• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Greta Thunberg without a script is stumped when asked what her message is

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Its entirely possible she didnt know what those shirts meant, it was for a band promo.

Its not something that is well coveres at all here in Sweden.

Also worth a read methinks.

She's gaslighting what AntiFa is about and their tactics. It's even more telling when a Swede (and her adult parents who wore the same shirt) is doing this since AntiFa is much more violent in Europe than In the US.

Believe no words from this mouthpiece of NGO's.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Figured.

Now, if I find "climate researcher" (whatever that may mean) that says the planet would be better off without you on the planet, would you like that plan?
I do not quite understand, do you mean people advocating for less humans on earth (and as I am a human, me not existing would be a plus for climate)? Or are you referring to my profession not existing?

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
I do not quite understand, do you mean people advocating for less humans on earth (and as I am a human, me not existing would be a plus for climate)? Or are you referring to my profession not existing?
You don't have to understand at this point.

If I find a "climate researcher" (whatever that may mean), that says he/she/it thinks the planet would be better off without you, would you support that thought and ultimately go along with the plan?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So which one is it. "It's a child that is talking about a very important subject, can we please take her seriously?" or "It's just a child, how can you take her seriously?"
Seems to just zig-zag around whenever it fits the agenda.
Working as intended.

Divide and conquer.

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017
So which one is it. "It's a child that is talking about a very important subject, can we please take her seriously?" or "It's just a child, how can you take her seriously?"
Seems to just zig-zag around whenever it fits the agenda.
Because critiquing the facial expressions of an autistic girl equals to taking her seriously. If you think she deserves the attacks on her looks purely because you dont like the message she is spreading then you need to find a different way to engage with people that dont share your beliefs

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Because critiquing the facial expressions of an autistic girl equals to taking her seriously. If you think she deserves the attacks on her looks purely because you dont like the message she is spreading then you need to find a different way to engage with people that dont share your beliefs
I will agree with you on the opinion you’re making, however...

I put a strike through on the autistic part because I believe you are appealing to emotionally charged rhetoric by adding it because it’s ultimately irrelevant, since even if she wasn’t “autistic”, the same memes would happen., it is internet culture.

One should have no issue with attacking the position, But also be mindful that attacking said position is not off limits due to immutable characteristics on the world stage.

Something the propagandists want, no matter what camp it comes from.

Last edited:

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
You don't have to understand at this point.

If I find a "climate researcher" (whatever that may mean), that says he/she/it thinks the planet would be better off without you, would you support that thought and ultimately go along with the plan?
What's so mysterious on what a climate researcher is? It is a scientist working in climatology. And I just do not get what you are on about, climate researchers do not advocate to killing people and therefore your whole discussion point of "going along with the plan" does not make any sense.

Oct 26, 2018
Nah. It's open season.

If her parents and climate control supporters want to make her the new face of climate reforms, since the obvious goal is to get attention and sympathy, then forget it. She's open to criticism even if she doesn't know about it and can't tell she's being puppeted around the world.

And Aspergers or not, it's not like she's someone in a vegetative state. She might have development issues, but she is well aware enough when she's going ape shit accusing and crying. So if you swing at people, teenager or not, you got to take a swing back.

You know as well as everyone else, this 16 year old Aspergers teen doesn't know anything about climate control and the only reason she is getting attention is because she yells and cries with her autistic expressions, as opposed to another teenager or scientist fighting the good fight, but who are normal boring people who would get zero attention.

Last edited:

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
When everyone watching her be a 16 year old political all star I was watching a bear fight an eagle

No ragrets

Unhook the strings from her joints and let her go do her makeup tutorials

Poor girl

Reactions: Tesseract
Oct 26, 2018
When everyone watching her be a 16 year old political all star I was watching a bear fight an eagle

No ragrets

Unhook the strings from her joints and let her go do her makeup tutorials

Poor girl
I think just about everyone feels bad for her. Too bad she doesn't know it.

If you read her Wiki, it seemed she caught onto climate control when she was 8 or 9, stuck with it as big focus in life, and goes into mental issues about it. She doesn't even seem to go to school anymore and the parents are ok with it.

Either the parents gave up trying to integrate her into a more normal way of life, or they simply gave in as her Aserger's personality seems like a take it or leave it attitude. As the Wiki says...... the dad said something about climate issues make her happy, so we agreed and the whole family went along with it.

Read her wiki. Very interesting family dynamic.

Weilthain

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2013
I don’t think you can call it Aspergers anymore. It would fall under the blanket of autistic spectrum disorder.

The girls facial expressions remind me of my ex wife. She would be tricked if you told her a penguin flew in the garden if you said it sincerely, despite her knowing that penguins can’t fly.

Reactions: Tesseract

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
I don’t think you can call it Aspergers anymore. It would fall under the blanket of autistic spectrum disorder.

The girls facial expressions remind me of my ex wife. She would be tricked if you told her a penguin flew in the garden if you said it sincerely, despite her knowing that penguins can’t fly.
No wonder she divorced you after all the pranking. ✌

Liljagare

May 8, 2013
Sweden
She's gaslighting what AntiFa is about and their tactics. It's even more telling when a Swede (and her adult parents who wore the same shirt) is doing this since AntiFa is much more violent in Europe than In the US.

Believe no words from this mouthpiece of NGO's.
What? It's not like antifa is a unified group.. The term means different things all over the globe.. :p

Liljagare

May 8, 2013
Sweden
Her entire family borrows shirts. I knew she was a hardcore environmentalist but that is a step too far.

Fuck off with snopes already. Notice how this picture doesn't appear in the report they do. They add a bunch of extra shit into a story so they can deem it false. Did greta wear a shirt and fuck soros and is really the zodiac killer. Mostly false.
A shirt that doesn't mean the same thing in the region, and the Soros connection was disproven.

This is some straw grabbing foil hat stuff going on.. :p

ruvikx

Jan 12, 2018
What? It's not like antifa is a unified group.. The term means different things all over the globe.. :p
In America I figure it means "edgy social justice warrior roleplaying Che Guevara wannabe". In Europe it means communist far left nutjob. Antifa are assholes over here & no one except a minority of nutters likes them. The Thunbergs are everything that's "wrong" with environmentalism these days, i.e. hijacked by communists who're always ready to hate on western civilization & push a wealth redistribution to the third world agenda whilst also encouraging demographic expansion of Africa, Asia & open borders (yeah, green "environmentalists" over here really love the concept of flooding Europe with tens of millions of foreigners & ballooning our populations way beyond sustainable levels). Because that makes total sense with regards to saving the planet, right? I don't think so.

Oct 26, 2018
A shirt that doesn't mean the same thing in the region, and the Soros connection was disproven.

This is some straw grabbing foil hat stuff going on.. :p
Really?

I thought the image and propaganda Antifa protests carry are pretty consistent whereever they happen.

Although a pic of Greta and parents all wearing it shows that they are really about even though the shirt seems based on a music band. It's like someone putting on a KKK shirt based on a music band.

I don't blame Greta so much because she has no idea what's going on. She probably put that tshirt on because someone gave it to her or her parents said put it on. I'm confident she doesn't even understand what Antifa even does or stands for.

But her parents should know better,

Last edited:

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
What's so mysterious on what a climate researcher is? It is a scientist working in climatology. And I just do not get what you are on about, climate researchers do not advocate to killing people and therefore your whole discussion point of "going along with the plan" does not make any sense.
There is no mystery you said it, just answer the question.

You're not going to answer the question because what you said is stupid, jumping to conclusions about something, expecting everyone to just believe you... than you don't even have the balls to follow your implied path - by following "climate researchers". And yes, these nutjobs will say you not being on the planet is better for the planet, why, the stupid carbon nonsense.

Last edited:

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
There is no mystery you said it, just answer the question.

You're not going to answer the question because what you said is stupid, jumping to conclusions about something, expecting everyone to just believe you... than you don't even have the balls to follow your implied path - by following "climate researchers". And yes, these nutjobs will say you not being on the planet is better for the planet, why, the stupid carbon nonsense.
1. I doubt I would agree with your reading on the issue
2. I am not suicidal and I would not kill myself for any reason whatsoever
3. Stating that the average human has a positive CO2 footprint and that this CO2 footprint is particularly large in developed countries does not say that you should kill people for the climate.
4. It can, however, point to each indivual's responsibility to lower its carbon footprint.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
AntiFa are not peaceful, despite whatever lack of cohesion they want to portray around the Globe. They have flags, colors and a uniform. Unfortunately, AntiFa members tend to be pretty fucking stupid or they are surrounded by morons so they think they blend in with society.

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
3. Stating that the average human has a positive CO2 footprint and that this CO2 footprint is particularly large in developed countries does not say that you should kill people for the climate.
Why not if I can find a climate researcher that says its best?

No, you are wanting me to believe you but you have no proof of shit, and you want me to follow people that make up shit, but you won't follow other people that make up shit. I actually can't stand people like you because you do is a disservice to people that actually care about real environmental issues i.e. pollution.

4. It can, however, point to each indivual's responsibility to lower its carbon footprint.
Even, if I did believe your bullshit. Your statement above means nothing, its of no value what so ever. Its an individual's responsibility, first, no its not.... second, it offers no help or assistance at all. Its all most like Linda Blair Greta wrote it.... worthless.

Greta: People are dying.
Greta: Entire ecosystems are collapsing
Me: Okay, Greta what do you propose in detail and how is this going to work and how you are going to measure whether its working.
Greta: How dare you?

What they did was turn the word "science" to "religion", as there is no way to prove or even have a reasonable theory as to any of this and everyone knows it.

Tell you what, you want to do something good for the world... I'll give you something even simpler to solve, you think all this transformation is so fucking easy. I will give you one job.... get the Japanese to stopping dumping tons of radioactive water into the Pacific.... I bet you can't even solve this and this is an easy problem compared to everything else you are implying.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Why not if I can find a climate researcher that says its best?

No, you are wanting me to believe you but you have no proof of shit, and you want me to follow people that make up shit, but you won't follow other people that make up shit. I actually can't stand people like you because you do is a disservice to people that actually care about real environmental issues i.e. pollution.

Even, if I did believe your bullshit. Your statement above means nothing, its of no value what so ever. Its an individual's responsibility, first, no its not.... second, it offers no help or assistance at all. Its all most like Linda Blair Greta wrote it.... worthless.

Greta: People are dying.
Greta: Entire ecosystems are collapsing
Me: Okay, Greta what do you propose in detail and how is this going to work and how you are going to measure whether its working.
Greta: How dare you?

What they did was turn the word "science" to "religion", as there is no way to prove or even have a reason theory as to any of this and everyone knows it.
Well said.

Considering the Earth's population is growing at probably about 100 million people per year, it's not like they live life being CO2 footprint neutral. They are alive, buy stuff, use stuff and contribute to using resources and making companies crank up production and pollution and the local utility company increasing output.

I have never seen one climate promoter try to clamp down on something that might be overriding any energy efficiencies made by improving processes and common man daily energy usage................ 100 million extra people every year. And that's because they have no balls to criticize people having too many kids, or even well off parents to cut down on kids even if you can afford it.

If anything, I think trying to slow the earth's annual population growth of 80 million (I just googled it) is more important.

It's amazing. I remember as a kid on school and earth population was about 5 billion. Now it's around 7.5 billion. So in the last 30 years, the population has grown 50%. And 30 years from now in 2050 (I'll probably be dead by then), good luck at what the pop will be by then. Probably 12 billion.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If anything, I think trying to slow the earth's annual population growth of 80 million (I just googled it) is more important.

It's amazing. I remember as a kid on school and earth population was about 5 billion. Now it's around 7.5 billion. So in the last 30 years, the population has grown 50%. And 30 years from now in 2050 (I'll probably be dead by then), good luck at what the pop will be by then. Probably 12 billion.
Population growth has been slowing down, I don't think we need to worry too much about that, not for the reasons we're currently talking about anyway.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
It is not a climate researcher's object of study what techniques are available to educe carbon emission, they state which levels of carbon emission need to be reached in order to reduce the threat to an acceptable level. There are some pretty obvious steps - increasing the share of renewable energy, reducing the number of flights (e.g. by price) and cars (e.g. by price) - that could be taken outside of technological innovation, but yes, in the long run, technological innovation to be able to restore certain aspects of convenience to today's level without hurting the climate at an irresponsible level, is desirable. That's however, a matter of a different profession: Engineering rather than climate science.
Reduce airtravel and cars and replace them with... what?

Gargus

Oct 1, 2018
It seems like she is running out of steam. Before she was all piss and vinegar but I think her immature (not saying it in a negative way) views and attitude have gotten slapped pretty hard with adult realities of the world and she is reeling from it.

Everyone at her age thinks they know how things work and that they are smart and capable of telling others what to do. Then st some point you get s good dose of reality in your late teens, a couple more in your 20s, a small one or two in your 30s and by the time you're 40 you actually have been around long to see have a good grasp on the real world.

She is too young and I'll equipped to play the game she is trying to play. Too narrow minded, too singular and too rigid. She needs to drop it and try again in a couple decades.

That moment she had on TV and the internet I'm guessing is going to be the beginning of her end. She isn't strong enough yet to keep pushing. Her ego took a strong hit and cracked it. You won't see her raging and confident anymore. At least not like she was.

Reactions: hariseldon

HarryKS

Jan 24, 2010
Population growth has been slowing down, I don't think we need to worry too much about that, not for the reasons we're currently talking about anyway.

No one's saying it, but the truth is that people don't pass away as quickly as they did before. We currently have 5 gens cohabiting on this planet. 5.
The wonders of technology have meant a new challenge. It's also causing a lack of liquidity or transmission of wealth and patrimony and using the dollar instead of the gold standard has made it harder to deal with.
Basically, we live in a bubble. Young, educated people have succumbed to the trend of not having children and a lack of direction, or grand idea of what the future ought to be has pushed us into the arms of Thanatos.

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland
I've been watching these threads for a little while and my full take is:

1: I believe what she's saying is correct and she has everyone talking about climate change for now BUT
2: Why her? And I think that's the issue that's getting most people here. If it was a man in his 30s making this speech people would be less upset NOT because she's a woman and were all mysogynists like the media keeps deflecting to but because she's very clearly used as a sympathetic character and paraded around as such which is running people the wrong way.

This is actually a smart move by the climate change movement though if you think about it. If you insult her personally and her speeches like people always do with people with positions of power or people in the spotlight .. then you are a 'manbaby'.

Problem is this shuts down conversation.

If they're wondering why Trump got elected this is why and why he will get elected again.

3: There are people on this thread arguing that she should be giving out proper scientific advice to companies to improve things BUT that clearly isn't what she's there for and in fairness she is just used to grab people's attention in one of the worst ways and she is in fairness doing this successfully, the rest could follow.

4: I fear for her, I don't think this will last long and the movement should shut this down and find a new figure head before it goes too far for her and the entire movement.
If I was the climate change guys I would introduce a scientist as a guest in her next big speech and talk about improvements etc, phase her out slowly

But the fact is .. people don't like facts, facts are boring, catchy dramatic one liners are more interesting and headline grabbing and that's the biggest problem.

Last edited:

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
I've been watching these threads for a little while and my full take is:

1: I believe what she's saying is correct and she has everyone talking about climate change for now BUT
2: Why her? And I think that's the issue that's getting most people here. If it was a man in his 30s making this speech people would be less upset NOT because she's a woman and were all mysogynists like the media keeps deflecting to but because she's very clearly used as a sympathetic character and paraded around as such which is running people the wrong way.

This is actually a smart move by the climate change movement though if you think about it. If you insult her personally and her speeches like people always do with people with positions of power or people in the spotlight .. then you are a 'manbaby'.

Problem is this shuts down conversation.

If they're wondering why Trump got elected this is why and why he will get elected again.

3: There are people on this thread arguing that she should be giving out proper scientific advice to companies to improve things BUT that clearly isn't what she's there for and in fairness she is just used to grab people's attention in one of the worst ways and she is in fairness doing this successfully, the rest could follow.

4: I fear for her, I don't think this will last long and the movement should shut this down and find a new figure head before it goes too far for her and the entire movement.
If I was the climate change guys I would introduce a scientist as a guest in her next big speech and talk about improvements etc, phase her out slowly

But the fact is .. people don't like facts, facts are boring, catchy dramatic one liners are more interesting and headline grabbing and that's the biggest problem.
Incredibly well written post and excellent summary.

The one thing I would add, and thing I find most unsettling, is the fact that the obviously manipulative and underhanded bastards that are enabling and financing Greta, are also using her as a Trojan horse to get more political backing for the far left identitarian and socialist crap they believe in, just under the guise of environmentalism.

It's like the green new deal.

If it were purely all about helping the Environment, then fine, we can start off with the emotional manipulation and overblown panic and work our way back to something sensible.

But it's not really about the environment. That might be the veneer, and probably all faces and followers of the movement like this child can get their heads around. But the actual policies the people behind it all, those with the actual power, are trying to implement pay the issue lip service at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcjmetroid

Liljagare

May 8, 2013
Sweden
AntiFa are not peaceful, despite whatever lack of cohesion they want to portray around the Globe. They have flags, colors and a uniform. Unfortunately, AntiFa members tend to be pretty fucking stupid or they are surrounded by morons so they think they blend in with society.
Just like morons of X nations think their nation is peacefull.

Gothca.