• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Greta Thunberg Is The Overwhelming Favorite To Win The Nobel Peace Prize (maybe next year, sport)

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Yeah that video of her not being able to answer a question on climate change, without a script, should put a stop to this
Where's the link? Youtube as usual is not showing it in the search results.

Last edited:

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Hello girl,

Your parents are using you by manipulating your weak mind due to your mental illness while having you read off scripts you didn't write yourself mostly about hyperbole and fake news.

Here's your Nobel Peace prize because..............

Well, we'll just say you had caused massive change on the planet by making billions of people abandon their cars, and since you're mentally it'll take you 45 years before you realize that was a lie and we just gave it to you to pretend to score points.

That's assuming the chemicals in your food and medicine don't permanently stunt your brain development, which we hope will happen. That way, we can keep using you for years to come.

In the old country both your parents would have been tarred and burned while having their arms cut off with chain saws for doing this level of child abuse, but since it's 2019 it's liberal to abuse your kids and screw over their minds at an early age for personal gain.

#It'sHerTurn

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Inspired a movement? Her cause is to reduce carbon emissions. There is nothing controversial about this and says a lot about the folks attacking her.
I convinced EviLore EviLore to flush the toilet only once a day to conserve water to stop water from getting to trees so they die reducing the need for CO2 to be in the air.

Where's my Noble prize? I already did more than Greta. Why does she get a prize possibility for doing absolutely nothing other than the same thing a bunch of other ill kids were already used to do? What's the difference?

There isn't one, and of course you will dodge this question because you know there's no logical answer and will deflect to another topic, but this doesn't actually help the movement that you guys support if you guys are just handing out participation trophies.

Last edited:
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I convinced EviLore EviLore to flush the toilet only once a day to conserve water to stop water from getting to trees so they die reducing the need for CO2 to be in the air

Where's my Noble prize? I already did more than Greta. Why doe she get a prize possibility for doing absolutely nothing but th same thing a bunch of other ill kids were already used to do? What's the difference?

There isn't one, and of course you will dodge this question because you know there's no logical answer and will deflect to another topic, but this doesn't actually help the movement that you guys support if you guys are just handing out participation trophies.
It's almost as if the goal is to get their minions to screech at their political opponents for virtue points, even if nothing is actually accomplished.

Gee, I wonder where that behavior is commonly observed? :pie_thinking:

Dec 15, 2011
Where's the link? Youtube as usual is not showing it in the search results.
This is extremely telling and shows just how much control YouTube and Google are exerting.

Here is what I see when I enter "greta thunberg without a script" as the search term in YouTube:

1) YouTube doesn't return what I am searching for.

2) YouTube's results show no discernible ordering pattern.
- Video length? No
- View count? No
- Age? No.
- Alphabetical? No.

3) Most tellingly, every result offered on the initially displayed set of results is from a large media outlet.
Nothing from independent content creators. (This is in line with the YouTube's change of search result policies mentioned vaguely by YouTube around the time of the Carlos Maza screeching a couple of months ago).

Given that the search page is 'infinite scroll', I have to scroll down well over 5 screens worth of results before any independent creators are offered, and further still to find the item I've actually searched for rather than what YouTube and Google want to show me:

Now this is one topic with no 'he-said/she-said' complexities

Can you imagine the control YouTube and Google will exert and how difficult it will be to find objective information for topics that are in dispute? To actually get to the information to let you see the full picture, rather than portion Big Tech want to show you?

Now consider that it's election year next year.

(I should add that searching for the same thing at Google.com returned the desired result in the top 3 slots of the first page of results - both in 'Web' search and in 'Video' search.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
This is extremely telling and shows just how much control YouTube and Google are exerting.

Here is what I see when I enter "greta thunberg without a script" as the search term in YouTube:

- Video length? No
- View count? No
- Age? No.
- Alphabetical? No.

3) Most tellingly, every result offered on the initially displayed set of results is from a large media outlet.
Nothing from independent content creators. (This is in line with the YouTube's change of search result policies mentioned vaguely by YouTube around the time of the Carlos Maza screeching a couple of months ago).

Given that the search page is 'infinite scroll', I have to scroll down well over 5 screens worth of results before any independent creators are offered, and further still to find the item I've actually searched for rather than what YouTube and Google want to show me:

Can you imagine the control YouTube and Google will exert and how difficult it will be to find objective information for topics that are in dispute? To actually get to the information to let you see the full picture, rather than portion Big Tech want to show you?

(I should add that searching for the same thing at Google.com returned the desired result in the top 3 slots of the first page of results - both in 'Web' search and in 'Video' search.
It's actually not the first time I've encountered this. I was also looking for the video of Rachel Maddow crying over the non result of the Mueller Report. Youtube even then hid the video from the search results.

Again, thanks to MilkyJoe MilkyJoe for the link.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014

- Video length? No
- View count? No
- Age? No.
- Alphabetical? No.

That is super fucked up, I find it frustrating enough that google searches start with shopping and sponsered links first, then ignore dates you put in, but yeah, this shit is going to be used for the worse

Jan 9, 2018
The Obama one really was a complete loss of legitimacy. I was even a supporter at that time, but he was simply no saint on foreign policy or peace in any way , and it's rather ridiculous to pretend so.

Reactions: Naibel

Bryank75

Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
She shouldn't be there because she has no answers, she is a bad actress and a worse scientist.... I doubt she even knows simple equations...

I however have an answer to global warming and many other problems and luckily it comes in the form of song...

Reactions: Naibel

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
She's a joke. But I'm not surprised seeing her as a nominee for Nobel Prize I guess .

COMING UP
Don't miss the 2019 Nobel Prize announcements, starting Monday 7 October, 11:30 at the earliest.

Watch the live stream of the announcements here.

Let's wait for this monday then but I'm having a hunch that someone else will be mopping the floor with that Greta's ass and will win the Nobel Prize instead of her.
I'll give you some hints: 9 fingers, bearded, pisshead , convicted and currently in prison here in Brazil but some poeple still worship him as a god.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
^“Speaking as a climate change scientist who has been working on this issue for 20 years and saying the same thing for 20 years, she is getting people to listen, which we have failed to do,”
-Director of the International Centre for Climate Change & Development in Bangladesh.

Reactions: Yoshi
Oct 26, 2018
^“Speaking as a climate change scientist who has been working on this issue for 20 years and saying the same thing for 20 years, she is getting people to listen, which we have failed to do,”
-Director of the International Centre for Climate Change & Development in Bangladesh.
If a know-nothing 16-year old Asperger's syndrome screamer gets more publicity than 100s or 1,000s of climate experts, those so-called experts should be ashamed and fired.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Your parents are using you by manipulating your weak mind due to your mental illness while having you read off scripts you didn't write yourself mostly about hyperbole and fake news.
The more I see her rants, I don't even think she has scripts.

They just tell her to get on stage and do what she wants, which comes down to yelling like a moron or telling the world to do better.

Clap, clap, clap. Ya, that's sure educational. a kid in grade 8 science class doing a volcano experiment showing what happens when you combine ketchup, vinegar and baking soda is more educational. At least the kid can say, a chemical reaction has happened and the ketchup was just for colour.

Check out that video of her answering questions in Montreal. Someone even asked her a basic question like why is she in Montreal. She couldn't even answer that coherently.

All she had to say was Montreal is a city we chose to promote climate issues. Part of a global tour.

Instead, she's fumbling around for an answer. I don't even think she knew she was in Montreal unless someone told her what city she's standing in.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
What a crock. Her activist parents bought this for her if she does win.

Petrae

Nov 19, 2006
West Springfield, MA
www.youtube.com
How fitting to have an angry shrew win an award in 2019.

Her approach is what makes her easy to dislike. Eternally pissed off, always with that fucking scowl on her face, like she’s REALLY seen some shit. The “angry young woman” trope does nothing for me except to make it easy to dismiss whatever said woman is railing about.

If you’re so fucking worried that the world is about to end, maybe you should reflect on how you spend what allegedly little time you have left. I’d live my life to the fullest and try to enjoy it instead of perpetually bitching to a group of people who will never come together and solve the problem that you’re incessantly bitching about. Sure, acting like a 70 year-old shrew is getting attention in the moment, but at the end of the day it will all be for naught.

Except for an award that’s become increasingly less meaningful as the years have worn on.

Jun 25, 2018

I am much more admired by Extinction Rebellion doing non violent mass civilian disobedience.. so i think Roger Hallam should get that prize.

But Greta or her parents caused the inspiration and motivation to get people out and act on the crisis.. so for that it makes sense, even if she is just a puppet played by her parents. I honestly can't tell what is the truth and the lie in Greta Thunberg origin. I think its dangerous to be to quick to jump on something just because it feels good and is very conveniently supporting the narrative of people with disingenuous ambitions.

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
How many 'average joe's' go looking for science papers do you think ? It's all about reaching those poor brainwashed joe's and trying to wake them up.

Just look at 12goblins poor feller don't even know he's being lied to.
There's also the problem that many "average joe's" can't actually access many relevant papers because they are behind some paywall. Not even universities have access to every journal/magazine/conference. Luckily, most of the time, if you write the authors of those papers directly and ask if they could send you a PDF, they'll gladly do so.

eot

Apr 13, 2012

- Video length? No
- View count? No
- Age? No.
- Alphabetical? No.

This is a problem but it's not at all contained to this specific issue.
YouTube's search has been dogshit for years, and never actually respects your search terms. They show you stuff that they think you want to watch, or stuff they want you to watch, not what they think you searched for. I run into this problem all the time when searching for sort of obscure videos I know very well, and I get totally irrelevant returns.

While on the topic, how come they don't even let you set a date filter for videos? It's like the most basic feature.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016

She looks like she wants to grab that officers gun and kill Trump right there. Not very peaceful, imo. I kid, but seriously, Obama got the nobel peace prize while simultaneously launching hellfire missiles into civilians in the middle east so this prize doesn't mean shit to me honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpartanN92

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
People get passed all the time, only one person can win per category. It's highly likely a climate scientist, or a team of climate scientists, will get Nobel consideration in science. Greta doesn't take away from that, regardless whether she wins a Peace Prize or not.
What laughable shit excuse is this? "well there lots of good scientists getting passed all the time so lets vote for a child who knows literally NOTHING and is just reading the script her handlers gave her" Are you even a serious person?!

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Formerly 'ColdToffee'
Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
Don't worry Greta, you'll get it eventually! Just keep shouting at white men and it's guaranteed to come to you sooner or later!

Reactions: MetalAlien