• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Dawn |OT| It's always grimmest at dawn.

Cracklox

Be still my beating heart...

Nice. And that's a good price for an expansion with...

2 new classes.
2 new chapters.
Level cap raised to 100.
100s of new items.
40 new bosses/mini-bosses.

Well back in my day an extra class alone was worth $15. Wait...

I've pointed this out in a number of threads involving the d3, ahem, 'necro'

I think I might wait until an actual date is confirmed (or if they just do a surprise drop) and make a thread in gaming to see if I can get it a little attention. It seems all of about 5 people know about this game around these parts

Maledict

Because it was early access is suffered the same fate a lot of games had, where he the actual launch didn't really draw people in.

Definitely make a cool OT if you can, might help get people back into the game (especially as people might be tiring of D3 and PoE by then).

Purkake4

Banned
Because it was early access is suffered the same fate a lot of games had, where he the actual launch didn't really draw people in.

Definitely make a cool OT if you can, might help get people back into the game (especially as people might be tiring of D3 and PoE by then).
The game has over a million owners and 50k players in the last 2 weeks on Steam, it's not exactly unpopular...

Maledict

The game has over a million owners and 50k players in the last 2 weeks on Steam, it's not exactly unpopular...

I'm not saying it isn't (I love the game!). But in terms of mind share and activity it may as well not exist compared to the other big ARPGs out there, which I think is a shame and hopefully this expansion will rectify that.

Purkake4

Banned
I'm not saying it isn't (I love the game!). But in terms of mind share and activity it may as well not exist compared to the other big ARPGs out there, which I think is a shame and hopefully this expansion will rectify that.
To be honest I don't hear too much about any of the aRPGs. Might be a rare case of people actually playing them instead of talking about them.

Skelemancer please.

Man, when I started playing my Demo+Occultist and heard about the new expansion and Inquisitors coming out it killed my character. Because Demo+Inq was what I really wanted to be/the idea I had for that character with dual revolvers. But at least I got enough dual guns equip to transfer over to the new guy. Been waiting for this for quite some time.

Cracklox

[
Man, when I started playing my Demo+Occultist and heard about the new expansion and Inquisitors coming out it killed my character. Because Demo+Inq was what I really wanted to be/the idea I had for that character with dual revolvers. But at least I got enough dual guns equip to transfer over to the new guy. Been waiting for this for quite some time.

I have a sorcerer using the barrelsmith pistols that's been looking after my need for dual gunslinging. He goes pretty good too, considering he was one of my first characters who's stat allocation I mucked up a bit, and is basically a salvage job

I'd planned to do an Inquis/Demo first up too, but after seeing those ice traps for the inquis, I think I'll pair it with a nightblade for the cold damage and build around those.

edit - just saw this over at the official forums

attachment.php

Cracklox

Apparently the equivalent of about 2 stash new pages. From what I hear, its one new tab, but they're larger so it works out to be the about the same space as two.

In other words, not enough...

Apparently the equivalent of about 2 stash new pages. From what I hear, its one new tab, but they're larger so it works out to be the about the same space as two.

In other words, not enough...

I believe the stash pages have 2 extra columns each. Not sure what that amounts to, but I don't think it'll ever be enough lol.

Not sure if inventory space is going up, but I'm gonna need a place to put all these new components.

Cracklox

I believe the stash pages have 2 extra columns each. Not sure what that amounts to, but I don't think it'll ever be enough lol.

Not sure if inventory space is going up, but I'm gonna need a place to put all these new components.

I think I read something about more inventory space for characters, but not certain. Could've dreamed it...

Also most all of new components are of the craftable only variety, so those at least shouldn't need too much extra space.

Forward

I was in it so long before release, it is not even funny. The nicest thing about being an early Founder was getting two copies of the game. But getting this Expansion "for free" (I donated... $75?, I think, back in the day) on both copies, is a strong second place.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was there a beta for the expansion, and if so, anyone played it?

I want to know if the new Necromancer class is finally a "proper" pet class in the game. I tried the play the game on 3 seperate ocasions, and always dropped it because I never could get a satisfying pet class going.

Purkake4

Banned

I want to know if the new Necromancer class is finally a "proper" pet class in the game. I tried the play the game on 3 seperate ocasions, and always dropped it because I never could get a satisfying pet class going.
You're not wrong about that. Most fun I had was with a rifle build.

How hard is it to remake the damn skelemancer from D2?

My most successful build was a pet build that could maintain like 4 permanent pets and like 3 or 4 temp ones. The issue was that it was very item dependent as several pets were linked to gear.

Cracklox

No open beta as such. Crate use alot of long time, trusted community members to playtest, which has been going on over the last month or so.

As for the necro it'll be a proper pet class. The summon skeltons skill allow for 8 skellies (before ultimate ranks, which will likely allow for more) which can be buffed with an aura skill. It also can summon up to 3 blight fiends, which can be used as stronger, tanky summons or to detonate in things faces. They also have reap spirit which is a strong, short term summon on enemy death. There's also 4 more skeletons and various beasts you can get from devotions. Then you combine that with say occultist who can summon a raven and a hellhound, AND then all the summoning gear you can combine that with that have inbuilt summons, both perma and temp (yeti's, manticores, ghosts, scarabs and much more, before even going into new expansion gear) you're starting to look at a pretty big army.

Pet classes, are pretty gear dependent too. My third character was a summon based conjurer who I dropped for a long time around the end of elite because I didn't have alot of the things I needed to make it work. I revisited it more recently with 12-1300 hours more worth of playtime to accumulate some stuff, and he works alot better now. Although I'm waiting for necro/occultist to go all in on a summoner

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i just found out there are class mods and whatnot for Grim Dwn, not unlike Torchlight (which is how I played the game), I installed this Dail mod which is supposed to compile them all but when I level up I still only get the 6 vanilla classes? Help?

edit: nvm seems you have to make a custom game

Lanrutcon

Righto, completed Monster Hunter Stories, D:OS 2 and Battle Chasers.

Now I have to somehow do Grim Dawn: AoM and Etrian Odyssey V before Destiny 2. No chance >.<

2017 is fucking crazy.

Does everyone know what they are gonna play :D, I'm definitely going Reaper (Necro + Nightblade)

I have a Nightblade ready to go just past Logghorean, but I'm unsure if I'll stick with dual wield or grab a 2H scythe for full aesthetic mode.

Does everyone know what they are gonna play :D, I'm definitely going Reaper (Necro + Nightblade)

I have a Nightblade ready to go just past Logghorean, but I'm unsure if I'll stick with dual wield or grab a 2H scythe for full aesthetic mode.

My plan for my first inquisitor is Inq+demolitionist. Got a demo ready around level 40 with no second mastery. It'll probably be dual wield fire strike + inq gun procs. Itemization TBD.

First Necro is going to be Necro + Occultist. Gonna try maximizing a pet build and seeing how it works. I think Reaper would be my second Necro but 2 characters is going to take long enough lol.

I was hoping to jump into the expansion today but my credit card was locked and cancelled over the weekend due to a fraudulent charge. Gonna be a couple days still until the replacement arrives. What crap timing!

Cracklox

I'm not going to be able to get into it for a day or 2 after release as well. Stoopid real life.

As for first new toon, it'll be a nightblade/inquis with a focus on those awesome cold traps

Redshirt

Banned
So what performance improvements are expected with the engine overhaul?

I got it running pretty well setting core affinities, but the microstutter was still there at times.

I've played through GD twice, but never returned to it like I do D3 and PoE.

But now I have a long stretch where I can focus on this, so looking forward to it.

Cracklox

So what performance improvements are expected with the engine overhaul?

I got it running pretty well setting core affinities, but the microstutter was still there at times.

I've played through GD twice, but never returned to it like I do D3 and PoE.

But now I have a long stretch where I can focus on this, so looking forward to it.

Hard to say. From the patch notes

The game engine has received a major overhaul to its renderer, allowing the game to run on DirectX11. While results will vary from system to system, this will generally result in improved performance.

From what I hear from people testing, it's a nice improvement though. Weather i'll even notice on my aging pc though is another story. I'm generally not too sensitive to performance issues in games. So long as I'm not getting single digit frame-rates and that sort of stuff, I'm usually good

Cracklox

Almost time, lads.

For you lot maybe :(

It'll be around 4am here when it drops and I have much things to do tomorrow. Won't be able to get into it until later on tomorrow night, but I've cleared out my schedule for a few days afterwards at least

Lanrutcon

For you lot maybe :(

It'll be around 4am here when it drops and I have much things to do tomorrow. Won't be able to get into it until later on tomorrow night, but I've cleared out my schedule for a few days afterwards at least

Think it drops in 1:56.

Purifier? hmmm....

Top Bottom