• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greta Thunberg to make new documentary series for the BBC

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I’m waiting
The burden of proof is on you. You are labeling anybody that enjoys Japanese media as being sappy. Demeaning people based on the media they enjoy at a website based around videogames is something else though. It might even be pure retardation itself.

Papa

Banned
The burden of proof is on you. You are labeling anybody that enjoys Japanese media as being sappy. Demeaning people based on the media they enjoy at a website based around videogames is something else though. It might even be pure retardation itself.

ok BB let’s get back on topic: retardation

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Why the needless insults? Are you 12? I don't inherit my morality from famous people. How do you come to that conclusion? Because I'm ok with an 17 year old environmental activist girl getting a documentary?

Also, is "retard" the only vocabulary you possess? Pathetic, really.
I find that putting people who's main contribution generally revolves around self fellating dipshittery on ignore, improves the overall neogaf experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amory

Where did this chick come from anyway?

Seems like she walked out her front door one morning and started doing TV news interviews and leading rallies. Is it just because her parents let her quit school?

-Troid-

Banned
The first time I heard of Greta was some random thing that popped up in my news feed about how great it was that she was glaring at Trump at some conference. Never heard of her before, the thumnail for the article didn't mention anything about her being an activist, just her displeasure with Trump and her "how dare you" line.

I clicked on the article and honestly I really don't see what makes her so special that she got to go to some important meeting like that, except to be there as a "think about the children!" symbol. I don't dislike her but it's clear she's just there as child shield; anyone disagreeing with her or other people she represents are more easily dismissed as "bullies" who would dare "verbally attack" (disagree with) an autistic child.

She's clearly a puppet for her cause and it annoys me as someone who does care about the environment that other people would use such means to an end.

The only other thing I saw about her was some youtube add where she talked about how many other kids she got to skip school with her to go protest. Seems pretty counter intuitive if you ask me; shouldn't she be encouraging kids to stay in school and pursue careers in science in order to try and come up with solutions to climate change?

She seems like more of a talking point than an actual activist and I feel she's being taken advantage of by those around her with agendas; which is pretty easy to do I imagine since she's both autistic and an impressionable teenager.

Javthusiast

Banned
f3c.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
How much more can the media feed this “child”’s ego?

A documentary about this person now? Lol I pity the girl at the center of all this.

In 5-10 years when nobody cares anymore she is gonna bottom out big time and it will be glorious. No way this constant global attention can be good for the psyche, especially someone with self harm issues.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Cant wait to see her journey through india / china and russia.

1*HMUIyAEw5EbEWA3NvNqHYw.jpeg

Good for her tho, that at 17 years old she knows to trick the media in making her rich.

Wasn't she already rich? Seem to recall a pic from social media showing her sat on a designer chair that costs more than it would to keep a village worth of famine struck Africans alive for a year or two.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
According to BAFTA, the British film organization, a single hour of television produced in the U.K.—fiction or nonfiction—produces 13 metric tons of carbon dioxide. That’s nearly as much CO2 as an average American generates in a year. A 2006 UCLA study found that the California film and television industry created 8.4 million metric tons of carbon dioxide; the number for the U.S. film and TV industry as a whole was 15 million tons.

No thanks; don't need more environmentalist propaganda BS rammed violently down my esophagus.

If people stop giving her attention, she will go away.

Unfortunately the media are the ones that keep giving her the attention, and they don't care what we think anymore. They have their agenda.

agree with Greta that the climate is fucked beyond the breaking point. The BBC does compressible docs on the topic, so why not.

False. The Earth has always been in gradual scales of flux between warming and cooling temperatures for vast periods of time. At one point the planet's temperatures were much colder than they are today. And we've gone through cold periods like the Ice Age, where were the "scientists" claiming 'global cooling' back then? Ah, right...

Vast majority of increase in carbon dioxide is naturally occurring, being released from locked sediment and rocks in the oceans and entering the atmosphere. Earth as a planet is more than sufficient to handle the current level of human industrial activity and more than sufficient enough in terms of air and resources to supply the current global population and then some.

'Global warming' and 'climate change' are being pushed along with other buzzwords like 'carbon footprint' to create anxiety and scare people into relinquishing more resources to corporations and big government, and push people off of open land into smaller, more controllable metropolitan areas. It'd be nice if people could wake up and smell the con job for what it is.

I'm not saying industries like oil and coal should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want (that's how you get things like BP oil spill back in 2009), but the current propaganda machine is grossly overstating man's negative impact on a planet that is just naturally entering a warmer period very gradually, of its own accord.

Last edited:

Son Tofu

Banned
She has been diagnosed medically as autistic you twat.
That makes this entire charade worse. They're literally using a person with a disability to push their agenda. This kid thinks she's doing all of this. No, she's just has the agreeable 'look' that appeals to the woke crowd. She should be in school. Not parading around the planet in her private jets and yachts.

And as someone pointed out earlier: Why doesn't she go to the biggest global polluter's countries? The Western world is actually pretty good with the amount of pollution it generates when accounting for the population. Why not go to India or China? They're far worse polluters than the west. It's almost like saving the planet isn't actually what the agenda is.

Last edited:

ROMhack

That makes this entire charade worse. They're literally using a person with a disability to push their agenda. This kid thinks she's doing all of this. No, she's just has the agreeable 'look' that appeals to the woke crowd. She should be in school. Not parading around the planet in her private jets and yachts.

Breaking from sarcasm for a moment, the way you put it makes me dang envious.

She'll get a scholarship to Harvard or some such place regardless.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

And as someone pointed out earlier: Why doesn't she go to the biggest global polluter's countries? The Western world is actually pretty good with the amount of pollution it generates when accounting for the population. Why not go to India or China? They're far worse polluters than the west. It's almost like saving the planet isn't actually what the agenda is.
People could just ignore her you know.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'll probably watch it.

seriously wtf is wrong with people that get so aggressive over a 17 year old?

i think she's doing a great job.

ryan13ts

i'll probably watch it.

seriously wtf is wrong with people that get so aggressive over a 17 year old?

i think she's doing a great job.

Stupidity, jealousy, ignorance; Take your pick, though I'm sure I still missed a few. She's literally just a 17 year old girl that just wants to do better for the planet... that thing people seem to forget we live on.

It's all good though, in the end, she's out there actually doing something productive (probably making some bank too), while some other losers waste their time talking shit about an underage girl on the internet, when she doesn't even know they exist and probably couldn't care less even if she did. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Stupidity, jealousy, ignorance; Take your pick, though I'm sure I still missed a few. She's literally just a 17 year old girl that just wants to do better for the planet... that thing people seem to forget we live on.

It's all good though, in the end, she's out there actually doing something productive (probably making some bank too), while some other losers waste their time talking shit about an underage girl on the internet, when she doesn't even know they exist and probably couldn't care less even if she did. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
She's never gonna fuck you dude.

PSYGN

I hope she creates more funny memeable speeches. The "How daaaareee youuuu" one went viral because it was hilarious to see what looked like a 30 year old activist in a 10 year olds body. But it helped expose her and her message.

Last edited:
Climate change denial in the year 2020. Yesh. I went to school between 1996 to 2009 (we used to have 13 years of school here) and it was a basic part of the German curriculum. Climate change denying teachers, political or news outlets don´t even exist over here. Not ones that anyone takes seriously anyway. It can´t be that different in Brittain, I think. I hope...
This historic Carl Sagan doc even covered the topic but we still refuse to learn:

That was in 1980. It was broadcast all over the world but things only grew worse. Humanity may deserve to suffer for its sins. Good luck Climate Girl, I guess.
Next up. Gaf explains how Fracking is good for the planet.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

Hey bro, where you been?

Papa

Banned
Climate change denial in the year 2020. Yesh. I went to school between 1996 to 2009 (we used to have 13 years of school here) and it was a basic part of the German curriculum. Climate change denying teachers, political or news outlets don´t even exist over here. Not ones that anyone takes seriously anyway. It can´t be that different in Brittain, I think. I hope...
This historic Carl Sagan doc even covered the topic but we still refuse to learn:

That was in 1980. It was broadcast all over the world but things only grew worse. Humanity may deserve to suffer for its sins. Good luck Climate Girl, I guess.
Next up. Gaf explains how Fracking is good for the planet.

Denial of what?

Do you think that people are denying that the climate is changing or that the proposed “solutions” that typically draw straight from the communist manifesto will be effective? Greta has admitted that her activism is not just about climate but “dismantling colonial, racist, patriarchal systems of oppression”. You have the wool pulled over your eyes.

I know you just got your daily narcissist big brain feels by denouncing heretics climate change deniers but you need to be more specific. You could tell me that you want to implement a one child policy in the West to curb emissions and save the planet from climate change. I would deny the potential efficacy of your proposal but that doesn’t make me a climate change denier.

I got nothing else to add but I too want to dismantle colonial, racist, patriarchal systems of oppression. I may have little interest in her or this doc unless it gets a positive reception and/or critical traction BUT she seems like a smart kid campaigning for the right causes. The disability awareness she raises is another plus. Frankly, the biggest one on a personal level as the 2 smarts people I met have Asperger.

Isn´t the politiXs corner a better fit for all of this btw?

I got nothing else to add but I too want to dismantle colonial, racist, patriarchal systems of oppression. I may have little interest in her or this doc unless it gets a positive reception and/or critical traction BUT she seems like a smart kid campaigning for the right causes. The disability awareness she raises is another plus. Frankly, the biggest one on a personal level as the 2 smarts people I met have Asperger.

Has the critical thinking of a drunk gold fish and is running around as is due to complete manipulation of other people from parents to strangers, and doesn't realize it, but you think they are a smart kid?

Not a knock on Greta btw, the parents would have been sent to the Gulags they want everyone else sent to if they pulled this a few decades ago, and Greta would have a real family.

Not a knock on Greta btw, the parents would have been sent to the Gulags they want everyone else sent to if they pulled this a few decades ago, and Greta would have a real family.
images

I actually am half Russian, so I love gulag misappropriations like nobody else. Now excuse me. I need to get back do drinking my soy milk.
Soy anything tastes like shit btw.

Papa

Banned

You’ve got nothing to add because you didn’t reason your way into your beliefs and therefore can’t reason your way out. You addressed nothing I said and carried on sperging out like the ideologue you are.

Rat Rage

I don't get why this guy got a permaban. Isn't GAF about being able to state your opinion freely? Isn't that what makes this forum an interesting place to visit, in contrast to the shithole hivemind that is Resetera?

Top Bottom