• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gripshift for XBLA PR and images

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just got this press release and images:
GRIPSHIFT® TO RACE ONTO XBOX LIVE® ARCADE

Wellington, New Zealand - November 28, 2007 - Sidhe Interactive, industry leading developer of cross platform titles, today announced that their award-winning driving platformer title, GripShift®, is headed to Xbox LIVE® Arcade (XBLA), the premier destination for digitally distributed, high-definition original and classic games. Available this year, the Xbox LIVE Arcade-exclusive title features updated graphics, improved controls and additional single and multiplayer content, including new Challenge courses and a Deathmatch mode.

"Veteran players and newcomers to the game will both find something to love in this definitive version of GripShift," said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe Interactive. "We've added a substantial amount of new content, including new single player courses and a multiplayer Deathmatch mode for players bent on dominating their friends or climbing to the top of the leaderboards."

GripShift brings the action online to Xbox LIVE Arcade with an abundance of new content, including upgraded graphics, Deathmatch mode and new race courses. Additionally, unlockable achievements and TrueSkill Leaderboard functionality will keep Xbox 360 owners coming back to race their way to glory!

1237_0001.jpg

1237_0002.jpg

1237_0003.jpg

1237_0004.jpg

1237_0005.jpg

1237_0006.jpg

1237_0007.jpg

1237_0008.jpg

1237_0009.jpg

1237_0010.jpg

1237_0011.jpg

1237_0012.jpg

1237_0013.jpg

1237_0014.jpg

1237_0015.jpg

pswii60

'upgraded graphics'?

Mario, can you spill the beans? :)

Blimblim said:
I've played it for about 30 minutes, never went back. I really don't see the point of that game :/

eh!? You have to complete the (normally 3) tasks (timed, star fetch, gs token) on the level to get to the next? Or do racing or multiplayer. Like most old-skool games?

llTll said:
this is a good game people. buy it

Not until MS fix their DRM issues. I will not spend a dime on anything on the marketplace until they fix it. I stopped buying things on the marketplace since June or July.

nofi

AndyPants said:
Great game. Played the heck out of the PS3 version. Will the PS3 get some of the new features as an addon?

Mario promised a level editor a while back, so hopefully.

360 version looks great - Gripshift is a wicked game.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
pswii60 said:
'upgraded graphics'?
from the pics, looks like more particle effects, at least. I don't remember the smoke trails for rockets or dust trails behind cars in the PS3 version.

ElNino

Phoenix Fang said:
Not until MS fix their DRM issues. I will not spend a dime on anything on the marketplace until they fix it. I stopped buying things on the marketplace since June or July.
Your loss I guess. Seriously that's pretty silly to not buy a game/content you like because of how the DRM works. I agree it's not the best solution and it would be good if we could transfer the console part of it permanently to a different console, but you can still play the games just fine with your Live profile if you happen to be using a different console than the original.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
pswii60 said:
eh!? You have to complete the (normally 3) tasks (timed, star fetch, gs token) on the level to get to the next? Or do racing or multiplayer. Like most old-skool games?
Well I understand that very well, but I simply didn't find it fun or interesting.

pswii60

dark10x said:
I dunno either. They look pretty much the same to me (though the 360 version seems to be lacking AF)

Like pretty much every other game :/

Is AF possible on the 360?

Blimblim said:
Well I understand that very well, but I simply didn't find it fun or interesting.

Fair enough. My issue with the game is that the physics aren't interesting enough. It would me more fun with Rainbow Studio's MX vs ATV physics engine, obviously with a few tweaks for the gravity defying stuff.

llTll

Banned
Blimblim said:
I've played it for about 30 minutes, never went back. I really don't see the point of that game :/

you need to play more. where you get the cool levels to play. the first 20 is more like tutorial about the game

Blimblim

The Inside Track
llTll said:
you need to play more. where you get the cool levels to play. the first 20 is more like tutorial about the game
I'll give it another try one day if I have some free time (yeah, right...).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The PS3 version was around 250 Meg - I wonder if Mario can comment on whether XBLA filesize restrictions have been further relaxed or if they've managed to compress the game further. If the latter, I hope it's not at the expense of the music selection which was absolutely fantastic in the PS3 version.

pswii60

kaching said:
The PS3 version was around 250 Meg - I wonder if Mario can comment on whether XBLA filesize restrictions have been further relaxed or if they've managed to compress the game further. If the latter, I hope it's not at the expense of the music selection which was absolutely fantastic in the PS3 version.

It was, but I predict there'll only be a few tracks in the 360 version. They'll use the integrated 'custom soundtracks' as a reason for there being 'no need' for all the music from the PS3 version. Or something.

AndyPants

kaching said:

Indeed, the music is awesome. Some of the best in a DL game.

Ranger X

And it seems it's true that there are some graphic enhancements (even if it appears to be very minor). As an example, the wheels and cars aren't gathering snow in the PS3 version.

Gowans

Ok for GAFs reaction here this will be a insta purchase for me

tho I did get stung with Novadrome (its Carmagedon with online how can it be bad)

and

Mad Tracks (Online kart style racing plus mini games its gotta be good)

I have high hopes GS is the fun racer Im looking for.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blimblim said:
I didn't say it was new ;)
The images are supposed to be new though :D
Edit: I guess I missed the IGN thread about it. At least my topic has images :)

Yea, I don't think those images are new either, IGN has them and a trailer to boot.

stuminus3

Seriously, what's up with the 360 and AF? Textures would really pop on a game like that with just a little AF applied. Is there some technical reason for the lack of AF on so many 360 games? I thought we were several years past it causing a gigantic performance hit, is someone trying to tell me there's certain things a Radeon 9700 Pro (!) does better than the 360?

ElNino said:
Your loss I guess. Seriously that's pretty silly to not buy a game/content you like because of how the DRM works. I agree it's not the best solution and it would be good if we could transfer the console part of it permanently to a different console,

Not my loss at all. More like MS loss and because of MS, the small developers like this one will lose on sales. Also you can bet I'm not the only person with that stance. I'm not going to keep giving them money when they have a shitty console that breaks down on a whim and I have to sit on the phone for over an hour trying to get my points back. Then after all that it takes about another 2 weeks to get them to refund that. Screw that shit, I don't need to put up with that garbage. I'm a hardcore gamer but not a foolish one.

but you can still play the games just fine with your Live profile if you happen to be using a different console than the original.

My wife, kids and nephews like playing the arcade games. They each have their own account and I don't allow anyone else to use my account. So they don't have access to any of the stuff even when they are connected online. Also I get disconnected from the internet at least 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes for a few minutes other times for a few hours.

So like I've said, MS isn't going to see a dime from me until they fix their DRM issues. They already have enough money from me.

m0dus said:
childish diatribes aside, you spent time on the phone trying to get 'points back?' when each purchase is clearly listed as non-refundable? Are you somehow unable to sign-in to live on your new console? I merely ask because you are banging your head against the wall of your own volition, if not.

Well maybe MS should put in thier clause that their crappy console breaks down frequently. :lol I can't believe people are even defending and bashing people for this crap.

800 points, with right trigger as accelerate and you've got yourself a deal.

I could probably stretch to 1200, but I might have to wait until next year then.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
steverulez said:
800 points, with right trigger as accelerate and you've got yourself a deal.

I could probably stretch to 1200, but I might have to wait until next year then.

Gripshift PS3 was $9.99, so this is probably gonna be 800 pts. But I'd pay 1200 pts if it included the track editor too.

Top Bottom