• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Fandango movie rumors, Tim Burton to be the director....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

http://themoviecenter.wordpress.com/2006/07/07/dia-de-los-muertos/

Tim Burton’s future projects: “Well, I’m currently woerking on Sweeny Todd, which will be released in mid-2007. After that, I’m gonna start working on a new script that was sent to me recently: Grim Fandango. It sort of follows the style of The nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride. It’s about a surreal land of the dead, some sort of purgatory where everyone goes when they die. In that place, dead people have to make a four-year transition before they can rest in peace for all the eternity. I still don’t know when we’re going to start filming this, though.

Just a rumor at this point, but who knows, If they can pull this off properly it could very easily
be the best game to movie adaption. The game itself is very cinematic so with the right writers we could see one amazing movie.

OMG DONT FUNK WITH MY HEART

this could be so good but Corpse Bride was kind of uninspired so I don't know I hope they get the original voice cast I hope there aren't any song oh man please keep the art style and the witty humor

Coop

i hope they get the original cast and maybe it will improve sales of the game. if this is true of course

Wollan

Kinda ot but before Nightmare before Xmas, Tim Burton made a demo reel of the movie technique, is this reel available to watch online somewhere?

E-phonk

Banned
Grim Fandango: The Movie ?
I'd buy that for a dollar!

No seriously - that idea would be too fanboyis-good to ever come true.

Amir0x

Banned
May i ask... what exactly is this website? It's like some blog... why should i believe this is any legit info?

If it ever did get made and released, I bet EA would get the license for the film and make shitty platformers for every console HOORAY!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Considering that this reads too good to be true and that no other site (via Google News) seems to have picked up on this nearly week old news, I think this web site stinks.

[many tears]

eXxy said:
The fact that the 'about' page isn't even filled out makes me think it's someone f'ing with fans, creating the illusion of a real interview with quotes from other Burton comments.
It does have a bunch of other previous entries though, none of which have anything to do with video games or Tim Burton.

E-phonk

Banned
Ford Prefect said:
Now this is a videogame movie I can get behind!

(now to find my lost copy of the game and actually beat it!)
doesn't work on xp :( crashes on my pc after about five to ten minutes into the game

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
*whew* So this is fake? Burton doesn't belong anywhere near this amazing story.

I would also accept nothing less than all the people of the original vocal cast.

Edit: The quote about the story isn't even correct.

Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap.

For the love of god, please be true.

cabel

Stopsign said:
Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap. Holy Crap.

Not true. Not true. Not true. Not true. Not true. Not true.

For the record, Tim Schafer says he's never heard of this. (Thanks, Jake.)

Abandon all hope all ye who enter this thread.

Senretsu

I loved this game. The voice acting, story, and characters were great!

Not sure how a movie would be, but anything grim fandango is fine with me (please don't ruin it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom