• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greek Yogurt is One of the Best Foods on Earth

Kabuto

It's so good.

Look at these macros :') so much protein

stawberry-cheesecake-nutritionals-1.jpg

I always buy this giant pack from Costco since I eat like two a day for breakfast with my protein shake.

Just wanted to show appreciation for this healthy dessert; I ate like 4 cups today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love it and heard it's keto friendly, is this true? Because I've been seriously considering going on a keto diet.

BigDug13

Fage tastes kinda like sour cream by itself. Which is to say that I've used it as a sour cream replacement before.

DJ_Lae

Only if it's full fat - otherwise I'd sooner eat a regular whole milk yogurt.

But greek yogurt over 10% fat is pretty glorious, and it thankfully lacks all the thickeners that give the light stuff its weird taste.

Zeknurn

I love it and heard it's keto friendly, is this true? Because I've been seriously considering going on a keto diet.

Go for it. If you buy real yoghurt with 10% fat and no added sugar you can easily work it into your daily macros on keto.

I like to add whipping cream or full fat cream cheese to mine to make it a bit more filling and even more delicious.

GHG

Gold Member
Yes it is.

Only if it's Fage full fat though. I get through a pot a day on average. Tzatziki goes with pretty much everything.

Window

Absolutely! I work my way through 1.5kgs of Greek potset (unsweetened and unflavoured) yogurt per week.

clav

Its byproduct, acid whey, is a problem for Earth though.

OP, you're contributing to global warming due to the yogurt's inefficient manufacturing process.

Also lay off the sugar. 4 cups is almost like having a soda.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not sure why but greek yogurt is the only dairy product that causes crazy stomach pain for me. I've tried it like 4 times and each time I feel terrible after.

Rad-

Zero fat ugh. I'm actually currently eating greek yogurt that has per 100gs: 6g fat, 3.8g carbs, 5.4g protein.

I'm eating this shit plain, you don't really have to even add anything to it. Sometimes I add some honey though.

Kabuto

I’ll buy a tub of that Fage Greek yogurt next time I go grocery shopping since a lot of you are recommending it.

I know Light and Fit isn’t the healthiest option, but goddamn it’s so good when I’m eating chicken, eggs, fish, and vegetables all day.

What is this O% fat monstrosity?

Don't go near that horrible shit, eat the full fat stuff if you have any respect for yourself.

I usually eat around 1.5kgs a week of Greek yogurt.

Top Bottom