• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2: Bigger Worlds, Little Details, Silly Side Quests

Iacobellis

Can't wait to play this, loved the first. Though I wish it came out in August as I feel it's the perfect end of summer game.

Hopefully eurobros pick up the ww slack for sales.

Gravity Rush was the perfect game to kickoff my summer back in 2012. Sadly, it was also one of the last AAA experiences I had with the system.

According to who exactly? Where exactly did this sentiment come from outside of small mind share in general?

I don't really get what either of you guys are saying. So anime style specifically for some reason is a non starter for reasons that can't be explained?
Well, I didn't mention anything about anime. I'm just saying showing off the game won't suddenly cause people who are not interested in the game to be interested. It isn't the type of game that aligns with the market in question.

Marketing and exposure won't suddenly cause the ceiling for the game to significantly expand in US. It is fine for this to be a relatively low budget AAA title with low profit. The huge AAA titles being as big as they are allow titles like Gravity Rush to get the green light.

Guymelef

GR2jupiterthrow.gif

In Jupiter style Gravity Throw builds a large projectile that presumably does more damage than five normal pieces of debris, with the tradeoffs being the time to build and no damage if you miss.

The best part of Gravity Throw is that Kat doesn't fly automatically when you press circle like in the first game.

Shin-Ra

The purple crystalline 'root' underneath each of the floating islands is interesting, I don't remember anything like that in GR1.

Secret passages, some going deep into the underside of islands would be exciting to explore, I hope there's more of that.

Couple more scenes from the attract mode. I'm omitting a certain character and the 'central feature' incase they're deemed spoiler material.

GR2mine.gif

GR2doll.gif

Fix that leg clipping Japan Studio!

don't point out the clipping since no one would notice otherwise

I really hope the game world is seamless and the "world pillar" — if the whole thing is in the game — can be traversed with no breaks or loading screens. Those screens of the undersides of the landmasses makes me want to see all the other stranger aspects of the game world outside of residential, developed areas.

also, this should've been shown at e3

Saw some developer walk through/interview during e3, they said its pretty much finished, definately coming this year and more news will be released 'in a few weeks'.

Hoping for an early September release, it's the only time I'll have nothing to play!

Just saw this...So excited. Easily my second most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

Don't know if this has been answered but, do I need to play the first to play the second one?

I think it would definitely help. There are at least two main plot threads left over from the first game and the game is very much about its central character, Kat, and I think having the introduction to her from the first game will help with your enjoyment of the second game.

Saw some developer walk through/interview during e3, they said its pretty much finished, definately coming this year and more news will be released 'in a few weeks'.

Hoping for an early September release, it's the only time I'll have nothing to play!

That sounds really promising. I don't suppose you have a link do you?

schaft0620

If anyone has any pull with the publisher, I just spoke to Best Buys customer service they are trying to reach out to them to see why Best Buy is not offered to carry the game. GR1R was Amazon exclusive but, I see GR2 on Gamestop and Amazon.

Shin-Ra

Couple more things I pieced together.

GR2mine.gif

Those drill divers we've seen before in the website art, lowered down through a rift.

story_palel3.png

And the purple hole Kat, Syd and mystery lady speed off to looks like the underside of the rift opening. The structure floating above is lowering the drillers down.

story_palel1.png

GR2riftopen.gif

Top Bottom