• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Guardians: Demon Purge - Project Kickoff Trailer (Inti Creates 2D action platformer)

Bullet Club

SJUgA9T.jpg

BIa19No.jpg

ePAKqp1.jpg

jKQ1By7.jpg

When a demon's castle darkens the land, two sisters challenge its halls.

Together they can break the curse.

Development has begun on a 2D action platformer starring two demon hunters on a mission to save their school!

Players take control of the two sisters with different attacks and capabilities to challenge the demon castle and the bosses waiting within. Discover new routes through the castle using the sisters' unique abilities!

The stars of Grim Guardians are the long-distance focused “Shinobu Kamizono” and the close-range brawler “Maya Kamizono.” Players will need to consider the situation when choosing which sister to control as they make their way through the castle, investigating the mystery of what happened to their school and its students.

Other features include 2-player co-op with special actions, extensive difficulty options with the “Style System,” unique changes on repeat plays, and most importantly the quality and challenge players have come to expect from Inti Creates titles, this time with a new gothic horror aesthetic.

[Product Information]

Title: Grim Guardians: Demon Purge
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Steam(PC)  
Genre: Action Platformer
Rating: Pending
Players: 1-2
Release Date: TBD
Price: TBD

Dancer_BV

This game actually looks like it could be a lot of fun! I like a lot of the abilities and animations and the pixel art looks neat.

It seems like it would be a lot of fun in co-op since each character is good at a different role.

When I first saw it, I didn't expect it to be coming out on the PS5, for example. I was thinking of getting it on Steam. But I'm looking forward to playing it!

Holammer

Glorious pixel art, that's what I hoped Bloodstained would look like, instead of the cheap-ass 2.5d art.
Some clever looking gameplay mechanics there too.

CamHostage

Crazy how many games Inti Creates makes. I don't love all their stuff (they went too heavy with combo-ranking combat systems in Gunvolt and games like it, I prefer just plain action/progression with a combo points maybe as a bonus) but what's good is pretty danged good and they play in classic 2D genres/subgenres that I like to see more of.

I'd probably prefer the lack of character switching, but otherwise, this currently looks like something that's up my alley. For another small nitpick, hearing the "aye aye, sir" voice sample could get kinda annoying, after a while.

Shifty

Well, that announcer is no Don LaFontaine. Was half expecting him to roll out EX CLU SIVE like it's some Xbox game award :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The game itself looks solid, though X and Zero have let themselves go a bit this gen...

The only things that stand out as questionable are the lack of a dash button, and the squeaky callout pause every time you switch characters. Hopefully there's an option to shut that up and make it instant.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
This looks pretty cool, assuming it is a Castlevania like game.

+ These guys did the bloodstained spin off games right?

Loved both of them :)

Last edited:
I want to add that I really love Inti Creates. They developed some pretty good platformers like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and its sequel. They also developed Mega Man ZX which is my favorite Mega Man title.

Last edited:

Dane

I tought this was a parody spin off of Bloodstained and that the succubus was Miriam in the first promo image.

Last edited:
Top Bottom