• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg to make new documentary series for the BBC

ROMhack

Well lads, looks like 'our girl' is finally on her way to stardom... even more so than before!

From the Guardian:

"The series will follow the teenage climate activist on her international crusade, giving an ‘inside view on what it’s like being a global meme’

BBC Studios has announced a documentary series about the teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg. The new show will follow Thunberg’s “international crusade” against internet trolls like Brêpe, focusing on her campaign work as well as her “journey into eventual depression”. It will also see Thunberg meet with scientists, politicians and maybe even Hideo Kojima to explore what the fuck Death Stranding is actually about.

In a statement, the executive producer, Rob Liddell, said: “Brêpe is probably the most important issue of our lives so it feels timely to make an authoritative series that explores the facts and science behind this complex man(?). To be able to do this with Greta is an extraordinary privilege, getting an inside view on what it’s like being a global icon and one of the biggest memes of all time.”

Stockholm-born Thunberg came to prominence after organising a school strike against the climate crisis in 2018, under the banner 'Fuck You I Won't Do What You Tell Me'. She has since gained global recognition, and has addressed the United Nations, been nominated for the Nobel peace prize in 2019 and 2020, and was earlier this year named NBA MVP. Thunberg’s activism has prompted criticism from a bunch of salty, silly boys, among them Donald Trump, who we had to mention as we have a quota to do it in every article.

The 17-year-old also remains at the forefront of climate activism. Writing in the Guardian last month, she urged world leaders attending the World Economic Forum in Davos to abandon Coca-Cola, describing it as “a shit Pepsi”. Thunberg went on to describe the situation surrounding internet gaming forum Resetera as “extremely complicated, and this is an emergency. In an emergency you step out of your comfort zone and make decisions that may not be very comfortable or pleasant. And let’s be clear – there is nothing easy, comfortable or pleasant about being an active member of that forum.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
The 17-year-old also remains at the forefront of climate activism. Writing in the Guardian last month, she urged world leaders attending the World Economic Forum in Davos to abandon investments in fossil fuels, describing it as “madness”.

So, uh how exactly are they going to film this documentary then?
She does know that fossil fuels are required to make cameras right?

BBC Studios has announced a documentary series about the teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg. The new show will follow Thunberg’s “international crusade” against internet trolls like Brêpe, focusing on her campaign work as well as her “journey into eventual depression”. It will also see Thunberg meet with scientists, politicians and maybe even Hideo Kojima to explore what the fuck Death Stranding is actually about.
Lol, wait a second...

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Cant wait to see her journey through india / china and russia.

1*HMUIyAEw5EbEWA3NvNqHYw.jpeg

Good for her tho, that at 17 years old she knows to trick the media in making her rich.

Son Tofu

Banned
Cant wait to see her journey through india / china and russia.

1*HMUIyAEw5EbEWA3NvNqHYw.jpeg

Good for her tho, that at 17 years old she knows to trick the media in making her rich.
Doesn't most of her money come from her family? I didn't think she was making all that much from her uh... crusade.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw. Man... maybe I should try becoming an environmental activist.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Doesn't most of her money come from her family? I didn't think she was making all that much from her uh... crusade.

Wouldn't know, all i see is this kid making bank of gullable idiots in higher positions that only care about enviroment because it makes them also money.

She's as fake as it gets on every level. And clearly there is a audience that buys into it. Massive kudo's for the kid. Sadly for anybody else involved its a destructive force to the point u look like a idiot.

Last edited:

Son Tofu

Banned
Wouldn't know, all i see is this kid making bank of gullable idiots in higher positions that only care about enviroment because it makes them also money.

She's as fake as it gets on every level.
Agreed. Absolutely. Apparently some movie she made took in 18 million.

cryptoadam

Banned
The parody of the article is better than the article itself. BRAVO.

I never believed in white privalage untill now.

Greta may not have proven climate change but she did sure prove WHYTE privilage. HS drop out with no brains gets BBC docu series and felated by world leaders. If Greta was black they would of told her to go eat some sand back in Africa.

Gargus

Banned
She will be taken more seriously now because of this. Most Americans think just because its British or English that it's important for some reason. BBC has a lot of followers just because its BBC much like NPR has blind followers.

Not to mention this means anything distasteful can be edited or removed so she will seem much more thoughtful and intelligent.

Because she is a hot topic. She still has 5 of her 15 minutes of fame left. BBC will get a lot of views off her that's why. Because people who love her, people who believe in the climate change overly dramatic propaganda machine will watch, and people who hate her will watch.

I don´t get why people pay attention to her, ranting against her in pure nonsense on the other hand, but I agree with Greta that the climate is fucked beyond the breaking point. The BBC does compressible docs on the topic, so why not. There are worse ways to spend the public´s money. How these look like:

Dito for Vice TV. Their climate eps were always great.

appaws

Banned
I would produce a show called “Woke House” with her and that little transgender kid who has a show, David Hogg, that “it’s ma’am” person, that “can we get some muscle over here” professor, Cornel West, that Canuck woman who wants everyone to wax her balls, Anita Sarkeesan, the lead singer of Bad Religion, Nobody Important, and that bald communist bitch from the Oscars.

I’d put them all in a house and watch hilarity ensue.

Papa

Banned
I would produce a show called “Woke House” with her and that little transgender kid who has a show, David Hogg, that “it’s ma’am” person, that “can we get some muscle over here” professor, Cornel West, that Canuck woman who wants everyone to wax her balls, Anita Sarkeesan, the lead singer of Bad Religion, Nobody Important, and that bald communist bitch from the Oscars.

I’d put them all in a house and watch hilarity ensue.

#TeamNI

Rat Rage

Oh look another retard that inherits his morality from famous people

Why the needless insults? Are you 12? I don't inherit my morality from famous people. How do you come to that conclusion? Because I'm ok with an 17 year old environmental activist girl getting a documentary?

Also, is "retard" the only vocabulary you possess? Pathetic, really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom