• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Japanese release date to be announced on July 19

Burbeting

Banned
gravity-daze2_160714.jpg

December 1st in Japan

http://gamestalk.net/gravitydaze2-4/

Sounds more like a placeholder date to me, although I can't read the source article.

DKHF

That's a good time for it to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a placeholder but it probably isn't.

so1337

Last Guardian and Gravity Rush (probably) in the same year. Ye gods!

Minus points for release date of a release date.

Elios83

Bump waiting for tomorrow =D
Last minute bets?
December sounds a good month to release it with TLG in October and GT Sport in November.

Chances that Sony delays this to 2017 for the west? I personally see no point, especially seeing as they have Horizon for Q1 2017 but hey, I don't run things.

I hope it's December. Like I mentioned in the rumor thread about the date, i'm worried that they'll release it in September which would be disastrous as this September in Japan is like November in the west. December will allow it to slide into a month that should be relatively calm with the potential exception of Yakuza 6. The same goes for if they release it in the west in December. And they have said that it's still on track for 2016 here.

Shevat

Neo Member
Sony already said multiple times it's coming out 2016.

Not that I don't think this can hit a December release in the west, or that December is even bad timing for this game, but it's not that much of a stretch to think they'd delay it. The vast majority of games Sony has launched this gen have seen delays. Tearaway Unfolded is the only one I can think of that wasn't, excluding launch titles.

Not that I don't think this can hit a December release in the west, or that December is even bad timing for this game, but it's not that much of a stretch to think they'd delay it. The vast majority of games Sony has launched this gen have seen delays. Tearaway Unfolded is the only one I can think of that wasn't, excluding launch titles.
Uncharted Collection.

I just need a US date for GR2!

If i ever need a collectors edition in my life, now would be the best time.

If you're willing to import then you're almost a lock for a CE. They even did one for the Remaster in Japan. SIE treats it very well there, as you can see by then fact that the president of SIEJA is going to be one of the speakers at the event.

Oxn

If you're willing to import then you're almost a lock for a CE. They even did one for the Remaster in Japan. SIE treats it very well there, as you can see by then fact that the president of SIEJA is going to be one of the speakers at the event.

Yep, and i regret not doing it. I thought they might do it in america but they didnt.

To think we may live in a world where FFXV, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, and Gravity Daze 2 all get released within the same year
in Japan

wapplew

Great, release date announcement and mini concert happening in 3 hours that we don't get to see.
Perfect marketing SIEJ!

sora87

To think we may live in a world where FFXV, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, and Gravity Daze 2 all get released within the same year
in Japan

Well, hopefully we'll be getting 3 out of 4 of those in the same year, still incredible

Great, release date announcement and mini concert happening in 3 hours that we don't get to see.
Perfect marketing SIEJ!

Yeah they dropped the ball on this

DKHF

If it comes to the west in December hopefully it's not on the same day as KH2.8 (which it has a good chance of doing) so I don't have to choose between them. If so though I'll just play 0.2 (which will be short) -> watch X Back Cover then play GR2 before DDD.

If it comes to the west in December hopefully it's not on the same day as KH2.8 (which it has a good chance of doing) so I don't have to choose between them. If so though I'll just play 0.2 (which will be short) -> watch X Back Cover then play GR2 before DDD.

This is exactly what I will be doing as well. DDD is old news and the new content shouldn't take more than 3.5-4 hours so I'll be happy to get through that and then jump into Gravity Rush 2 :D

Coda

So excited for this game. I just bought a new PC and thought about selling my PS4 but I can't give it up when this, Nier Automata, Persona 5 and The Last Guardian are all exclusives to the system.

Ray Down

Banned
Not going to announce international release date?
Since when did Japan conferences really ever announce a international date for anything other than maybe a remaster.

I say this because I know that was the case for Type-0 HD, but that had XV demo hype.

Top Bottom