• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Dec 8, 2008
England
I'll be interested to see how well this game is received. I found it charming, but the mission structure was dull as ditchwater. I think there'll be more than a few people disappointed when they actually get their hands on the game.

Zareka

May 3, 2014
Scotland
Poor Vita. :(

I'm glad this'll get out to more people though. It was a neat little game when I played it. Maybe I'll finish it this time without my save disappearing into the nether.

I'd hope for Gravity Rush 2 for PS4 + Vita but I know it won't happen. :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jul 26, 2014
America
I was one of the people begging for this game on PS4 since i was never interested in a vita(and now that i have a VITA TV, won't ever need one), so i'm glad its coming.

UrbanRats

Jun 25, 2009

Aw yiss.

Tsunamo

Sep 15, 2011
Australia
I'll double dip, as much as I hate to say it the original was kind of hindered by the Vita in terms of visual display, so it'll look fantastic seeing the open world in 1080p with hopefully some AA, the towns were huge. (even if there wasn't much to do in them) Hard to believe it's been three years since the original came out and I played it.

I do still hope the second gets a Vita version aswell despite how grim it's looking now though, would be a nice swansong to me for Sony support.
Everyone should play the Armed Forces DLC before you finish the game, not after. It actually felt like cut content =/
Second this. I was lucky because I got it as pre-order content so it was free (at least I think it was that) but it's the only DLC that really feels substantial and plot relevant to me.

lazyproblems

Jul 9, 2014
Everyone should play the Armed Forces DLC before you finish the game, not after. It actually felt like cut content =/

Wasn't all of the DLC for Gravity Rush on-disc? Either way, yeah, the Armed Forces one adds a bit to the story and is worth it.

Vuze

Nov 13, 2013
Germany
Bloodborne, Uncharted, now Gravity Rush and eventually Gravity Rush 2. Slowly need to pick up a PS4.

I'd rather hear about the sequel tho

_hekk05

Banned
Nov 5, 2013
asia
I rather games i want not be exclusive to a platform i dont want.

That's what they always say.

I want to play Gravity Rush but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Oreshika but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Danganronpa but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Freedom Wars but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Wipeout 2048 but I don't want the vita.

The vita didn't need exclusives to sell. It didn't need better graphics. It just needed less port beggers who say "I would love to play these games, but on another platform".

The vita is dead.

Outcome

Banned
Jul 31, 2013
St.Petersburg, Russia
Awesome game. I felt it being restricted by Vita as if it wanted to go beyond Vita and expand to full big screen. This game is just too big for so small display just like the Golden Abyss. You just cannot appreciate all the details.
Will buy in a heart beat day one.

wapplew

Mar 1, 2012
Finally, I can enjoy this game without all the stuff they did that utilized the Vita features (like those fucking races with the slide mechanic)

Slide is fine, the touch control is fine. Load time is what kill me on the challenge mission .

giancarlo123x

Banned
May 11, 2010
Id buy the shit out of this. I platinumed the ps+ version of the original and loved every minute. I'll buy the DLC for it one day when they make the memory cards more affordable.
Would plat again.

DLC better be cross-buy
If this is true it will most likely come with it.

raidergale

Jun 29, 2014
Italy
I'll buy this while crying about the Vita's first party grim future. :(

I'm still hoping for cross platform Gravity Rush 2 because I'd rather play it on Vita, but who am I kidding? I feel like it's a dead cause by now. I'm happy it's still coming anyway, better than nothing I guess.

wilflare

May 20, 2007
Singapore
steamcommunity.com

The vita didn't need exclusives to sell. It didn't need better graphics. It just needed less port beggers who say "I would love to play these games, but on another platform".

The vita is dead.

true Vitabro <3

Feb 25, 2012
a little late to the treads, but count me as one of the people who'll double dip for this game on PS4 if the remaster is not a mess. The game was a wonderful experience on the Vita but the art style really deserve an HD upgrading

Chariot

Jul 6, 2013

The vita is dead.
True words!
Vita-chan, stay strong!

DavidDesu

Oct 26, 2014
Glasgow, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I loved the atmosphere of this game, but never played for too long. The tilting mechanic was nice but since you were titling the screen out of your view.. it was awkward as hell to use properly. I actually think it'll work better with a DS4 and the screen in front of you not moving, the DS4 is accurate and responsive so it'll work no problem, or even just using analogue sticks will work better than the Vita's ones.

Bring it on, really want to play this again, also hopefully in 1080p 60fps as the graphics aren't pushing anything and weren't even native res on Vita :(

Shin-Ra

Oct 10, 2013
Hopefully they fix the load times.
The entire game is something like 1.6GB on Vita.

It's worked well in pretty much every ps4 game i've tried. It's an entirely different tech then what the DS3 used. the Ds 3 had a tilt sensor, while the ds 4 has a three-axis gyroscope and three-axis accelerometer.
DS3 and DS4 have 3-axis gyro and 3-axis accelerometer, DS4 just has much later generation sensors.

Shin-Ra

Oct 10, 2013
Gravity Daze looked pretty spectacular in high res Vita shots. Hopefully the image quality basics are nailed. 1080p60 4xMSAA 16xAF minimum. So Okami HD, but 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.