• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remaster [PS4} - Review Thread

sono

Gold Member
And so the great unwashed can experience for a while a part of that unique joy that only true ownership can bring.

Bow before the king of handhelds.

I'm conflicted. The second game looks so much better (obviously, maybe less stylized though?) and is probably more refined (and targeted at home console owners). I don't even know if I'll like these games so I'm not sure if I should bother with GR1 and instead just wait for GR2. On the other hand GR1 is proven to be good and the port seems to be amazing.
Would it be wise plot-wise to start with GR1? Maybe if it's on sale later this year...

I'm conflicted. The second game looks so much better (obviously, maybe less stylized though?) and is probably more refined (and targeted at home console owners). I don't even know if I'll like these games so I'm not sure if I should bother with GR1 and just wait for GR2. On the other hand GR1 is proven to be good and the port seems to be amazing.
Would it be wise plot-wise to start with GR1? Maybe if it's on offer later this year...

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but in the UK you can buy it on release for about £20, half the price of a normal retail game. For that price I think it's worth trying and it s a cheaper alternative to starting at GR2.

Trace

Banned
I'm conflicted. The second game looks so much better (obviously, maybe less stylized though?) and is probably more refined (and targeted at home console owners). I don't even know if I'll like these games so I'm not sure if I should bother with GR1 and instead just wait for GR2. On the other hand GR1 is proven to be good and the port seems to be amazing.
Would it be wise plot-wise to start with GR1? Maybe if it's on offer later this year...

Just play GR1 now. Easily one of the best games you will play this year.

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but in the UK you can buy it on release for about £20, half the price of a normal retail game. For that price I think it's worth trying and it s a cheaper alternative to starting at GR2.

Germany. I was thinking of trying out the digital preorder thing. 30€, so more or less the same price.
But actually you make a good point, this is much cheaper than trying my luck with GR2.

Would it be wise plot-wise to start with GR1? Maybe if it's on sale later this year...

From one Toro Inoue lover to another - don't skip out on Gravity Rush 1. It is an absolute gem.

unangbangkay

Neo Member
The fact people aren't referring to Danvers when they say Ms.Marvel is still weird.

Hey man, she's the Captain now.

For the most part the sites that have reviewed both versions have given it more or less the same score. The one exception being Destructoid.

Destructoid: 65 | 80

I wrote that one, and my reasoning for this is twofold:

1. Jim Sterling wrote the original Vita review of GR, and I liked it better than he did at the time (I'd have given it a solid 7-7.5).
2. Remastered is identical content-wise to the original, but runs and looks better, and is slightly easier to control (thanks to DualShock 4 > Vita sticks).

Therefore, as the best version of a game that's good regardless of platform, it gets a bump in the score for me.

KevinCow

Banned
I just went to Gamestop to preorder this and apparently they're not getting the physical release? Weird. Anyway I ordered it off Amazon instead so I look forward to getting it next week.

I just went to Gamestop to preorder this and apparently they're not getting the physical release? Weird. Anyway I ordered it off Amazon instead so I look forward to getting it next week.

Same, but I dont want to wait so I just ended up pre ordering the digital version on psn.

sn00zer

8/10 is a good way to describe this game, but not in relation to other 8/10s. This game has an insanely cool mechanic, art, and music, but is severely hampered by how they handle the mechanics in mission design. So its like a deeply flawed 10/10 rather than a good 8/10 if that makes sense.

Great game btw....could really use a demo though

8/10 is a good way to describe this game, but not in relation to other 8/10s. This game has an insanely cool mechanic, art, and music, but is severely hampered by how they handle the mechanics in mission design. So its like a deeply flawed 10/10 rather than a good 8/10 if that makes sense.

Great game btw....could really use a demo though

Yea. I feel if it clicks with you it is GOTY caliber. Otherwise it will be just good to you.

DKHF

Marty Sliva (IGN) gave it a 7.5

After hearing him praise the new version on Beyond I expected him to go higher than Greg Miller's score (he gave it the exact same score) but he did say he was really frustrated with one mission and agreed with Greg's old review on the podcast.

Ordered this along with Darksiders 2 remastered, despite still owning and mostly completing the original on Vita. Really hope that the wait for GR2 isn't too much longer.

I guess this can get preloaded? I found the icon in my library with a Download option, and it downloaded a 2.4GB file and its now downloading the 9GB Application Data.

I've never pre-ordered on PSN before. This is all new to me.

Shin-chan

Physical seems quite limited at launch?

Amazon.co.uk and Shopto appear to have sold out of their initial shipment already.

Good news for the game, but I was hoping to get it later down the line.

Wait, so the size of the game is just around 9.9 GB?

I thought the asian version was like 24 GB or am I remembering incorrectly?

Laws00

So i'm wondering do I buy Tearaway unfolded for the PS4.

I have it for psvita and I also have Gravity Rush for psvita.

Eh i'll wait for a sale on the ps store

Gravity Rush is a no brainer PS4 is the superior.

Tearway is different. PS4 will be slicker, and have more content but tons of features work so well on an intimate level on Vita it's can be ported (and havent, I think) as well on PS4 so both version are kinda... good.

Tearaway Unfolded is inferior compared to the Vita version, due to the extra content creating pacing issues and the whole thing just generally not feeling as organic as it was on the handheld, which isn't surprising since the original was tailor-made for the Vita.

Gravity Rush Remastered however is better in every conceivable way compared to the original, and I say that as someone who's played it (Chinese version).

Top Bottom