• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity rush 2 servers are out ( Unhappiness Post)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I hope it does not break rules of the Post thread

Hello as you know today has been a very sad day for the community of fans of this fascinating masterpiece called Gravity rush 2.

As you know, now the servers are closed.

It will sound very silly and dumb, but the truth is I am depressed and I feel a lot of disappointment and frustration the action that Sony took despite the claims of the fans that they are undoubtedly a great pillar for people to know this magnificent Saga (Same people that play the game and saga and they love it).

I can´t believe that even with the requests of the fans of this great cult game (My cultural heritage), regardless of the audience number, They simply make the decision to close one of the best online modes that ps4 has.

It is incredible and illogical to close some servers that I do not think consume a lot of resources and even more that there are Wii or Ps3 games that are still online.

So I ask myself, what is the payment that I made of the PS PLUS subscription? What is precisely to maintain the servers?

I really totally disapprove of this decision.

Would not it have been better if they would at least make themselves known at E3 before launching it?

Would not it have been better to offer a unique and original title that does not depend on violence?

Or at least leave the servers, with the respect for the communit minimum for 3 years?

I do not understand Sony's marketing, it has simply taken decisions out of logic.

I am very depressed, because it sounds silly, but it is like having lost an important object, because for me it is a very perfect game and very unique and lovely to me, I know that many fans share the same feeling.

Sony must support its own franchises.

I cannot believe what he did to one of the best playstation 4 games with a extremely high quality. (Have a amazing Story, Amazing Characters, Amazing places, Amazing OST, What wrong with you sony?)

portada-2.jpg

Thanks for having the time to read me. Long live the Queen of gravity

Will wait the fans for a Gravity rush 3... not matter what.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gravity Rush 1&2 was truly fantastic series. In my opinion it was best super hero open world game I ever played.
We might not see Gravity Rush 3 anytime soon but I hope we more games from Keiichiro Toyama soon.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to get all the dusty stuff a few months ago. Can't say I'll miss finding treasures with awful picture hints. To those people I say screw you. To the ones who took helpful pictures I say thank you for making it actually fun.

Really sad news indeed OP, Gravity Rush 2 was a blast and Sony kind of sending it out to die out there was shit. But at least we got it you know, this is one of those games that by all logic reason shouldn't exist but luckily it does.

Fox Mulder

I think it's bullshit to shut down servers like Sony does with first party games. I see it only came out in 2017.

Even if the game bombed, this will kill any future sales. They just shut off Gran Turismo 6 recently too while I can hop on the 360 and play old Forzas.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Keiichiro Toyama is a Hidden Genious

I have the hope that will get Gravity rush 3... at least in ps5.

I say it because Forbidden Siren is underrated but he still remember the title and bring more marketing gifts.

Zambayoshi

394Qm3p.gif

So sad. I haven't played GR2 yet. Hopefully the overall feel of the game has not been too damaged by this regrettable decision from Sony.

Zenaku

Spent about 5 hours yesterday using a token trick to get from 1600 to 6000. Would've loved to take my time, but I've had very little game time over the last few months to really savour it.

At the very least, should GR3 ever get made, it'll likely avoid tying unlockables to an online mode, at least not exclusively.

Technically, they could patch the game to give you x amount of tokens after each chapter, so you have everything by the end, though I doubt they'll bother.

Wonko_C

It is sad how underappreciated this series is. At least we got closure with GR2. I just wish it gets a PSVR spinoff some day, maybe it could get noticed more that way.

Mr Hyde

Gravity Rush 2 must have sold really bad if the servers are killed after only one year. Gotta pick it up one day if it´s on sale, liked the first one quite a bit, even if it gave me alotta headache due to the gravity mechanic.

Vawn

Banned
I only played the first. What were the online features? I thought it was 100% offline anyway until seeing this.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Glad I didn't buy into this game. The demo's controls didn't really sit well with me so I didn't bite, and now this...

wipeout364

Sony needs to stop shutting servers down. At this point they are worse than EA for this. The cost for them running these servers is likely next to nothing (for a company generating close to 20 billion a year in revenue ) as they are low traffic. At least keep them up for the duration of the generation.

Sony really needs to stop sending out their niche 1st party games to die. GR2 barely got any stagetime during their conferences. The most amount of marketing it received was the gravity cat commercial in Japan. And surprise! It managed to sell over 100K physical copies over there. Go figure!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Glad I didn't buy into this game. The demo's controls didn't really sit well with me so I didn't bite, and now this...

Friend, the controls are Flawless. =)

I can play it with smooth without problem, if the controls was really bad... nobody will get the platinum trophy in Gravity rush 1 and 2.

You can buy it, the online features in not a wall to enjoy this gem.

Sony needs to stop shutting servers down. At this point they are worse than EA for this. The cost for them running these servers is likely next to nothing (for a company generating close to 20 billion a year in revenue ) as they are low traffic. At least keep them up for the duration of the generation.

Yes, actually this is not a problem of Sony, they say that they had monetary gains in the last few years .

And its make again my question. if they haven´t that...what are they use my money that I pay in the ps plus service ? Because Sony say that part is in service maintenance.

I only played the first. What were the online features? I thought it was 100% offline anyway until seeing this.

Actually the Main Story you can play it without problem, and get the trophy platinum.

I have this game but haven't played yet. All I am losing is some costumes, right?

Yes...for the moment.

BANGS

Banned

I can play it with smooth without problem, if the controls was really bad... nobody will get the platinum trophy in Gravity rush 1 and 2.
"controls didn't really sit well with me"=/="controls are bad"

I had a lot of trouble swinging the camera around during action scenes going enemy to enemy. Even free flying felt weird. Doing a little research, I find I'm not alone...
https://www.google.com/search?q=gra...rome..69i57.4247j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
This series has one of the most unique and beautiful art directions i've ever seen in a game but the first game on Vita suffered from some really stupid design choices (i'm looking at you chapter 10).I haven't played the sequel enough to have a solid opinion yet but from what i've played i prefered the sequel's controls much more.

Fbh

Op, on the one side I agree with you In regards to PS+. Since we have to pay for online features this gen you'd expect at least Sony games to get lenghty support. So I think any outrage over this is justified

But your post makes it sound like Sony just killed the online for a multiplayer heavy game, you almost make it sound like the game is no longer worth it now or its drastically different.
This isnt as if a game like Monster Hunter or destiny had their online shut down, it's basically just one of the several boring side activities that doesn't work anymore.

Everything that makes this game worth picking up: the awesome art direction, music and characters and the fun gravity shifting mechanic is still there. Nothing about the main quest or the vast majority of sidequests has changed. It would be a shame if someone wanted to pick this up and won't do so now because your post has lead them to believe that a massive part of the game was killed

It's a minigame where people could hide a treasure somewhere in the world and leave a hint of its location with a picture. You could unlock a few emotes and costumes through it .

I did it once or twice and found it really boring.

If you liked the first one the sequel is still absolutely worth it (just don't expect many improvements outside of visuals)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Op, on the one side I agree with you In regards to PS+. Since we have to pay for online features this gen you'd expect at least Sony games to get lenghty support. So I think any outrage over this is justified

But your post makes it sound like Sony just killed the online for a multiplayer heavy game, you almost make it sound like the game is no longer worth it now or its drastically different.
This isnt as if a game like Monster Hunter or destiny had their online shut down, it's basically just one of the several boring side activities that doesn't work anymore.

Everything that makes this game worth picking up: the awesome art direction, music and characters and the fun gravity shifting mechanic is still there. Nothing about the main quest or the vast majority of sidequests has changed. It would be a shame if someone wanted to pick this up and won't do so now because your post has lead them to believe that a massive part of the game was killed

It's a minigame where people could hide a treasure somewhere in the world and leave a hint of its location with a picture. You could unlock a few emotes and costumes through it .

If you liked the first one the sequel is still absolutely worth it (just don't expect many improvements outside of visuals)

Well, I read your post.

Yes, in fact on the contrary, I always support this great game and to people that I am in this sector I always support it and I speak marvels about the saga and more for gravity rush 2.

The question is that if it is a shock, but analyzing things on the one hand Sony gave the explanation why he did not keep the server.

What I ask Sony is to support more this great saga that has.

Of course Gravity rush 2 is a great game, I consider it the best game I've ever play in my life.

What I want more than anyone, is that Sony support the saga and releases a patch so they can acquire the objects and costumes for the new players, I thought that the best way is to be able to buy the costumes and the amulets is
acquiring the beautiful gems of the game and go in a new menu store of the game (Like devil may cry 3 for example) and buy them only with the game money . This or Make One New mini-game
destined to acquire Dusty tokens.

Trust me. i am a big fan and If I could, I would give the people a gift (Gravity rush 2 game) so that I can get to know them.

Last edited:

Helios

I've never played Gravity Rush and I don't have a lot knowledge about these things, but how costly are these type of servers? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere but I was under the impression that servers don't cost that much these days especially for a game that doesn't have that many online features and doesn't even rely on an online connection.

Vawn

Banned

So basically nothing. This doesn't seem like anything to get upset over.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The core gameplay and charming story is still there even without the online part. With those Dusty tokens you get from doing online stuff is for unlocking costume, object for taking photos and talismans.

Cactuarman

Banned

It wasn't a major element but that's what I liked about it. You could easily go from mission to mission and ignore the social challenges but they were a nice excuse to explore. And I liked how if you used someone's photo to find the treasure, you had to take a photo to help someone else (and you'd get rewarded if someone successfully used your photo). Would agree though that being "very depressed" over it is a little much...

Platinumed GR1, GR Remastered, and GR2 so I definitely loved these games, but will have to disagree with you about the controls being flawless. Flying around in these games was extremely enjoyable and I liked ground combat, but aerial combat could be pretty annoying and I found myself just throwing objects at things a lot. Though it certainly got better after the first game.

Heimdall_Xtreme

It wasn't a major element but that's what I liked about it. You could easily go from mission to mission and ignore the social challenges but they were a nice excuse to explore. And I liked how if you used someone's photo to find the treasure, you had to take a photo to help someone else (and you'd get rewarded if someone successfully used your photo). Would agree though that being "very depressed" over it is a little much...

Platinumed GR1, GR Remastered, and GR2 so I definitely loved these games, but will have to disagree with you about the controls being flawless. Flying around in these games was extremely enjoyable and I liked ground combat, but aerial combat could be pretty annoying and I found myself just throwing objects at things a lot. Though it certainly got better after the first game.

Well, maybe its because Kat is a "Rookie" and not have the enough experience ( check the landing that who stumbles) with raven is more easy even she have a better landing in the hight.

Also, Sony should include as a part of pack the game together with Horizon on the Next PS4 Pro Combo.

As they do with Ratchet & Clank.

I say so that people know the saga.

Because Gravity rush fall in love to the people... the problem is that, mostly people dont know anything about the saga. Only the Gamers with best taste like Neogaf Team.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I still have yet to finish the first game on my Vita, but I absolutely have loved everything I have seen of Gravity Rush 2. I really hope that the developers/artists make another game soon. Love their art direction for the series and would love to see it return in another form (if not another sequel).

Heimdall_Xtreme

I still have yet to finish the first game on my Vita, but I absolutely have loved everything I have seen of Gravity Rush 2. I really hope that the developers/artists make another game soon. Love their art direction for the series and would love to see it return in another form (if not another sequel).

Believe me, the voice in voice of the gamers are love the universe in gravity rush 1 and 2, its only time... the fans community ir getting more people =)

FranXico

Has the game been patched to take all mentions of online out from it?
Can it still be platinumed playing offline?

It's really dissapointing to see that they closed servers. When we are paying for PSN they should keep servers for first party games open as long as there are people playing there.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Has the game been patched to take all mentions of online out from it?
Can it still be platinumed playing offline?

Yes, you can get the platinum without the online elements.

Not yet, there is not patch... well i have a save data in the first mission with all dusty tokens, but there is restriction in share save data of ps4 to other count of ps4... if there is a solution i can share my save data =).

It's really dissapointing to see that they closed servers. When we are paying for PSN they should keep servers for first party games open as long as there are people playing there.

i say the same thing... and the worst scenario, sony have billion of Dollars... cant just keep a Server that dont take much programming resources ?

Top Bottom