• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg Shares Coronavirus Warning As She Recovers From Suspected Covid-19 Symptoms

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
thumbnail

Greta Thunberg has shared a coronavirus warning on Instagram as she recovers from suspected Covid-19 symptoms, having self-isolated for two weeks. She said she 'almost didn't feel ill' and pleaded with people to stay at home, since many 'might not notice any symptoms at all'.

Greta, who is currently back home in her native Sweden, explained that testing for coronavirus is only available for people who require emergency medical treatment in the country - so it's impossible for her to be sure if she had the disease.

Greta and her father started experiencing symptoms after they returned home from Greta's tour around central Europe. The tour stopped in Germany, which has been badly hit by the virus and currently has over 30,000 cases.

Greta explained she self-isolated for two weeks when she arrived back home, fearing she had been exposed to the disease on her travels.

She wrote on Instagram: "The last two weeks I've stayed inside. When I returned from my trip around Central Europe I isolated myself, in a borrowed apartment away from my mother and sister, since the number of cases of Covid-19 (in Germany for instance) were similar to Italy in the beginning.

"Around 10 days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father - who travelled with me from Brussels. I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.

thumbnail

"In Sweden you cannot test yourself for Covid-19 unless you're in need of emergent medical treatment. Everyone feeling ill are told to stay at home and isolate themselves.

"I have therefore not been tested for Covid-19, but it's extremely likely that I've had it, given the combined symptoms and circumstances.

"Now I've basically recovered, but - AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn't feel ill.

"My last cold was much worse than this! Had it not been for someone else having the virus simultaneously I might not even have suspected anything. Then I would just have thought I was feeling unusually tired with a bit of a cough.

thumbnail

"And this is what makes it so much more dangerous. Many (especially young people) might not notice any symptoms at all, or very mild symptoms. Then they don't know they have the virus and can pass it on to people in risk groups.

"We who don't belong to a risk group have an enormous responsibility, our actions can be the difference between life and death for many others.

"Please keep that in mind, follow the advice from experts and your local authorities and #StayAtHome to slow the spread of the virus. And remember to always take care of each other and help those in need."

Shai-Tan

Banned
I’ve just gotten sick and while I doubt it’s CV there’s no way to know considering most have mild symptoms. Everything is shut down here anyway so whatever.

Shai-Tan

Banned
considering projections are that between 40-70% of people will get it eventually it wouldn’t be that rare. the idea was just to flatten the curve so severe cases don’t overwhelm medical infrastructure

That was exactly how I felt last week. I would so much want to know if that was Covid-19.
If yes, wow, i have had mild colds that were a lot more taxing than this shit.

So hard to believe people die from this..

Saruhashi

Banned
Anyone in the public sphere speculating on whether or not they have had this without actually ever being tested is a complete and utter arsehole.

Get tested or shut the fuck up.

"Oh I probably did have it because I had the symptoms, you know."

Tired, shivers, sore throat and cough.

Yeah there is NOTHING else out there that has those symptoms you attention seeking cunt.

At best this is an announcement to say "maybe I didn't have it, maybe I did, but I get more internet clout from claiming I had it so here we are."

Family of attention seeking scumbags.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You know colds and virus' will come, the medical industry is making a killing off this shit.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Anyone in the public sphere speculating on whether or not they have had this without actually ever being tested is a complete and utter arsehole.

Get tested or shut the fuck up.

"Oh I probably did have it because I had the symptoms, you know."

Tired, shivers, sore throat and cough.

Yeah there is NOTHING else out there that has those symptoms you attention seeking cunt.

At best this is an announcement to say "maybe I didn't have it, maybe I did, but I get more internet clout from claiming I had it so here we are."

Family of attention seeking scumbags.
Yeah I have most of the symptoms every day due to allergies. Even if I get a fever it will just as likely be flu than Covid-19. Given that about 90% of tests are negative even when you are symptomatic enough to get a test, the likelihood of some random person with a few symptoms actually having it are tiny.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't it be more likely she just had a cold or something? There are probably more cases of the cold going around in Germany at the moment than coronavirus. I swear, everybody who gets a sore throat or bit of a cough thinks they got it.
People with allergies have the same symptoms everyday as well.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
That was exactly how I felt last week. I would so much want to know if that was Covid-19.
If yes, wow, i have had mild colds that were a lot more taxing than this shit.

So hard to believe people die from this..

If you have pre-existing conditions such as asthma, the fight is tougher. You cannot deny what's happening in Italy for example.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The problem is that we are all in the same boat. Too many people to test and with such a variety of vague symptoms its going to be indistinguishable from common colds and flu bugs.

Its horrible especially if you are in close contact with vulnerable people because it induces a sense of complete paranoia if you even slightly unwell.

Forsete

Now I’ve basically recovered, but - AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn’t feel ill. My last cold was much worse than this! Had it not been for someone else having the virus simultainously I might not even have suspected anything. Then I would just have thought I was feeling unusually tired with a bit of a cough.
And this it what makes it so much more dangerous. Many (especially young people) might not notice any symptoms at all, or very mild symptoms. Then they don’t know they have the virus and can pass it on to people in risk groups.
We who don’t belong to a risk group have an enormous responsibility, our actions can be the difference between life and death for many others.

Good on her for spreading this information on to her many young followers.

Everybody needs to take this shit seriously.

I never seen a kid get so much hate from grown adults. Yes most of her shit is silly but remember she’s just a kid. You people shitting on a child says more about you.

The spotlight doesn't come with a free pass for anyone. That's why you should keep your kids out of the spotlight instead of whoring them out for political feelgoodies.

Batiman

Banned
The spotlight doesn't come with a free pass for anyone. That's why you should keep your kids out of the spotlight instead of whoring them out for political feelgoodies.
You're projecting.

No hate that I see in here, just jokes and memes.
She’s a kid...... Making fun of a kid is pathetic IMO. Shit on the parents and I’ll agree with you, but making jokes about a kid is not something I’d ever do. It’s pathetic hands down.

Tesseract

Banned
She’s a kid...... Making fun of a kid is pathetic IMO. Shit on the parents and I’ll agree with you, but making jokes about a kid is not something I’d ever do. It’s pathetic hands down.

she chooses to be a slave, is getting worked by a cabal of psychos (including her parents)

'she's a kid and has autism' only takes you so far in my world, she's 17 and should know better

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
she chooses to be a slave, is getting worked by a cabal of psychos (including her parents)

'she's a kid and has autism' only takes you so far in my world, she's 17 and should know better
Meh, the gaf meme factory that goes into full swing every time she says hi is and will always be pathetic.

You should know better too, but whatever.

Cato

Banned
Well, I think she was concerned she had dropped out of the spotlight for a while.
Nice that that is sorted now and the cameras are pointed at her again.

Top Bottom