• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great moments of written hilarity

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Portal was full of such lines, but I can't remember any word for word. :(

Max Payne 1 had a few good ones:
- Max says "Thank You" if you shoot out certain blaring alarms, and also if you shoot out a speaker playing elevator music.
- A conversation between a pair of enemies in one of the last levels after a long elevator ride:
Thug 1: I hate being stereotyped. I'm not a cold blooded killer; I'm a nice guy. I love my wife, I have two boys and I'm very proud of them. You just have to make ends meet. And if that means I have to shoot someone now and then... hey, it's just my job from 9 to 5.
Thug 2: Well.... not exactly from 9 to 5, but I hear ya.

Edgeworth in one of the Phoenix Wright games:
"OBJECTION!! ...I was trying to think of something to say while objecting. I didn't. Sorry."

oracrest

Of course, the classic.

badenoughdude.gif

PKrockin

Akuun said:
Edgeworth in one of the Phoenix Wright games:
"OBJECTION!! ...I was trying to think of something to say while objecting. I didn't. Sorry."

Add to that:

Edgeworth: OBJECTION! Go away!

and

Edgeworth: OBJECTION! I object! That was... objectionable!

So many great quotes from the series.

cj_iwakura

Tagged mine with the games.

Samurai Shodown

kfj.jpg

(Engrish contributions are, of course, always welcome.)

I'm hoping Victor Ireland shows up to contribute, because he posted an Alundra screen once that wasn't in the final version, and it was hilarious.

PKrockin

I can't believe I didn't think of this one instantly... it's so horrible it circles around and becomes the best line ever.

Castle Shikigami 2

I like girls, but now... *puts on sunglasses* it's about justice.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Lunar: Eternal Blue (paraphrasing, not exact quotes)

Lemina: Okay guys, we're in front of Taben's Peak. These woods are where the bandit attacks have been occurring, so keep you hands on your valuables.

Jean: RONFAR, GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR PANTS!!

Ronfar: I..er, well she said! I was just following orders!

I remember in Baten Kaitos Origins there was a woman in the first town who said "I see you've got quite a magnus deck there. Show me yours and I'll show you mine." Or something along those lines. I had a snapshot of it but I cant find it.

Speevy said:
There's this part of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (I haven't played it in 6 years so forgive me if this is dead wrong) in which a ghost comes to visit you, and it's floating back to Heaven or wherever ghosts go in Nintendo games, and then it comes back (I think because it forgot to tell you something).

Anyway, I remember it cracked me up.

LXBrB.png

"Did you find my my diary?
Yes, this is my diary. Very well, your blanket is right here.
You were very wise not to read my diary, friend... Hoo hoo hoo hooooooo... If you had read it, yo might be a spirit right now. But now I can go peacefully on from this world... Thank you so much. You will probably never meet me again in this world... Fare thee well..."
*starts ascending into heaven on a beam of light, but then quickly comes back down.
"...Well, actually, maybe not... I've been here so long, I've gotten kinda used to it... The wallpaper's so great. Maybe I'll stay here just a little while longer. I can leave, whenever, so... That's all there is to it. Hoo hoo hoo hoo hooooooo...

Top Bottom