• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Greta Thunberg without a script is stumped when asked what her message is

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Justice Democrats are just one of many. I mean, we have literal actors (Hollywood) preaching at us. Might as well plant scripted actors playing as real people, too. Might as well run "experiments" posing as Russian Twitter accounts to spread slander against Roy Moore. Might as well hire 'New Knowledge' several times in a row in spite of them being discredited even by Facebook. Might as well pretend I was attacked by two white MAGA boys in downtown Chicago while trying to pass an anti-lynching bill. The Left isn't paying very close attention anyway, so a lot of this fake news just sneaks past their narrow attention. 🤷‍♀️

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Agreed. So let's focus on the awful people who put her there instead of the kid.
I'm with you there, unfortunately I don't think this train is stopping anytime soon. This is child abuse being disguised as autistic savant mysticism. It makes me sick.

Then go after the people who put her there if you think what they did was wrong. Don't go after the kid because she messed up a question at a press conference.
See above.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Then go after the people who put her there if you think what they did was wrong. Don't go after the kid because she messed up a question at a press conference.
This thread is very benign. It is news worthy based on current events. There is no hatred or slant in the title or the OP. It would be your own projection to feel otherwise based on the title and OP.

It shines the light that most have been saying, that they parade her out for criticism deflection, and the more it is exposed, the more we can have the evidence to point the finger at her handlers. Shame on them.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
This thread is very benign. It is news worthy based on current events. There is no hatred or slant in the title or the OP. It would be your own projection to feel otherwise based on the title and OP.

It shines the light that most have been saying, that they parade her out for criticism deflection, and the more it is exposed, the more we can have the evidence to point the finger at her handlers. Shame on them.
I still think we can do better. For instance, watch the video. The guy who asked her if she thinks Trump should be responding to her by now, he would deserve a thread. Seriously, what kind of asshole tries to induce a child into a war of words with Trump when a huge part of the world is already laughing at the whole situation and the child. There is no integrity or noble purpose in such a question. He just wants to see Trump spar with a child IMO.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I need Gwyneth Paltrow's new "Psychic Vampire repellant spray + crystal healing" product to protect me from all these narcissists who join these cults. Fake kid. Fake ideology. Fake outrage. And you're the problem if you raise your voice to ask "excuse me, but could you explain what is going on here?"

Makes me so mad that I want to watch the new The Joker movie and become an incel. :messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
I still think we can do better. For instance, watch the video. The guy who asked her if she thinks Trump should be responding to her by now, he would deserve a thread. Seriously, what kind of asshole tries to induce a child into a war of words with Trump when a huge part of the world is already laughing at the whole situation and the child. There is no integrity or noble purpose in such a question. He just wants to see Trump spar with a child IMO.
Yes, the reporter is a total scumbag.

Reactions: NickFire

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
It's almost as if a 16 year old autistic girl with a very sheltered life experience doesn't belong in this spotlight to begin with.
I blame the parents and the people rolling the kids out, but at the end of the day... you enter Thunder Dome, you might end up on the losing side of things.

At the end of the day, if she is old enough to roll out that speech, she is old enough to know better, imo.

Reactions: matt404au

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Agreed. I was speaking more of the thread itself, not the d-bag baiting reporter.

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
Personally, if I were her and I would have been asked that question.... I would have just started broken into singing "We're Not Going To Take It" (message).

We're right (yeah)
We're free (yeah)
We'll fight (yeah)
You'll see (yeah)

Whoa, whoa, we're not gonna take it
No, we ain't gonna take it
Oh, we're not gonna take it anymore

Last edited:

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
I expect the character assassination campaign to go on for a long time now.

But she needs to up her game, when you're in the spotlight....