• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great GAF Art Challenge #25 - "Faeries"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

jsmjYAE.gif

Great GAF Art Challenge #25 - "Faeries"

THEME: Faeries

As requested, and in continuing with last month's theme, this month is all about Faeries/Fairies!​
ADDENDUM

If you would like to draw a pixie instead of a Faerie/Fairy, go for it! :p

GOAL
Let your imagination run wild, let it run amok and go nuts and create your own Faerie and/or Faerie folk!​

Optional Secondary Objective - Create a full scene with your Faerie and/or Faerie folk interacting with elements of the background!​

THE RULES

SUBMISSION DEADLINE
July 1st, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific (Can be extended if needed.)​

FAN ART?

You are free to draw a picture of Tinkerbell, post it, and call it a day. Please don't do that, let's get crazy instead and maker our own!​

Submission Guidelines:

1) Submissions can be 2D or 3D, any traditional or digital medium. No photos/photo manipulations, paint-overs/tracing or reusing old works. Original and New work only.

2) To avoid cluttering up the thread, please avoid quoting images when sensible/post in proximity. Keep pieces to a reasonable size. Link to larger ones if you must.

3) The theme can be interpreted as you see fit, but make sure you're challenging yourself!

4) Have fun! It's not about winning or making your masterpiece every week. It's time to let your inner artist shine! All skill levels welcome!

Art Links!

Interested in Art? We have ArtGAF communities that will help you out! Don't be shy to ask out, and don't be intimidated as, when partnered with proper knowledge and work ethic, you can do great art yourself!

1) Art Self Study Thread - This thread is meant to help people starting out on Art by giving them a roadmap on how to start, and providing online resources and books to study. Feel free to ask questions!

2) Drawing-A-Day Thread - You can post your daily sketches in this thread and let people see your art progress! A great thread to come by!

3) Arts and Farts Thread - The thread where you can post your longer, more focused art and finished projects.

4) Previous challenges - You can check out the previous art challenges here for inspiration!

Great GAF Art Challenge # 1 - "An Unlikely Pair"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 2 - "The Other Side"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 3 - "The Line"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 4 - "War"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 5 - "Religion"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 6 - "Fear"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 7 - "Wishing"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 8 - "Punk"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 9 - "Extraterrestrial"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 10 - "Resurrection"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 11 - "Blithe Spirits"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 12 - "Beauty and the Beast"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 13 - "Martial Arts"
Great GAF Art Challenge #14 - "Environments and Backgrounds"
Great GAF Art Challenge #15 - "Comic Book Heroes"
Great GAF Art Challenge #16- "Through Time"
Great GAF Art Challenge #17 - "Nothing is Safe"
Great GAF Art Challenge #18 - "Autumn"
Great GAF Art Challenge #19 - "Christmas"
Great GAF Art Contest!! (Challenge #20) - "Portraiture"
Great GAF Art Challenge #21 - "Feels"
Great GAF Art Challenge #22 - "Vampires"
Great GAF Art Challenge #23 - "Counter Culture"
Great Gaf Art Challenge #24 - "MerMay"

Extra Notes
TBD​

LegendX48

Deadline has been extended to Friday, July 1st, because ending on a Thursday is weird.

TIME TO CRANK OUT THOSE LAST MINUTE ENTRIES!

Cool idea! This is my first time doing a challenge, and I'll try to do more.

I'm stuck at work for another 7 hours, but I'm going to try and sketch something up later. Here's a couple quick roughs in the meantime:

Y0ftjQt.jpg

snUQGFE.jpg

Well, I spent a bit more time fleshing it a little more and adding some color. I'm burned out from work and am going to play some Tokyo Mirage Sessions before crashing. :)

Looking forward to the next challenge and spending a bit more time on it!

fod7JVC.jpg

Nice painting Pfantzy! I like the mech/robot concept and your aqua color scheme.

LegendX48, you should do a quick sketch or something!

Kaywee

Lots of great work here!

I know it's a couple days past submission but I got inspired and thought I would draw a fairy as well.

KMGIeZm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom