• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

LotusHD

Banned
Ok the Amazon customer service rep said everything should be fine

How long does it usually take for Amazon to deliver the day of? Should I not expect it to arrive until the evening? Trying to figure out if I should take a vacation day, lol.

For me, it says it'll ship on the 18th. Normally I believe I get deliveries from them around 12 pm EST or so.

Kindekuma

Banned
My amazon order is yet to give me delivery details, but my mail usually comes in around 2:00pm latest. Hopefully having to update my delivery address didn't muck up anything for release date delivery.

tBtPByc.png

seems popular among spain

Griss

MAJOR Spoilers for GR1:

Unless I'm misremembering it was never confirmed at all that
Syd is Alias, though he might well have been. It's quite possible that Alias is simply dead.

Griss

Advice to everyone: don't read this.

I only mention it as a poster above posted it as part of the synopsis of the story, and I'm not sure that's right. Obviously if you haven't played the first you shouldn't click, but that's why it's spoilered.

Or is it just that you disagree with me?

Sayers

I was hoping that would be the thread title.

Got my copy coming on Friday, probably just going to play this all weekend.

MAJOR Spoilers for GR1:

Syd is Alias, though he might well have been. It's quite possible that Alias is simply dead.

I thought that too until I played it again

Alias just disguise himself a Sid once to take that star jewel from Kat, we really don't know much about Alias,

correct me if I'm wrong GravityGAF

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Great OT! Can't wait to start this tomorrow! Just watched the anime and I loved it!

I seriously think this will end up being my GOTY, everything about the game and especially its art style is right up my alley, hyped!

mollipen

I only mention it as a poster above posted it as part of the synopsis of the story, and I'm not sure that's right. Obviously if you haven't played the first you shouldn't click, but that's why it's spoilered.

Or is it just that you disagree with me?

I'm saying even if you've played the first game, I don't want people clicking on these spoilers. Don't even put any speculation that may be going on into your head going into GR2.

LotusHD

Banned
Great OT! Can't wait to start this tomorrow! Just watched the anime and I loved it!

I seriously think this will end up being my GOTY, everything about the game and especially its art style is right up my alley, hyped!

It will be tough as fuck for me to decide. Other than this, I also got GOTY contenders in BoTW, Nier, and Persona 5.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm saying even if you've played the first game, I don't want people clicking on these spoilers. Don't even put any speculation that may be going on into your head going into GR2.

True, though to be fair, I always thought plenty of Gravity Rush fans had it in their heads to begin with. But fine, I won't click anything.

Kindekuma

Banned

Yeah I'm kind of hoping that people don't post GR1 spoilers in this thread, I already put a story recap video in the OP under the story section for those wanting it. There shouldn't be a need for them at this point.

wapplew

3 hours of Gravity adventure, love Kat even more, story is good so far, want to play more but it's almost 3am...

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Preordered despite my usual stance against preordering. A game like this deserves support, and I commend Gaf's efforts at evangelising it.

I want to live in a world where this game is successful, at least enough for us to get a third.

LotusHD

Banned
Preordered despite my usual stance against preordering. A game like this deserves support, and I commend Gaf's efforts at evangelising it.

I want to live in a world where this game is successful, at least enough for us to get a third.

To be fair, we got early reviews, so with this particular game, there's certainly no shame to be felt over pre-ordering it.

GR3 will be a PS5 exclusive, and then us PS4 owners will be in the same boat as the Vita owners haha

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
To be fair, we got early reviews, so with this particular game, there's certainly no shame to be felt over pre-ordering it.

GR3 will be a PS5 exclusive, and then us PS4 owners will be in the same boat as the Vita owners haha
Yes, early reviews and "it's more Gravity Rush" tipped me over, but even games I am excited for I usually wait for price drop/patches.

That's the other cool thing about this game which was highlighted by Digital Foundry: it's polished day one, no need to wait for niggling issues to be ironed out before I feel confident enough to buy. Looks like it's got Nintendo-level polish.

Raylan

Banned
BUY THIS GAME, PEOPLE!

If you're on the fence of buying it just go ahead and BUY IT.
As always -> Show the big publishers (now Sony) that we want these kind of games.

In.

Only problem is Zelda arrives 3/3 and I'll probably only be able to play one game between now and then. This or REVII. Hmm...
Join us, buddy. The Gravity Queen is coming!

MAJOR Spoilers for GR1:

I thought that too until I played it again

Alias just disguise himself a Sid once to take that star jewel from Kat, we really don't know much about Alias,

correct me if I'm wrong GravityGAF

I'm still posting speculation since I can

but yeah, kind of big spoilers:

In the lead up to the boss fight with Alias, Alias creates multiple projections of himself. That's why the gem scene makes sense because it's not like Alias showed off an ability to look like anyone he wanted to.

liquidtmd

Banned
Fuck me this game is gorgeous. I liked the demo too.

Have got RE7 on preorder and can't justify another full price game just now. Start of Feb I'm in, look forward to everyone's impressions

Kindekuma

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;228554279 said:
I think its called "Nightgale" which is apparently part of the digital soundtrack that you get for preordering so someone should have it up soon.

Man I really want that soundtrack, but physical copies won't have it :(

Zackat

The cat got to my avatar.

Friday is a long time away. I just love flyin around in this game, pretty excited to do it on PS4.

Raylan

Banned
-Pre-ordering Gravity Rush 2 in participating retailers will give you an exclusive white costume, and soundtrack.
-Pre-ordering Gravity Rush 2 on PSN will net you 10 PSN Avatars.
What about the PSN preorder dudes? Are they going to get the white costume + the soundtrack, too?

What about the PSN preorder dudes? Are they going to get the white costume + the soundtrack, too?
Yeah, you get the pre-order bonuses from PSN. You also get a theme (which doesn't look that good honestly) if you're in EU and avatars if you're in the US.

I'll post this in here since it seems like there will be no more replies in the other thread.

I watched the live-action trailer at first on mute while listening to Sade's Smooth Operator and was taken in by the visuals, then rewatched it with sound and closed captions and found it really cute and cool. Very good way to advertise the game.

LotusHD

Banned
I'll post this in here since it seems like there will be no more replies in the other thread.

I watched the live-action trailer at first on mute while listening to Sade's Smooth Operator and was taken in by the visuals, then rewatched it with sound and closed captions and found it really cute and cool. Very good way to advertise the game.

I'll say, we even got a thread title out of it lol

Yea I like that they bothered to make sure you truly are as light as a feather. Like in hindsight it's such an obvious thing to implement, and yet I was surprised when I first saw it for myself.

Kindekuma

Banned
I sorta intended to get an Avatar gallery going but wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to go through with it or nah.

So here's one to start off and see if I should keep it up.

0e92xve.png
zgpRDtC.png

Top Bottom