• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg Shares Coronavirus Warning As She Recovers From Suspected Covid-19 Symptoms

I never seen a kid get so much hate from grown adults. Yes most of her shit is silly but remember she’s just a kid. You people shitting on a child says more about you.
Maybe, if she wasn't criticizing and attempting to shame others you might have a point. But thats not the case. Also laughing at someone for the way they act isn't hate. Last I checked, people react to her. It isn't like they are laughing at her and then she exists.

Her schtick is as follows. "How dare you! I shouldn't be here. *Insert angry face* How Dare You!!!. Her entire gimmick is hateful and shaming.

Why can't we laugh at that?

You can't attempt to be the bully and cry victim hood at the same time. She and her group attempt to shame and bully others, laughing at them is hardly hate or punching back.

Furthermore she (and others like her) do a pretty good portion of the damage in why the masses don't take climate change seriously. Every time someone like her who has zero knowledge of the topic speaks, others will dismiss the topic entirely. And in case you didn't notice, most of the people who speak on the topic (at least that gets the microphone) aren't people who have knowledge or expertise in the science. So every time someone claims the world is gonna end in 12 years, people are going to ignore the topic entirely.

Oemenia

Banned
Greta hate reminds me of the Clock Boy, didn't know some people were so easily triggered by kids.

Buncha snowflakes.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
That little shit always looks like she's dying anyway. Guarantee there'll be fuck all wrong with her :pie_eyeroll:

Papa

Banned
Of course it’s gonna happen. I agree with what your saying as well. Doesn’t mean I won’t call out losers that mock children. It’s a good way of telling who’s a depressed sad individual.

Please humour me, Batiboy. Just a hypothetical here: if a 17 year old girl was on the world stage spouting propaganda about ze juden and people mockingly called her mini-Hitler, would that be kosher?

Papa

Banned
I agree with Batiman. It's really beyond pathetic to read all the attacks on a kid in this thread.

Reminder:

The coronavirus is not the enemy. Humans are the true virus. The earth/nature is just fighting this disease (us humans) with its own ways, which is the corona virus. AIDS in modern times and the plague in the middle ages are another examples of that.

Neverending consumption and reckless capitalism/greed for more is destroying the earth. Viruses are a way of the earth to restore balance in nature.

Humans are the cancer and nature is fighting it. We all get what we deserve in the end.

Yx2sgru.jpg

highrider

Banned
is she a child at 17?
in my city (and probably in the rest of the world too) the more bitchy girls start giving heads in the school bathroom for money to pay a new phone or cute dresses at 13-14 (and this was when i was 13-14, can't even imagine the situation now with even less decency), at 17 they are far beyond childhood cmon.

lol wtf, Gym Wolf you a wild dude man 😂

I honestly dont get why she gets so much attention from either side. Shes a kid and kids are dumb and naive, so why should anybody give two shits about anything she has to say?

EDIT: Actually I do realize why the climate change people prop her up. Its the "this is the new generation that will inherit this place and look how angry she is!". But the vitrol should be more directed at the people propping her up and constantly shoving her into the public space.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
I never seen a kid get so much hate from grown adults.

It's crazy how politics will turn people into fucking lunatics. People genuinely hate this little girl.

People could very easily just ignore her pleas (like everyone does anyway), but the fact that she can so easily be turned into a political target says alot about the way humans are.

As for you people who make memes about her, i either assume you're under 15 years old (because middleschool children do dumb shit like that) or you're a lame, deeply dissatisfied, angry ass adult.

I can only imagine the sad shit you weirdos are going to teach your own children to say, granted you ever actually procreate.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
It's crazy how politics will turn people into fucking lunatics. People genuinely hate this little girl.

People could very easily just ignore her pleas (like everyone does anyway), but the fact that she can so easily be turned into a political target says alot about the way humans are.

As for you people who make memes about her, i either assume you're under 15 years old (because middleschool children do dumb shit like that) or you're a lame, deeply dissatisfied, angry ass adult.

I can only imagine the sad shit you weirdos are going to teach your own children to say, granted you ever actually procreate.
Great post. Sums up feelings. It’s one thing to dislike what she does, but the memes and what not is embarrassing. I don’t think I ever met anyone IRL that would act this way towards a young girl. It really is angry internet kids. It has to be

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
it's not the passion that sucks, it's the manipulation and games

authenticity matters
True. But I think she herself believes what shes doing is right, and as much as her circus side show annoys me, I cant fault her for trying to do the right thing.
Very sad that people wish harm on a teenage girl for trying to keep the planet from becoming a giant dumpster.

Tesseract

Banned
True. But I think she herself believes what shes doing is right, and as much as her circus side show annoys me, I cant fault her for trying to do the right thing.
Very sad that people wish harm on a teenage girl for trying to keep the planet from becoming a giant dumpster.

i think she'll do well in life once she breaks from these psychos and embraces individuality

i relate to the kind of mind she possesses, not without a great deal of sympathy for her communication and behavioral issues

thot greta (i say this with love) is coming soon, the crystalis awaits

giphy.gif

*edit*

i don't think most realize how difficult it is to deprogram an autistic mind that's been poisoned by a mind virus

regardless, i stand by what i said here

jokes aside, hope she does well and goes far in life

tune the math up to 11

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

I’d say this might have something to do with it. Everyday people are smarter than the left gives them credit for and they can see through the pigtail propaganda. Also, she’s not a “little girl”, she’s 17. If she were a little girl, that would make it even more embarrassing for you to be inheriting your political opinions from her.

zeorhymer

I’d say this might have something to do with it. Everyday people are smarter than the left gives them credit for and they can see through the pigtail propaganda. Also, she’s not a “little girl”, she’s 17. If she were a little girl, that would make it even more embarrassing for you to be inheriting your political opinions from her.

Gotta love how this pandemic is causing people's masks to fall off. From the feminists who are thirsting for Spain's army bois to the climate change alarmists moving the goal posts that it's a "long term" problem to people who advocating for open borders to shut them down. Fuck. All. Of. Them.

highrider

Banned

You could easily ignore the people making fun of her, but you choose to big up yourself as a mature man, even taking a shot at the masculinity of people that make fun of her. And for the trifecta, you present it as wisdom , like you’re the cool guy on the internet 😂

LordKasual

Banned
You could easily ignore the people making fun of her, but you choose to big up yourself as a mature man, even taking a shot at the masculinity of people that make fun of her. And for the trifecta, you present it as wisdom , like you’re the cool guy on the internet 😂

there's no wisdom here that, again, any actual adult would consider anything other than common sense. It's less about me being cool and people like you defending the railing of this girl as just being pathetic.

Anyone notice how white knights and virtue signallers are so very reliant on infantalizing their wards in order to fend off all that 'hate' ?

Fascinating behaviour.

LOL whatever helps you sleep at night. People like you have been talking shit about her since she was like 15 years old.

You wish this was some white knight type shit, but it isn't lol.....you're just being called out for being a fucking loser. And that's the hill you get to die on.

Call me whatever you want lol. But you know what you are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
there's no wisdom here that, again, any actual adult would consider anything other than common sense. It's less about me being cool and people like you defending the railing of this girl as just being pathetic.

LOL whatever helps you sleep at night. People like you have been talking shit about her since she was like 15 years old.

You wish this was some white knight type shit, but it isn't lol.....you're just being called out for being a fucking loser. And that's the hill you get to die on.

It’s some white knight shit, but not for her, for you.

MetalAlien

Banned

fyLKUZB.jpg

HSUMBU7.jpg

Well, you give her a free pass "because she is a child", but condemn us for criticizing her message and behaviour in getting it across.

I would really love to know why people like you put children (which she really isn't anymore) on pedestals like that.
If you had Children, you'd realize they are usually just dumb and full of themselves.

It's perfectly fine to criticize and mock them if they talk stupid shit.

LordKasual said:
LOL whatever helps you sleepat night. People like you have been talking shit about her since she was like 15 years old.

How dare you.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
SHe i incredibly naive even for a child... and she is aggressive and shaming like most kids

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So.... much like many of the supposed GAF "adults" hating on her here on GAF?

Hate is a strong word feminists are all too familiar with and project on the daily.

Trolling and have a go with cheeky laughs, yes, hate, nah bruv!

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
Well, you give her a free pass "because she is a child", but condemn us for criticizing her message and behaviour in getting it across.

I would really love to know why people like you put children (which she really isn't anymore) on pedestals like that.
If you had Children, you'd realize they are usually just dumb and full of themselves.

It's perfectly fine to criticize and mock them if they talk stupid shit.

So you're drawing an equivalence between the way you mock your kid for being dumb and the way the internet mocks Greta Thunberg? Either that's a disingenuous comparison or you're a shit parent. I really do find it funny how anytime someone criticizes people like you for "mocking" this kid, words like "white knight" and "pedestal" show up, suddenly we're the odd ones for finding issue with it, and it's not only acceptable but makes perfect sense to hate a child so much for attempting to spread a positive message.

Greta isn't a revolutionary, she's a child who started a middle school-tier protest that society has accelerated into a global phenomenon. Instead of making cute powerpoint science projects and holding up "SAVE THE PLANET" signs with a marker-drawn Earth on it (which does not work), she decided to turn herself into the protest and go angrily scream at adults for being fucking incompetent.....which also doesn't work, because clearly nothing does, which is why she's understandably so angry.

But the reason she's getting so much attention for it is because she's a fucking child. She doesn't have a "free pass". Most people just get the point and let her do her thing, probably because we all know it's going to amount to ultimately nothing. She almost certainly knows this too.

If you're a climate change denier, flat-earther, or otherwise non-scientific nutcase, then I can at least understand the ire she raises within you, and I can at least forgive your ignorance because it's to be expected of you.

But for the rest of you....it's just pathetic. We should all expect more from ourselves.

GROWN ASS MEN crying about her "shaming" and "hating" them....what the fuck? Who's the real infant here?

Top Bottom