• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GreenManGaming Indie Sale (Frozen Synapse, To The Moon, Tiny&Big... up to 75% off)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks to 898 for finding the list:

Indie game sale this weekend at Green Man Gaming
http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Code:
Air Buccaneers	$14.99 [B]$5.09[/B]	Steam
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord	$19.99 [B]$9.99[/B]
10 000 000	$4.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Asguaard	$28.94 [B]$11.57[/B]
Avernum: Escape From The Pit	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Avoid	$3.49 [B]$0.87[/B]	
Awesomenauts	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Bob Came in Pieces	$6.49 [B]$1.62[/B]	
Bounders and Cads	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]
Cargo Commander	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Cell HD: emergence	$5.99 [B]$1.49[/B]	
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare	$24.99 [B]$12.49[/B]	Steam
Costume Quest	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]	Steam
CreaVures	$5.00 [B]$1.25[/B]	Steam
Dark Scavenger	$4.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	
Dark Sector	$9.95 [B]$2.48[/B]	
Darkout	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]
Dawnstar	$10.00 [B]$2.50[/B]
Dead Pixels	$2.99 [B]$1.49[/B]	Steam
Dear Esther	$6.94 [B]$1.38[/B]	
Deer Hunt Legends	$19.99 [B]$9.99[/B]
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 1: The Hangman	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 2: The Wise Monkey	$9.99 [B]$6.99[/B]
Driftmoon	$14.99 [B]$11.99[/B]
Drip Drip	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Dustforce	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]
Euro Truck Simulator 2	$29.99 [B]$22.49[/B]	Steam
Frozen Synapse $24.95 [B]$6,23[/B]
Guns of Icarus Online	$19.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Hamiltons Great Adventure	$9.95 [B]$2.48[/B]	Steam
Hypersonic 4	$3.99 [B]$1.99[/B]
iBomber Attack	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]	Steam
iBomber Defence	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
iBomber Defense Pacific	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
International Snooker	$12.99 [B]$6.49[/B]
Kairo	$7.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Krater	$14.99	[B]$3.74[/B]	Steam
Laxius Force	$9.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Manhunter	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - The Final Scene	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Puddle	$8.99 [B]$4.49[/B] Steam
Psychonauts	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Primal Carnage	$14.99 [B]$5.09[/B]	Steam
Patterns	$19.95 [B]$9.95[/B]	Steam
PID	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
Ninja Blade	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Q.U.B.E.	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Ravaged	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned!	$4.99	[B]$1.69[/B]
Rise of the Ravager	$4.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
ShadO	$10.99 [B]$3.73[/B]	Steam
Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos	$5.99 [B]$2.03[/B]
Space Pirates And Zombies	$14.95 [B]$5.08[/B]
Super Meat Boy	$14.99 [B]$3.74[/B]	Steam
Storm in a Teacup	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
Strike Suit Zero	$19.99 [B]$14.99[/B]	Steam
Strike Suit Zero Collector's Edition	$29.99 [B]$22.49[/B]	Steam
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory	$6.99 [B]$2.37[/B]	Steam
Sword of the Stars: The Pit	$9.99 [B]$8.99[/B]	Steam
Swords and Soldiers	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Swords and Soldiers: Super Saucy Sausage Fest	$1.99 [B]$0.49[/B]	Steam
The Basement Collection	$3.99 [B]$0.99[/B]	Steam
The Journey Down: Chapter One (NA)	$13.99 [B]$3.49[/B]	Steam
They Bleed Pixels	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
They Bleed Pixels + Soundtrack	$12.99 [B]$6.49[/B]	Steam
Trine	$4.99 [B]$1.24[/B]
Three Dead Zed	$4.99[B] $0.99[/B]
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition	$14.99 [B]$3.74[/B]	Steam	
To The Moon	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
UFO Extraterrestrials GOLD Edition	$14.95 [B]$7.47[/B]	
Unstoppable Gorg	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
War of the Human Tanks	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
War of the Human Tanks Deluxe Edition	$11.99 [B]$2.99[/B]
Zombies.	$3.99 [B]$1.35[/B]

Personal recommendations:

Frozen Synapse - 4,56€ (Those are TWO copies!)
Tiny & Big - 2,49€
To the Moon - 1,99€
They Bleed Pixels - 4,99€
The Journey Down - 3,23€
Kairo - 2,99€
Avernum - 3,99€
Dear Esther - 1,18€
Dustforce - 3,49€
Qube - 1,99€

I'd appreciate impressions on:

Darkout - 5,99€
Dark Scavenger - 2,09€
Cargo Commander - 1,99€
Driftmoon - 11,99€
ShadO - 3,73€

Obligatory comment: if you love Indie Games, give some recent, lesser known Indie Games some love too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517647

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I gotta say I was hoping for a higher % off of the Pit. 10% barely makes a difference :p

Toma

For a game just released?

Yeah, I know. I wasnt even expecting to be in the sale. But then I saw "The Pit" game and thought "Up to 75% off"!

I was then a bit disappointed after my initial surprise. Might as well not be included in the sale.

Toma

Does FS come with two copies on GMG?

The normal price is 19€, so I'd expect it to.

What are the normal and sale $ price of FS btw? Just noticed that it wasnt included in the original list.

r3n4ud

Yeah, I know. I wasnt even expecting to be in the sale. But then I saw "The Pit" game and thought "Up to 75% off"!

I was then a bit disappointed after my initial surprise. Might as well not be included in the sale.

Like other indie games, this one will price drop quickly enough. Worth it's price though as it's a fun game.

Toma

Like other indie games, this one will price drop quickly enough. Worth it's price though as it's a fun game.

I know, I know. The amount of money I spent on Indies lately was just a tad high, and there are SO many of them, that I would have loved a few % more off, even though I am rather interested in the game :)

Toma

The code has expired, at least that's was claimed when I tried to use it.

Thanks! I was just copying the code from the GMG thread.

What kind of game is The Pit? Heard some good things about it from SteamGAF.

Roguelike in the Sword of the Stars universe:
w7bsRUO.jpg

Toma

Nope, you have to use their client. This bit me the hard way since I bought it for a friend. Probably won't use GMG again.

Weird that some games offer a Steam code and others dont.

Weird that some games offer a Steam code and others dont.

Very odd, yeah. They do somewhat spell out when it uses Steam on the game listing, but since I hadn't ordered before I didn't know. And they definitely didn't spell out that you need their DRM/client, and that you can't gift games. Not a fan, sadly.

But beyond that, great prices! If it's got Steam keys, fire away!

Chronoja

Nope, you have to use their client. This bit me the hard way since I bought it for a friend. Probably won't use GMG again.

It's not really GMG's fault you didn't pay attention to the usually very noticeable "requires a free steam client" text, or more accurately, the lack of it.

I accidentally did the same thing twice before but the error is on me not GMG. Just pay more attention before hitting the buy button.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

The OP has "Steam" listed next to the games which have a Steam key, as well as each page specifying if it is steam or not by having DRM: STEAM at the top of the pages for the games that are steam activated.

Sorry, but GMG deserves no blame in this case.

Toma

The OP has "Steam" listed next to the games which have a Steam key, as well as each page specifying if it is steam or not by having DRM: STEAM at the top of the pages for the games that are steam activated.

He probably didnt buy it in the current sale and it was a previous experience he had with GMG. No reason to jump on the guy. I didnt know either that not showing "DRM: STEAM" means that it doesnt have Steam codes. Now we know!

But yeah, no reason not to use GMG anymore, if you now know how to see which games have Steam and which dont.

It's not really GMG's fault you didn't pay attention to the usually very noticeable "requires a free steam client" text, or more accurately, the lack of it.

I accidentally did the same thing twice before but the error is on me not GMG. Just pay more attention before hitting the buy button.

He probably didnt buy it in the current sale and it was a previous experience he had with GMG. No reason to jump on the guy. I didnt know either that not showing "DRM: STEAM" means that it doesnt have Steam codes. Now we know!

But yeah, no reason not to use GMG anymore, if you now know how to see which games have Steam and which dont.

To cover it all:
I bought it off the current sale, but off the Slick deals link and not this thread. I assumed Steam keys since they usually do offer them. It's the only game listing I went to, so I was not privy to how they list out the various DRMs.

The main issue here is the not being able to gift the game/have to use their client, not the steam issue. While I was on my phone, I still didn't see any (this requires Capsule) bits. I could've missed it, but it was not prominent.

I'm not trying to poopoo GMG, but it is an issue that came up. It sours me on their service. But this is a sale thread, so I think it's unfair for me to not focus on the sales instead.

Hofmann

What happens when you buy a game and later on it shows on Steam. Do the add the key to your account? I don't care too much if it's Steam or not, but I like to keep my games under one roof, especially when I buy a new PC.

Toma

What happens when you buy a game and later on it shows on Steam. Do the add the key to your account? I don't care too much if it's Steam or not, but I like to keep my games under one roof, especially when I buy a new PC.

Some do, some dont. Depends on the game/dev really. Some developers confirm that somewhere. If you are interested in a specific game, googling for a forum or reading comments on the Greenlight page usually yields a result.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I ran into the same issue with To the Moon. I was trying to buy a copy for my wife to play, I too assumed it was a Steam key. Oh well, I'm only out $3.

Hofmann

Some do, some dont. Depends on the game/dev really. Some developers confirm that somewhere. If you are interested in a specific game, googling for a forum or reading comments on the Greenlight page usually yields a result.

I want to buy Kairo, but like I said I don't care about it too much. It's bigger problem when you buy a geme directly from the developer - with so many games you may forget that you bought them.

Our first release, War of the Human Tanks is a part of this Green Man Gaming Indie Weekend, currently at 75% discount. (already listed in the OP)

I'd like to use of this opportunity to talk to you about the game a little. So you can have better information when deciding if you want to take advantage of the weekend's discount.

War of the Human Tanks is a cross between Japanese style adventure games and hex based strategy games.

It is split into chapters that are formed like the episodes of a TV series, including opening and endings. Each chapter has a battle that you play in a gameplay that can be best described as a mix of battleship and chess (this analogy belongs to a reviewer, I liked it so much that I use it everywhere to describe the game). This battle is proceeded and followed by Japanese adventure style story sequences.

It is made of thirteen chapters and based on your performance you can get four different endings. You can also use your previous save while starting a new game to use the units you customized. Which reminds me that I forgot to mention that it allows you to upgrade and customize your "human tanks" in various ways between battles. there are lots of tank and upgrade models to unlock and use.

You can view trailers, screenshots and even play a free demo from our homepage at http://fruitbatfactory.com/humantanks/

Frozen Synapse is a Capsule edition, not a Steam edition :-/
Publisher: Mode 7
Developer: Mode 7
Metascore: 85/100
Genres: Strategy , Strategy
Released: May 26, 2011
Modes: Co-op, Multiplayer, Single player
Languages: English
Minimum Requirements

Processor: 1.6 GHz
Memory: 512 MB
Graphics: Netbook integrated graphics
DirectX®:
Hard Drive: 220 MB
Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.
I'll wait for a steam sale then :-/

Salsa

i'd buy 10000000 but it seems like the sort of game i'd enjoy way more on a portable platform, so im waiting for Android

edit: mh pid is tempting

Forkball

If you don't own Chivalry yet you are a bad person. The multiplayer is still very active and Torn Banner is really dedicated to creating new content.

I'll recommend cargo commander...even though I didn't actually like it.

Everything isn't quite as good as you want it to be. The action isn't quite there, the atmosphere isn't quite there, the collecting/rogue like elements? They miss the mark too.

It is unlikely that you will get into it and enjoy...but I can also really see how some people might. For the price? It is worth the punt.

Toma

I'll recommend cargo commander...even though I didn't actually like it.

Everything isn't quite as good as you want it to be. The action isn't quite there, the atmosphere isn't quite there, the collecting/rogue like elements? They miss the mark too.

It is unlikely that you will get into it and enjoy...but I can also really see how some people might. For the price? It is worth the punt.

Those are the reasons I didnt bite yet. I usually want my games to excel in at least one area.

Top Bottom