• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg Shares Coronavirus Warning As She Recovers From Suspected Covid-19 Symptoms

She’s a kid...... Making fun of a kid is pathetic IMO. Shit on the parents and I’ll agree with you, but making jokes about a kid is not something I’d ever do. It’s pathetic hands down.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying mocking a kid is A-Ok. I am stating that it will happen. You have to respect the nature of the spotlight, because the spotlight doesn't care that you're a kid. That fault falls on her parents. You simply cannot thrust anyone into the spotlight and be surprised when mockery happens. And the more surprised you act, the more the mockery will happen.

Batiman

Banned
Just to be clear, I'm not saying mocking a kid is A-Ok. I am stating that it will happen. You have to respect the nature of the spotlight, because the spotlight doesn't care that you're a kid. That fault falls on her parents. You simply cannot thrust anyone into the spotlight and be surprised when mockery happens. And the more surprised you act, the more the mockery will happen.
Of course it’s gonna happen. I agree with what your saying as well. Doesn’t mean I won’t call out losers that mock children. It’s a good way of telling who’s a depressed sad individual.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
not sure what you are alluding to here, toughen up your nuts

Why do people say this? Like the nuts aren't already the most fragile part of the male physique as it is? The average cunt sure takes a beating over its lifetime without damaging its owner, but try applying that kind of pressure to a nutsack and the best you can hope for is bucketloads of vomit.

Say sometihikg sensible next time, like grow a spine.

Tesseract

Banned
Why do people say this? Like the nuts aren't already the most fragile part of the male physique as it is? The average cunt sure takes a beating over its lifetime without damaging its owner, but try applying that kind of pressure to a nutsack and the best you can hope for is bucketloads of vomit.

Say sometihikg sensible next time, like grow a spine.

learn to read because this sounds like a personal problem

'why people say fairly well established idiom things?'

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Of course it’s gonna happen. I agree with what your saying as well. Doesn’t mean I won’t call out losers that mock children. It’s a good way of telling who’s a depressed sad individual.

you are projecting so hard here, it's painful to read

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
conc and bati, do you guys need a father figure in your life?

please respond to my query.

So what you're saying is that mockery is okay as long as you're the one doing it, right?

You sad little man.

Tesseract

Banned
She’d probably kick your ass. A grown man making fun of a child is most likely a pussy.

That’s all I got lol

bruh i could snap your spine with one hand, or bear hug the life outta you

Ehh.. That was basically the "oh yeah?" move in a Monkey Island sword fight, so yeah. Let's do it again sometime.

you are the retard who started down this path, i'm just entertaining stupid

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
bruh i could snap your spine with one hand, or bear hug the life outta you

you are the retard who started down this path, i'm just entertaining the stupid

Ouch, someone's starting to take things personally.

Tesseract

Banned
Ouch, someone's starting to take things personally.

nope, only time things get personal is when (if) you attack my family

rest is fair game, i'm a big boy

either way last word if you want it, i'm out this turd nugget thread

*edit*

i'm making fun of you in this thread right now, not her

please keep establishing yourself as the hero in her journey, rescuing her every time her equality becomes a burden

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
I agree with Batiman. It's really beyond pathetic to read all the attacks on a kid in this thread.
tenor.gif

Nah man, you’re soft. I don’t know any man that would insult a child honestly. Only angry virgin nerds on the internet I’d imagine.

Last edited:

Banned
A 17 year old teenage girl with 10 million followers....shit of course she likes the attention.

my only question after reading that IG post...it appears to me flimsy

Cutty Flam

Banned
There’s nothing worse than a pretentious child. She put a halt on her mother’s career and profession as an Opera singer because she doesn’t like flying. What about your mother's love for music you little shit?

She's no leader

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
thumbnail

Greta Thunberg has shared a coronavirus warning on Instagram as she recovers from suspected Covid-19 symptoms, having self-isolated for two weeks. She said she 'almost didn't feel ill' and pleaded with people to stay at home, since many 'might not notice any symptoms at all'.

Greta, who is currently back home in her native Sweden, explained that testing for coronavirus is only available for people who require emergency medical treatment in the country - so it's impossible for her to be sure if she had the disease.

Greta and her father started experiencing symptoms after they returned home from Greta's tour around central Europe. The tour stopped in Germany, which has been badly hit by the virus and currently has over 30,000 cases.

Greta explained she self-isolated for two weeks when she arrived back home, fearing she had been exposed to the disease on her travels.

She wrote on Instagram: "The last two weeks I've stayed inside. When I returned from my trip around Central Europe I isolated myself, in a borrowed apartment away from my mother and sister, since the number of cases of Covid-19 (in Germany for instance) were similar to Italy in the beginning.

"Around 10 days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father - who travelled with me from Brussels. I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.

thumbnail

"In Sweden you cannot test yourself for Covid-19 unless you're in need of emergent medical treatment. Everyone feeling ill are told to stay at home and isolate themselves.

"I have therefore not been tested for Covid-19, but it's extremely likely that I've had it, given the combined symptoms and circumstances.

"Now I've basically recovered, but - AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn't feel ill.

"My last cold was much worse than this! Had it not been for someone else having the virus simultaneously I might not even have suspected anything. Then I would just have thought I was feeling unusually tired with a bit of a cough.

thumbnail

"And this is what makes it so much more dangerous. Many (especially young people) might not notice any symptoms at all, or very mild symptoms. Then they don't know they have the virus and can pass it on to people in risk groups.

"We who don't belong to a risk group have an enormous responsibility, our actions can be the difference between life and death for many others.

"Please keep that in mind, follow the advice from experts and your local authorities and #StayAtHome to slow the spread of the virus. And remember to always take care of each other and help those in need."

My precious!!!

I don't have an opinion about what Thunberg does or not, but as a father of two, your comment itches me the wrong way.

Why shouldn't children being mocked when they do stupid shit? It's not like you are beating them up, or something.
So basically you give them a free pass for whatever idiotic thing they do or say?

That's not how it works, Dude.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have an opinion about what Thunberg does or not, but as a father of two, your comment itches me the wrong way.

Why shouldn't children being mocked when they do stupid shit? It's not like you are beating them up, or something.
So basically you give them a free pass for whatever idiotic thing they do or say?

That's not how it works, Dude.

We, as adults, should be better than them. When they do stupid shit, correct them, mockery just shows them that mockery is okay, so you're basically just giving them a green flag to go and bully other kids.

Tech them a lesson, don't make thwm feel like shit. Ffs man. They're children.

Saruhashi

Banned
We, as adults, should be better than them. When they do stupid shit, correct them, mockery just shows them that mockery is okay, so you're basically just giving them a green flag to go and bully other kids.

Greta is 17 years old.

Presumably you feel the same way about all the 17 year old incels, neo nazis, flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, pro-lifers etc?

Looking at your post history here you are definitely not above mocking people yourself. You sure you checked the age of people you mocked first?

What's the cut off point? Do you have a motto or mantra or something?

"If they're under two zero I'll be their white knight hero. If they're over twenty mock them plenty!!"

highrider

Banned
See you just proved my point. Childish pathetic post. Nobody wants to fuck you and that’s why you let your anger out on kids. PATHETIC

Oh come on dude. If you need to be unassailable and can’t take a joke should probably avoid public life, which hers is pretty much that of a professional admonisher. You look pathetic blindly defending her against nothing that effects her in the slightest.

In this case they are teenagers.
Treat them like normal people and not like special little snowflakes.

If they do stupid shit, they deserve the mockery.

But even when they are younger, it's okay to make fun of them.
They need to get prepared for handling this later on in their life.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Whew, ideologues even do the same wimpering "T-think of the children" like the churchmarms did. Only this time we're not being told to boycott Grand Theft Auto, we're being told our way of life is sinful destructive to the environment and we are all going to burn in hell climate change.

Go figure that the propagandists would use a child to spread their message. They know you weaklings will always stand up to white-knight for a stranger that you saw on the internet if it means you can get a few shots in on videogame forum users. 🤷‍♀️

Some people just enjoy being told what to do. It's easy to spot because they shriek when others dare challenge the commandments and/or the spokesperson.

GymWolf

is she a child at 17?
in my city (and probably in the rest of the world too) the more bitchy girls start giving heads in the school bathroom for money to pay a new phone or cute dresses at 13-14 (and this was when i was 13-14, can't even imagine the situation now with even less decency), at 17 they are far beyond childhood cmon.

Last edited:

South

Banned
I never seen a kid get so much hate from grown adults. Yes most of her shit is silly but remember she’s just a kid. You people shitting on a child says more about you.

Everyone understands she was a child (now adult here in Europe 16+?). People are shitting on her parents for making her a figurehead of a communist movement.
You thinking she has solved global warming and independently thinking all this up, and no one had ever heard of this before, says more about you! You thinking that a person has ignored every message until yesterday until she said it, says more about the clueless NPCs that might think that she is doing a good PSA.

I hope she didn't spread it in Bristol because she was touring KNOWING it was out there in Europe.

Not going to insult her for talking about it (whether she had it or not is another story), but it does feel like if she did have it, then her idiot followers have spread it even more at gatherings.

Top Bottom