• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg Shares Coronavirus Warning As She Recovers From Suspected Covid-19 Symptoms

MetalAlien

Banned
GROWN ASS MEN crying about her "shaming" and "hating" them....what the fuck? Who's the real infant here?

KSnB1Nz.jpg

WKL4oix.jpg

SfhyXGF.jpg

This "plague" gets more political by the day. And whenever it is questioned, people scream in your face that you want old people to die.

Hey maybe more actors and public figures and narcissists should tell all the rest of us to lose our jobs, shut up, go home, and let the government call the shots. 🤷‍♀️

This. They're really pissing me off at this point. If push comes to shove, I'm gonna find ways to hack into their personal savings, not gonna let their fuck-ups cost me the money I worked to earn (and I don't want to be put on a government allowance like a small child).

If you're a climate change denier, flat-earther, or otherwise non-scientific nutcase, then I can at least understand the ire she raises within you, and I can at least forgive your ignorance because it's to be expected of you.
I am neither.

I just don't get the point that people are not allowed to REACT to a child spewing bullshit.
I am completely on board that a lot of that is completely overblown. But I am not talking on behalf of those asocial low lifes that think they need to call people cunts or worse.

So, yes, my point is that I don't care if somebody is a child or not.
If you put yourself out there for a political agenda, you need to be able to get flak and be criticized or mocked for it.. Child or not.

An honestly, for that "I dare you" bullshit she deserves all the mocking she can get.

If you think children are those holy beings that need to be protected, don't put them out in the wild for the wolves to devour them, or you are a shit parent, not me.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
I am neither.

I just don't get the point that people are not allowed to REACT to a child spewing bullshit.

I didn't come in here posting to stop people from criticizing her, i could care less. My posts are more towards the people who take joy in insulting her just because they don't like her. And as i said before, they know who they are, I don't have to @ them.

They're the ones quoting me with silly counter posts, driving my point home because they have no real reaction to it. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

If you put yourself out there for a political agenda, you need to be able to get flak and be criticized or mocked for it.. Child or not.

An honestly, for that "I dare you" bullshit she deserves all the mocking she can get.

If you think children are those holy beings that need to be protected, don't put them out in the wild for the wolves to devour them, or you are a shit parent, not me.

"political agenda" is something that doesn't mean very much in this sense to me because no matter what you think of Greta Thurnberg, the purpose of her attention will always be valid for her generation.

The thing is, this vitriol towards Greta Thurnberg is something that's very typical with any protest, in any significant fashion. It literally does not matter what you do or how you do it -- people will always lash back at you with disproportionate hate if you force them to look at an issue, or more importantly, look at themselves. And that's what we see with her.

People claim to dislike her because of her methods, but that's simply not true. If she used a different method, it would simply never reach their attention. People don't dislike her because she's "mean" or "hateful", they dislike her because the media has made it so they can't avoid her. Look back at any form of successful protest in history (ANY FORM) and you will always see people who go out of their way to be nasty and deface people who ultimately have no quarrel with them.

So no, my defense for her doesn't only stem from the fact that she's a child....but the fact that she IS a child and receives no holding back...like i said, it says alot about people lol

I'm not here to defend Greta Thurnberg. I'm here specifically to shit on people who are shit human beings.

And not even from a position of self-righteousness -- this thread just happens to have alot of low hanging fruit.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I didn't come in here posting to stop people from criticizing her, i could care less. My posts are more towards the people who take joy in insulting her just because they don't like her. And as i said before, they know who they are, I don't have to @ them.

They're the ones quoting me with silly counter posts, driving my point home because they have no real reaction to it. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

"political agenda" is something that doesn't mean very much in this sense to me because no matter what you think of Greta Thurnberg, the purpose of her attention will always be valid for her generation.

The thing is, this vitriol towards Greta Thurnberg is something that's very typical with any protest, in any significant fashion. It literally does not matter what you do or how you do it -- people will always lash back at you with disproportionate hate if you force them to look at an issue, or more importantly, look at themselves. And that's what we see with her.

People claim to dislike her because of her methods, but that's simply not true. If she used a different method, it would simply never reach their attention. People don't dislike her because she's "mean" or "hateful", they dislike her because the media has made it so they can't avoid her. Look back at any form of successful protest in history (ANY FORM) and you will always see people who go out of their way to be nasty and deface people who ultimately have no quarrel with them.

So no, my defense for her doesn't only stem from the fact that she's a child....but the fact that she IS a child and receives no holding back...like i said, it says alot about people lol

I'm not here to defend Greta Thurnberg. I'm here specifically to shit on people who are shit human beings.

And not even from a position of self-righteousness -- this thread just happens to have alot of low hanging fruit.

People dislike being admonished by a sanctimonious kid that’s a puppet being manipulated by adults anyway. How dare you! Shut the fuck up kid. That’s the extent of the thought process with her for most people.

LordKasual

Banned
That thing I preemptively called out, the thing you insist on doing exactly as I described and had no meaningful rebuttal to except snipes, deflection and projection.

That thing, yeah. You're doing it again.

Hahaha. You already read my rebuttal. It was in the last post you quoted me from. I didn't "deflect" a thing, and i'm not "sniping" anyone....for the third time, people already know who they are and i've described you exactly how i meant to. I didn't directly name names intentionally because i knew the people most offended (and who it applied to) would directly reply to me anyway lol

buuuuut just to humor you:

Anyone notice how white knights and virtue signallers are so very reliant on infantalizing their wards in order to fend off all that 'hate' ?

Fascinating behaviour.

what, do you need someone to explain to you how/why Greta Thurnberg is a child?? You need me to quantify the immaturity of an adult mocking a child, so that it makes sense to you????

Does me calling Greta Thunberg a "Young Adult" make you feel better when i call you pathetic for hating on her so much? How about "High School Junior?" Or maybe we should wait until she's 18 next year so that you can finally throw insults with ethical impunity?

Do you see how me actually diving into this silly ass comment only makes it even worse? The only one "deflecting" anything is you -- you have nothing real to say in response to my critique of behavior of people in here, or anyone elses in this thread. Just dismissal.

Anyway, last thing, I know people on forums these days love to throw the term around defensively whenever someone gets in their head...but I don't think you quite understand what "projection" is.

People dislike being admonished by a sanctimonious kid that’s a puppet being manipulated by adults anyway. How dare you! Shut the fuck up kid. That’s the extent of the thought process with her for most people.

She's still a kid, and despite how angry people choose to get over the idea of something being "PoLitIcaL", she does have a valid point, which is what makes this whole situation so stupid and brings me back to my previous statement:

The thing is, this vitriol towards Greta Thurnberg is something that's very typical with any protest, in any significant fashion. It literally does not matter what you do or how you do it -- people will always lash back at you with disproportionate hate if you force them to look at an issue, or more importantly, look at themselves.

MOST people look at her, go "yeah we get it", and go on with their lives...like how we do when grown ass scientists tell us that we're ruining our children's future. Ignoring ACTUAL climate scientists is our bread and butter, but a line is crossed when a child does it.... Suddenly, everyone has alot to talk about, and almost none of it is actually about climate change. It's about the messenger. Pure clown shit.

Yes, she's a bit naive. She's not a scientist or engineer, she's a teenager who cries about fossil fuel usage. But her initial message ("why aren't we doing things, i shouldn't even be here") is something i can't logically argue with....and neither can many people in this thread either, apparently.

Last edited:
Someone in this thread is a narcissist virtue signaller with a superiority complex and a considerable amount of hate in their heart.

They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near vulnerable children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom