• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest main menu music of all time...

plushyp

Deus Ex series is lucky to enjoy excellent menu themes.

Circle of the Moon with Kyrie Elieson is haunting.

Mass Effect 3 starts with a somber and fitting tone.

AC3 starts off slow and then just jumps into this epic score.

AC: Revelations always makes me misty eyed.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The Last of Us and L.A. Noire have great menu musics. Also Beyond: Two Souls. I always listen them for a while before starting the game. This one is the best though:

Metal Gear Solid

Last edited:

Masagiwa

Here are some good ones I can think of on top of my head.

FF XV

Ocarina of time

Dark Souls III

Persona 5

Aces&Eights

Deus Ex is the leader of the pack when it comes not only to menu music but in game music as well. The scores are just so damn good.

I know I already submitted Metroid Prime (which is the best), but this was a weird, quirky menu theme that I always loved:

SirCrush

Headset recommended. The goosebumps are real and I'd only partially attribute that to nostalgia.

Last edited:

Fbh

Headset recommended. The goosebumps are real and I'd only partially attribute that to nostalgia.

The Killzone franchise had its issues but the OST of both 2 and 3 are amazing.

As someone who didn't hate Shadow Fall I actually think the worst part of that game was the fact they changed composers .

I really don't get how Joris de Man hasn't been hired to do more videogame soundtracks (he worked alongside others on Horizon which also had some awesome tracks)

llien

Welp, my favorite. It is simple, but I still remember raising adrenaline levels.

Last edited:

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
I scrolled all the way down slowly in anticipation for this wonderful piece of music, yet it didn't appear. It's ridiculously out of place, but it only takes a single listen to have you sitting on the menu for ages. Can't trust "How Long to Beat" for this one, times are inflated everytime someone boots the game.

Dragon's Dogma Main Menu Theme

Last edited:

e0n

I scrolled all the way down slowly in anticipation for this wonderful piece of music, yet it didn't appear. It's ridiculously out of place, but it only takes a single listen to have you sitting on the menu for ages. Can't trust "How Long to Beat" for this one, times are inflated everytime someone boots the game.

Dragon's Dogma Main Menu Theme

Do more people seriously like this one over the main song in Dark Arisen? I always thought it was ironic appeal like SF4's Indestructible.

OH-MyCar

Game is worth it on the soundtrack alone.

I've not even played Tekken 7 and yet its soundtrack is one of my favorites of this entire generation. Heat Haze Shadow & Arctic Snowfall Final Round are just awesome EDM tracks in general.

One of these days I'll get around to actually buying the game.

Castlevania circle of the Moon and Metroid Prime have already been mentioned, but those are two titles that I fondly remember being taken aback by how amazing the title screen music was.

Drakengard had two menu themes: Mission Select and Weapon Select.

The Hitman series has always had fantastic menu themes.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Venuspower

Dying Light:

The Last of Us:

Silkroad Online:

Turn your lights off, close your eyes...relax

Last edited:
Top Bottom