• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Rice is the new Global Head of indie games for Playstation.

Ogbert

The problem Sony and MS (and everyone really) have is that the Switch is just flat out the best platform for Indies. The portability works. The sales numbers are so much bigger on that platform.

They can still tie up the 'luxury' Indie titles, but those are just really AA releases.

GymWolf

The problem Sony and MS (and everyone really) have is that the Switch is just flat out the best platform for Indies. The portability works. The sales numbers are so much bigger on that platform.

They can still tie up the 'luxury' Indie titles, but those are just really AA releases.
not everyone like little screen and joycons...

i like to play my indie games on pc at 4k60 frame in my oled tv like every other game.

ANIMAL1975

Wait, I thought that was Shu’s new position. Guess I’m wrong.

From the article
but with Yoshida now overseeing a new indie initiative, along with portfolio assistance from Svensson and Rice, Sony now has a powerhouse team in place to make sure it’s signing the best games from both established and up-and-coming indies.

Edit: lets wait and see, but at least the work that is being done behind the scenes, is promising.

Last edited:

Ogbert

i like to play my indie games on pc at 4k60 frame in my oled tv like every other game.

Fair enough.

I have that setup too, but actively find myself not buying indies on Steam and waiting for them on Switch. Sales figures seem to support that too.

FranXico

If only Sony had a capable handheld...
I wonder if that ever happened. I wonder if they would even be stupid enough to kill it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Fair enough.

I have that setup too, but actively find myself not buying indies on Steam and waiting for them on Switch. Sales figures seem to support that too.
I only buy esclusive game on switch, everything else is pc or other consolles.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What does being the head of indies mean? I got nothing against indies but they're just games that nobody considers AAA, maybe a few are capable of becoming big.

nowhat

What does being the head of indies mean? I got nothing against indies but they're just games that nobody considers AAA, maybe a few are capable of becoming big.
I'd assume working on relations with indie devs ("hey guys, come to our platform, there's free beer and jerky!") and also offering development support (there are quite a few "support studios" in Sony's roster who do only that).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
giphy.gif

Extra funny because this dude kinda looks like Chris Pratt Star Lord

cJhfJ59.png

The switch controls like shit. That dpad button is absolute garbage and the lites dpad is mushy as hell. I rather play indies on the vita. At least i can control those.

I suspect that this is because the platform has so little of anything else... And it works well, the switch has a better library for it, small studios get more visibility for their projects and it's users benefit from the better library for it.

Sometimes I learn about some ps4 indies through their switch promotion.

Top Bottom