• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GreenManGaming - Mortal Kombat Komplete (PC/Steam key) for $8!?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not completely. Still don't expect a game to drop this rapidly though. I'll stop thinking that way if I'm aware of more incidents like this.

It's worth keeping in mind that MK Komplete may be a new release on the PC but is itself a port of a game that released on consoles in April 2011.

Somax

Do you think it's worth a double dip, since I have already played the ps3 version, but I never bought any dlc for it?

dab0ne

Nabbed!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Edit:

Do you think it's worth a double dip, since I have already played the ps3 version, but I never bought any dlc for it?
For me it is because now I can play it on my Laptop. $8 is a good price. (I have it on my PS3 as well).

Haunted

Jco1bZ3.gif

GMG :bow

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm tempted since I loved the first and second games as a kid, but I'm just not really into fighters anymore.

Is it worth $8 for story mode? Be honest with me!

vg260

I still don't understand how netcode can get worse on the PC when it's essentially a port. Is there something more optimized on consoles? I'd expect it to be the same or better.

Also, this game needs a windowed mode.

Ledsen

I really want to play this but there's no way I would in front of my gf. The single player sounds quite fun.

Atruvius

I still don't understand how netcode can get worse on the PC when it's essentially a port. Is there something more optimized on consoles? I'd expect it to be the same or better.

That's the trademark quality of High Voltage Software!

Was about to post this. Great deal at GMG. Even if you're not going to be playing online or locally against other people, this is still a fantastic game to go through and see the story mode. Its WELL worth that price.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

The netcode was never good to begin with and now there's less players. I reckon it's the same netcode in both versions.

And yeah, windowed mode needs to be added.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Having an absolute blast. Best MK since 2.

Um, why are the cut scenes such bad quality? The game itself is quite nice, crystal clear, sharp and no jaggies.

T-Matt

I'm tempted since I loved the first and second games as a kid, but I'm just not really into fighters anymore.

I bought it when it was on sale on psn for 5$ and the story mode is actually pretty good and fun, for a fighting game it has a well done story mode. I was surprised.

Aru

Yes it is. It has one of the best story mode in a fighting game since a while. I think that, outside of anime adaptations, its story mode is the one I've enjoyed the most since Soul Calibur 3 or something...
It's challenging and fun. And lasts about 8 hours IIRC.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Having an absolute blast. Best MK since 2.

Um, why are the cut scenes such bad quality? The game itself is quite nice, crystal clear, sharp and no jaggies.
They used pre-recorded videos to hide loading screens. The video quality was shit on all platforms, unfortunately, and seems even worse on the PC.

Top Bottom