• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Greta Thunberg Is The Overwhelming Favorite To Win The Nobel Peace Prize (maybe next year, sport)

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
I actually don't have an issue with this. She's a spokespiece but doing a decent job at spreading a good message (yes, she's being used and her audience is the layperson but w/e).

This nobel prize might also be her only ticket to not having a massive personal crisis in three years time.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: matt404au

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
Nobel Peace prize is a joke.

infamous winners:

Henry Kissinger
FW De Clark
Obama
Ang Sang woman from Burma

there are more but these are from the top of my head. there are also winners that did nothing.

Jonirenicus

Jun 23, 2019
I actually don't have an issue with this. She's a spokespiece but doing a decent job at spreading a good message (yes, she's being used and her audience is the layperson but w/e).

This nobel prize might also be her only ticket to not having a massive personal crisis in three years time.
Shrieking HOW DARE YOU at adults is a good message?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This thread is proof enough, of the mental regression with humankind.

Last edited:

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Shrieking HOW DARE YOU at adults is a good message?
I won't lie, I don't know a thing about her aside from the fact her book is on the front table of every Waterstones (Barnes and Noble equivalent if you're not a Brit).

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I won't lie, I don't know a thing about her aside from the fact her book is on the front table of every Waterstones (Barnes and Noble equivalent if you're not a Brit).
These people are chosen, then elevated, and well compensated for their grift. Book deals, prizes, etc., etc..

We see this pattern constantly.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Formerly 'ColdToffee'
Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
All I need is a long brown hair wig and to shout at white men that they stole my dreams and are killing the planet to win a Nobel prize?
I'm not autistic, but I'm gay, does that gives me the same amount of likeability points? (curse my white skin, I might have to say my pronouns are "they" to top autism).

• Thoughtful

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Woke racism is the best racism, ain't it folks? So prideful, and that lack of self awareness just adds a bit of extra punch.
Straight up. Completely unaware of themselves.

Makes me chuckle though.

Last edited:

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
These people are chosen, then elevated, and well compensated for their grift. Book deals, prizes, etc., etc..

We see this pattern constantly.
Mmm yeah won't deny that. Publishing industry seems a bit weird presently. The amount of hype Sally Rooney got for her latest book was crazy (did anybody actually care?).

Sakura

Feb 13, 2012
Fukuoka, Japan
You should have added this link as well to your reply

But somehow I highly doubt the person you replied to is able to read or think for himself. Seeing as the "whole" scientific community is with her.
Look I don't think the girl deserves the prize, and I also think climate change is overblown.
But I don't think that declaration is a good argument.
Look at the people who actually are listed as people who signed that declaration. Many of them aren't scientists involved with the study of climate change. Many of them aren't even scientists. (Retired Senior Airline Captain, entrepreneur, author, etc). We aren't given a compelling argument as to why there is no climate change emergency, and why we should believe the undersigned on the declaration. There is no actual data or studies, or anything really presented to us.
For example: "Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools. Moreover, they most likely exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2."
What are these shortcomings and why aren't they plausible as policy tools? How are they exaggerating the effect of greenhouse gases? It doesn't talk about any of this.
The declaration is basically "Hey guys, climate change probably isn't a big deal, don't worry about it. Here are 500 randos that agree, so you know it's legit."

Dec 15, 2011
Look I don't think the girl deserves the prize, and I also think climate change is overblown.
Look at the people who actually are listed as people who signed that declaration. Many of them aren't scientists involved with the study of climate change. Many of them aren't even scientists. (Retired Senior Airline Captain, entrepreneur, author, etc). We aren't given a compelling argument as to why there is no climate change emergency, and why we should believe the undersigned on the declaration. There is no actual data or studies, or anything really presented to us.
For example: "Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools. Moreover, they most likely exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2."
What are these shortcomings and why aren't they plausible as policy tools? How are they exaggerating the effect of greenhouse gases? It doesn't talk about any of this.
The declaration is basically "Hey guys, climate change probably isn't a big deal, don't worry about it. Here are 500 randos that agree, so you know it's legit."
A Greta Thunberg thread is not the best place to make this sort of argument.

I've alluded to this in nearly every post I've made here. But I guess people can't help themselves.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
A Greta Thunberg thread is not the best place to make this sort of argument.

I've alluded to this in nearly every post I've made here. But I guess people can't help themselves.
He's trying to nicely let you know that you are embarrassing yourself ):

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you may just be a sucker

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You seem to be cherrypicking. Scrolling through the list of signatories, I see mostly professors, geologists, chemists, etc. Even the ones from indirectly related fields like materials science matter if brainlets want to make claims like “the entire scientific community” agrees. They’ve just downloaded this script from their preferred media sources and the Clintel letter clearly demonstrates otherwise.

Dec 15, 2011
He's trying to nicely let you know that you are embarrassing yourself ):
And I'm trying to nicely show how incredibly stupid it is to use the appeal to authority fallacy in any reference to Greta Thunberg. Let alone the dishonest and exaggerated one you used.

It seems you don't quite understand the Catch-22 your slimey effort to control speech put you in, but here we are.

Oh, you still have unanswered challenges based around your lies and exaggerations.
I know duck-and-jab is what disingenuous people like you think is a smart play, but when you've been proven to be dishonest and duplicitous, your pretence at superiority is woefully beyond your limited grasp.

Are you going to answer my direct questions or are you going to cowardly slink away, only to reappear for another self-fellating drive-by?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
:(

You're probably right.
Yeah don't be a sucker for someone that rejects the tenants of the Green New Deal and instead tells politicians to "Listen to the science".

“No matter how political the background to this crisis may be, we must not allow this to continue to be a partisan political question. The climate and ecological crisis is beyond party politics. And our main enemy right now is not our political opponents. Our main enemy now is physics. And we can not make ‘deals’ with physics.”

some people could probably learn a thing or two from a mentally retarded child actor.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Mar 18, 2018
Doritos really do make all the difference.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Nobel Prize award to Greta Thunberg for securing the second goal post displaying the widest gap in IQ for winners. It proves anyone from Einstein physicist at 160 IQ to Greta Thunberg who visited Montreal and couldn't even answer why she is there, can both win.

Mar 18, 2018
Yeah don't be a sucker for someone that rejects the tenants of the Green New Deal and instead tells politicians to "Listen to the science".

“No matter how political the background to this crisis may be, we must not allow this to continue to be a partisan political question. The climate and ecological crisis is beyond party politics. And our main enemy right now is not our political opponents. Our main enemy now is physics. And we can not make ‘deals’ with physics.”

some people could probably learn a thing or two from a mentally retarded child actor.
Bobby, what you mean to say is that propane is the cleanest fuel as long as you can vent the moisture.

But since you’ve been harassing your weasel to Luanne’s summer vacation pic from last year you done gone dry as rattlesnake in East Texas.

Propane may just not be for you and I resent you being my son.

/Hank Hill Voice

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
Makes sense, but this will trigger a lot of
the folks on here (somehow) . She is backed by the entire scientific community, please recognize that before you attack her.
She is literally paid by Soros and the globalist elites to memorize speeches and act outraged and emotional. Fuck her and the assholes that back her with bullshit theories. Ask her pointed questions outside her talking points and she crumbles because she is a fucking child.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
She is literally paid by Soros and the globalist elites to memorize speeches and act outraged and emotional. Fuck her and the assholes that back her with bullshit theories. Ask her pointed questions outside her talking points and she crumbles because she is a fucking child.
Exactly. Anything for personal gain from the climate people.

Let's face it, Greta is a puppet and because she has Asperger's doesn't even have the awareness to know what's going on.

It's like everyone coddling Gary Coleman like he's the best kid actor in the world getting tons of fame and money (he made $100,000 per episode 40 years ago!), but everyone from his agent to his parents and lawyers didn't give a shit about him and ripped him off. And when cute Arnold Jackson wasn't so cute anymore and Diffrent Strokes ceased, nobody gave a shit about him by the time he was 15 years old.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Exactly!!

• Thoughtful

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I was just watching that China 70th anniversary video and one thing that just struck me, where is Greta to condemn this?

There's no way running all those tanks are good for the environment.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful