go out with a bang.
Please don't end with a cliffhanger.
Well good news is they said this would finish kat's story
(they know this shots gonna bomb won't even leave the door open lol)

Shin-Ra

This got me thinking maybe this game will be one of the showcases for Neo?
I think the mix of bright, sunny environments with shadowy areas mixed in could demonstrate HDR very well indeed.

Pickups could sparkle even brighter against already-light environments.

28994272125_9038eda894_o.png

Even the menu would twinkle with brilliant stars.

GR2menu.gif

It has great art but it's certainly not a tech showcase game.
It very much is, the only standout flaw I'm seeing is heavy pop-in when speeding between sky-islands and milder pop-in elsewhere.

Asd202

Even the menu would twinkle with brilliant stars.

GR2menu.gif

It very much is, the only standout flaw I'm seeing is heavy pop-in when speeding between sky-islands and milder pop-in elsewhere.

That's the first time I'm seeing this. Is this game menu? It looks amazing...

Servbot24

Banned

How so? Compare this game to Uncharted 4 or GoW or FFXV. Those are the types of games that will appeal to people tuning into the Neo reveal. This game looks great but it is very clearly low budget compared to other games.

Shin-Ra

How so? Compare this game to Uncharted 4 or GoW or FFXV. Those are the types of games that will appeal to people tuning into the Neo reveal. This game looks great but it is very clearly low budget compared to other games.
It's a showcase of strong technology, moreso than FFXV which is kind of a mess.

Popularity is a different thing entirely.

Shin-Ra

Sure but I'm asking why GR2 is a technical showcase.
Crisp clean shadows, good texture filtering, attractive lighting response on metals, goo, glass, brick and so on, parallax occlusion mapping, dense and varied particle animations, heavy destruction and physics objects in battle, animated cloth, clouds blowing through the sky islands (or sky islands floating through the clouds) I need to see the clouds more clearly but there appears to be a nice sense of depth.

GR2's art style is unique, even amongst cel/toon shaded games and there's plenty of subtle detail I think could be presented even more clearly to the press, watching and playing HDR source+display demos.

Jacknapes

Looks good. However, i read a comment or two saying delay this for a bit as Final Fantasy would be out the same time. I'd say yes, because Gravity Rush vs Final Fantasy would not be beneficial for Gravity Rush sales.

Top Bottom