• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great PS Fark Thread: Classic NES games if done by Microsoft

Sorry for the horrible english in the thread title.

Anyways, go clicky, there's some good stuff there:
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1066684

zelda.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Fark photoshop threads hurt my brain, sometimes there's a brilliant one... but most of them can be sumed up by this turd.

MSnintendo.jpg

Azih

That's a pretty standard MS joke Ferrio. Plus the quality of the photoshop itself is decent. What's the issue?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
adelgary said:
smbcga.jpg

My favorite, really made me chuckle. I'm sure many young ones wont get it.

Yeah, this was pretty much the only one that I actually enjoyed...

The rest are pretty generic/standard jokes that just aren't funny anymore...

Of course! Though, I was lucky with my old 8088 machine...it had an MCGA card. While very few games ever used it, MCGA did support 256 colors rather than 4 and really looked incredible back then!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, CGI...

The First PC I had (286) was a CGA machine.

Only games I had on it was "The Ancient Art of War" - a turn-based strategy similar to the HOMM series, and the PC version of Elite (Ugh! - Horrid)

Why oh why oh WHY did they pick Cyan and Magenta?

A Cookie for the first person to come up with a decent answer.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
My instincts tell me to say something along the lines of CMYK, but I don't think that's close at all.

belgurdo

Banned
The first picture on the site was a BSOD joke...I immediately stopped caring (although some of the pics are awesome)

Yeah. I think the CGA one is the only genuinely clever and funny one. The others are just reused MS jokes from any number of photoshop threads.

Fark stinks. Stick with SA photoshop threads.

OMG...are they still doing the AYB shit?

The Shadow said:
Yeah. I think the CGA one is the only genuinely clever and funny one. The others are just reused MS jokes from any number of photoshop threads.

Fark stinks. Stick with SA photoshop threads.

OMG...are they still doing the AYB shit?

SA used to have great photoshoppers... They suck now.

Worth1000.com is the best photoshop site.

Shompola

Banned
"My favorite, really made me chuckle. I'm sure many young ones wont get it."

I got it and immediately thought wow that was just lame and not funny.

"I dont get how exactly the cga screen is funny considering MS had nothing to do with it"

Ohh yah not to mention that EGA was allready introduced and implemented in IBM PC compatible pc's back in 1985 when Mario came out.

MoxManiac

...those old monitors that could only display 2 colors...

Four actually, Cyan, Magneta, white and black. Good old CGA. I remember jammin on my stylish 16 color EGA monitor that was deeper than it was tall :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Shompola said:
Ohh yah not to mention that EGA was allready introduced and implemented in IBM PC compatible pc's back in 1985 when Mario came out.

yeah!!! Also don't forget that master chief didn't even EXIST yet when Metroid came out!! What a stupid photoshop!!!

Shompola

Banned
what kind of bullshit is that. If a photoshop wants to be funny it should make an association with the past(1985 in the case above) or now. Halo is now so I don't get your point.

Top Bottom