• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID Autosport leaked (360/PS3/PC only)

amar212

Grid 2 was terrible with a wheel, way too arcadey. Last gen release only means the game will bomb for sure.

Will never agree. I played the complete game with the wheel, max level, and it was glorious because of overall feel.

I agree about the arcade feel, but that was IMO the complete point. Grid 2 was the best arcade experience on the wheel of past gen. It was total blast to the past to the times of arcade cabinets with the FFB wheels.

Grid 1 on the othe hand... :/

TheD

The Detective
I can not say that I am not a bit interested in this, I really need to give my racing wheel some action.

Dinjooh

Well, the meaning of "Shortly" has changed quite drastically in the past few months. Sigh...

They said DRIVECLUB would receive an update soon! They promised us that. It's only been what... 155 days since we've heard anything.. Not like i'm counting the days or anything.

I'm not getting frustrated, nope, not at all.

ibijrN0VMS234m.gif

Razyl

For GRID Autosport we’ve gone back to a more authentic handling style. It’s definitely not a full simulation – we want it to be authentic, not clinical – but it’s more towards that end of the spectrum than before. If anything, we believe the handling is actually one or two steps further towards simulation than Race Driver: GRID, to give you an idea.

That sounds nice.

geordiemp

Nah not falling for the 'no next gen' then releases on Ps4 / One in 3 months to get people to double dip....

Its getting old pretty quick this last gen / pause / next gen releases to milk the early adopters....

Not buying any last gen games, period, do you hear me devs !

MaxiLive

I really enjoyed that trailer, something different compared to the usual racing game ones!

Hints at cockpit cam returning too :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
thinking about it though - last gen (or PC) at least means my DFGT will work. Still haven't heard about legacy wheel support on the new machines (and doubt we'll get it)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm all over this game. I love Codemasters minus all the fluff between races and they are talking like they are defluffing this one.

Also, I am not surprised to see it is a multi-discipline game. It is an unfortunate truth that racing as a whole is on the decline. Gran Turismo and the like have been pushing a broad approach and that set a narrative for the whole scene. It's not that a more focused game can't be good, but that even if one were, the market isn't there anymore to justify the budgets required. The days of something like Colin McRae or alternatively Sega Rally as hit games are pretty much over.

NoPiece

Is it possible they are just holding back the next gen announcement for an on stage announcement at E3, which is just a couple weeks before the release date? Sony and MS should want this game on next gen, and it can't be too big a deal to get the PC version running.

Regardless, day 1 on PC for me.

Omni

I only played the first one but this could be a nice title to finish out the generation with before getting my Xbone in fall.

Certainly sounds good. Announcement is rather late though, no?

ViciousDS

Banned
BLEH, no current gen no buy....I'm sick of using my ps3......even a nice port I would take it's not hard to just release the thing on the newer hardware. Honestly at this point I don't even care if it's not a major bump, but just so I can use party chat and crap on my ps4.....the fact that I went from 360 to ps3 and lost that feature to regain it again on ps4, does not make me want to give it up again.

Sounds great in all accounts, but I totally expected a next-gen game. Don't know if I will buy it for PS3...

But Next-Gen GRID will be a thing sometime, right CodiesLoore?

Hopefully it will happen soon.

Sounds great in all accounts, but I totally expected a next-gen game. Don't know if I will buy it for PS3...

But Next-Gen GRID will be a thing sometime, right CodiesLoore?

Hopefully it will happen soon.

Right now we're working on getting Autosport finished and out the door, we'll take things one step at a time.

geordiemp

Right now we're working on getting Autosport finished and out the door, we'll take things one step at a time.

Ps4 needs a good racing game...and those 7 million initial buyers are the ones that have disposable income for gaming.

Last gen looks a good strategy at first, but you only have to look at sales charts to see Ps4 and xbox one games punching well above the install base...

We have 2 360's and 2 Ps3 in the house, but stopped buying games for them mid 2013 and now we have 2 Ps4's. Any good game for Ps4 we buy 2, but don't buy anything last gen anymore - we even skipped GTA 5 as would prefer to playa next gen version....

I think you guys and take 2 with their pre-sequel borderlands are miss calculating, as even with almost 12 million next gen consoles allot more will be planning to move to next gen and will have stopped buying last gen...

2San

WTF is with those cockpit views, it looks like they are just the low detail cockpits you would see from outside the car looking in.
Stuff like the air vents in the merc just look like low res textures and not geometry.
I hope this is the case because it's early footage, but yeah it would be really disappointing if this is the cockpit view. I avoided GRID2, because of the lack of cockpit view.

DieH@rd

Banned
Ps4 needs a good racing game...and those 7 million initial buyers are the ones that have disposable income for gaming.

PS4 has 3 announced car games for this year - The Crew, Drive Club and Project CARS. Most likely they will be joined by F1 2014.

Sadly, none of them will come out in the next few months.

geordiemp

Problem is too many of these companies are too much influenced by accountants, focussing on that 160 million install base.

Fact is that the 12 million next gen install base buy lots of games every month, last gen gamers are either saving for next gen or are not heavy gamers.

People want new experience, we have had enough racers on 360 / ps3, more of the same will not set the world alight....

There is a thirst for a good 1080 racing game at 60 fps on Ps4, whoever steps up to the plate will get good sales...

I am patient....

With 1 racing game available for PS4, and 2 for X1, they can't be that stupid not to release it for our new consoles. Right?
It's not a 'next gen' game. Even that decent PC footage in the trailer is not comparable to the kind of visuals people expect on PS4/One.

I'm reading in between the lines here. Codemasters might be insisting that it's an all-new game, but everything they're saying points to a quick followup to Grid 2 rather than a fully 'next-gen' realisation of Grid.

- It is coming out (relatively) soon after Grid 2.
- It is not a numbered sequel, instead sporting a spin-off name like Dirt Showdown
- "there is only so much you can achieve with patches" - shows the intent to create something that fixes Grid 2 rather than being an ambitious 'next-gen' project.

I'm not trying to be negative about the game - I think it sounds quite promising. It's the right direction for the series and it sounds like there is more than enough new content in terms of tracks, cars and modes to justify it being a full-priced release (so in that sense it is a more substantial project than Showdown), and the fact they're going back to more realistic handling is good news for me. I'm just looking at the reality of the speed of this release after Grid 2 and the tone of the information they've provided so far and offering my interpretation.

The game is a console port. Your playing a PC game that is using 9 year old hardware as the baseline. So yes, it's last gen only.

Is that true of games like Battlefield 4, Watchdogs, Destiny and even the upcoming MLB The Show? I'm glad it's at least coming to the PC because many games that came to the PC were already next gen to me long before the PS4 and XBox One came out.

I do agree with most people though, it is a mistake not having this on the PS4 and XBox One.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hope is better than last one because the first one was fantastic and the sequel was just shit.

I thought it was just me who thought that. Downloaded G2 from PS+ and had seen all the good review scores but the game just felt like a huge step back.

Top Bottom