• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAW2 first details (hopefully not old)

eso76

i haven't seen them posted yet, lock if old

from gameinformer

Developed by Red Storm and Ubisoft Paris, and has been in development
since Graw was launched. It will contain the following graphical updates
which has been concluded that it easily eclipses its predecessor in
terms of visuals. They include the following:

1.Dynamic Weather Conditions: Taking place in sandstorms to howling
rain, with subtle details such as after a rain storm the mission area
glistens with moisture and features standing pools of water on the
streets. As well as wind and weather simulation.

2. Object Translucency: Which allows players to see through surfaces
like leaves and fabrics under the right lighting circumstances.

3. God Rays: Also a technique that simulates the way light goes around a
surface that blocks light. God Rays allow the player to see the limits
of light, creating the hard edges rays of light often seen pouring
through cathedral windows.

4. Smoke Effects Techinques called Depth Sprite in which smoke particles
move over and around objects like an actual gas, elminating the
hardlines you see between clouds and surfaces you see in most games. The
smoke also reacts to light and wind.

Demos were shown that showed the dynamics of the smoke. Such as a
helicopter down draft that forced huge plumes of smoke away from the
landing. To an explosion forcing away a smoke cloud with the light of
the fire reflecting off the particles in the cloud in real time.

5. Improved particle effects that send debris flying in explosions and
chips exploding off walls when struck by a bullet.

-Graw 2 deals with the escalating turmoil just south of the US border.

-It all takes place over 72 hours

-It will have way more varied locations including fighting through the
mountains, forests, etc.

-Whats more the combat will be on both sides of the border, Mexico and
the US appearently.

-the first section of Graw2 will take place around the Mexican City of
Juarez, 2nd in a war torn urban Center, the final tasks players with
repelling a full fledged invasion of US soil for control over El Paso Texas.

-In another demo the smoke cloud was forced away from a sudden
explosion, and the light from the fire reflected off the particles in
the cloud in real time.

Also just a side note, he said in his opinion, it looked on par if not
better than GOW. O_O

adelante

Ubisoft loves Mexico.

To reiterate what I said elsewhere:
Wow....Rainbow 6 Vegas isn't even out down here and I'm already anticipating this next GRAW to come out....

And the particle effects really lives up to those description, most atmospheric graphics ever? Depth Sprite....are these substitutes for volumetric smoke albeit less cpu-crunching?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
GRAW2 single player will look awesome. I have a few friends working on the game and they all tell me how big the jump from GRAW to GRAW2 is graphically. When I told them about GoW they didn't seem to think their game would suffer from the comparison, but of course the scope is completely different.

Tieno

Yeah, GRAW looked pretty good. If they can get the game as good looking as GOW or even better that's a good sign for other devs (and the 360). After all, it is released after GOW.

Does GRAW2 use UE3? Or the same engine as GRAW?

sangreal

Blimblim said:
GRAW2 single player will look awesome. I have a few friends working on the game and they all tell me how big the jump from GRAW to GRAW2 is graphically. When I told them about GoW they didn't seem to think their game would suffer from the comparison, but of course the scope is completely different.

It looks the same in GI. To me anyways

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Tieno said:
Does GRAW2 use UE3? Or the same engine as GRAW?
It's a custom engine from the Ubi Montreuil team, a big evolution from the one used in GRAW. They are *really* proud of what they achieved, and they really love working on the 360.

eso76

Blimblim said:
When I told them about GoW they didn't seem to think their game would suffer from the comparison, but of course the scope is completely different.

I think gow's beauty has as much to do with the engine as it has with its art. (is this even english ?)

Treo360

It's cool that they've decided to use some mental ray techniques. Now if they'll only use the duck and cover game play from R6: Vegas and GoW or even GRAW P.C.

Ever since I've played R6: Vegas and GoW (and to a lesser extent GRAW P.C.) any shooter that doesn't have a system of D and C seems dated to me now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
4. Smoke Effects Techinques called Depth Sprite in which smoke particles
move over and around objects like an actual gas, elminating the
hardlines you see between clouds and surfaces you see in most games. The
smoke also reacts to light and wind.
Now, this is a true next gen effect. I want to see more of this.

Treo360 said:
Now if they'll only use the duck and cover game play from R6: Vegas and GoW or even GRAW P.C.

Ever since I've played R6: Vegas and GoW (and to a lesser extent GRAW P.C.) any shooter that doesn't have a system of D and C seems dated to me now.

Quoted for mother****ing truth. I am so spoiled by GOW and R6:V that I can't go back to how it used to be.

Treo360 said:
which one?

I forget exactly but it's the one just after destroying the guardrail or whatever. You start on some rooftops and I took out some armory and I was supposed to head down to the street but snipers = :(.

Also it didn't help that I thought I was on the way to the big finish after that last mission but NOPE. I want my team back at least.

LJ11

Fallout-NL said:
I just hope the multiplayer wont look and play like total ass when compared to the single-player.

QFT. After playing R6 Vegas multi, and seeing how much clunkier multi felt when compared to the single player demo (granted it was a demo), Ubi really needs to work on getting their multiplayer to feel and look more like the single player portion.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looking forward to this. I really hope they work on the AI, though, as the original was pretty bad in that regard (and I'm talking about both enemies and your squad mates).

Prine

Banned
I want to see enemies sell their deaths. Not over-the-top Goldeneye reactions, but something that feels extremly satisfying.

Part of GoW that feels so right is the way you dispose of enemies. So brutal, so satifying.

raYne

Media > text. I want to see pics... *sobs*

It sounds good so far, the rain/water and smoke effects especially.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
dark10x said:
Looking forward to this. I really hope they work on the AI, though, as the original was pretty bad in that regard (and I'm talking about both enemies and your squad mates).

True, I kinda liked how dumb they were in multiplayer though, having swarms of them rush you in the survival modes was GRAWesome.

I loved GRAW single & multi, sequel should be hawt, hopefully they are improving more than just the graphics though.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

We bring you the world-exclusive first look at the next evolution of Ubisoft's Ghost Recon franchise that will be appearing next year on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Everything that made Advanced Warfighter excellent in its first incarnation on the 360 will be taken to the next level in this sequel, from the Cross Com to the outstanding visual effects.

Advanced Warfighter 2 will take players to both sides of the Mexican border this time around, and we have the inside scoop on what this will entail for squad-based action fans.

Exclusive Screens and Renders

http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/

Anyone here has GI Unlimited access?

Top Bottom