• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Countdown: Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2012.

Good call on Wii U. I think it's everybody's most anticipated. Even people sure it's going to be a horrible flop like me, are burning with curiosity. I wasnt sure how they'd handle it since none of the big Wii U titles are announced, but this was a good way.

Some of the other choices are weird. Last of Us>Halo 4? Tomb Raider #2, AC3#3? Sure those are anticipated but I dont know if they belong that high...also for me Crysis 3 should be on the list.

Isn't Metro Last Light in developer hell? IE may not even come out?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wish I could. That's the problem.

Then why complain that most of the anticipated games of E3 are sequels? I know people want new IPs, but when you build a list of games you want to see the most at E3 (thus, has to be games you know about or at least hinted/rumoured) you can't really just pull new IPs out of nowhere.

Though I guess they could have put a "New IPs" entry in the list or something.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Wow. Can't agree with any of it but the WII U stuff. None of those interest me except what Nintendo is doing with the WII U and what games are coming for it.

rdrr gnr

What do you mean .......and?
It's not like games are an iterative medium, right?

I enjoy anticipating a new sequel just as much as a new IP. What titles have or have not proceeded a game are not inherent measures of said game's quality. To measure the quality of posts that rant incoherently about "sequels" anytime a major gaming event occurs, well, that's another matter.

watership

Everyone is hyping Tomb Raider. Where is that coming from? that faux gameplay vid from last e3? I think after E3 Halo hype will be at the top of this list.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Also, where the hell is Overstrike? Haven't heard a damn thing about it since it was announced.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's ranked by budget.
Aren't most hyped games are?

Can't say I'm interested in anything on that list. Safe sequels, boring new takes, etc. Maybe Metal Gear Revengerance, just because its Platinum, but the initial reveal didn't look hot at all.

It's not like games are an iterative medium, right?

I enjoy anticipating a new sequel just as much as a new IP. What titles have or have not proceeded a game are not inherent measures of said game's quality. To measure the quality of posts that rant incoherently about "sequels" anytime a major gaming event occurs, well, that's another matter.

What's wrong with sequels?

I don't have a problem with sequels. I would just say that it would definitely be good for the "flock" to add some new blood every once and a while. 9/10 most excited for things are sequels? I think we could do better than that. Look at summer blockbusters, there is a fair share of new movies and then a fair share of sequels every year. Granted not exactly the same industries but you get what I mean.

Name me 10 new IPs that will be at E3, I dare you.

Actually...

1. Dust 514 (CCP)
2. Outernauts (EA)
3. Dragon Commander (Larian Studios)
4. Raiderz (Perfect World Entertainment)
5. Eador: Masters of the Broken World (Snowbird Game Studios)
6. Free Realms (SOE)
7. Sleeping Dogs (Square-Enix)
8. Quantum Conundrum (Square-Enix)
9. Heroes of Ruin (Square-Enix)
10. End of Nations (Trion)
11. KickBeat (Zen Studios)

Kabouter

Just going by what's seen in the video
#10 looks ridiculous.
#9 looks amazing graphically, but not that special otherwise.
#8 would look cool if not for that horrible instincts system. Seeing through walls? :/
#7 is just not my thing.
#6 looks like Halo, not much more to say about it. If you like Halo it's probably good I guess.
#5 doesn't look that special.
#4 is impossible to judge by the video shown.
#3 looks really cool, hopefully the game delivers.
#2 I remember this video from last E3, ultra-linear press A to awesome garbage. Hopefully the rest of the game offers something to actually do to the player.
#1 N/A, looking forward to seeing what they show for the Wii U though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Actually...

1. Dust 514 (CCP)
2. Outernauts (EA)
6. Free Realms (SOE)

You won this round, Cheesemeister. This time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Actually...

1. Dust 514 (CCP)
2. Outernauts (EA)
6. Free Realms (SOE)

Though I'm not entirely sure what will be at it. To add a few more.

1.Dishonored (Arkane)
2.Hawken (Adhesive)
3.Anarchy Reigns(Platinum Games)
4.War of the Roses(Paradox)
5.World of Battleships(Wargaming)
6.Dust: An Eslyain Tail(Noogy From Gaf)

Yanksfan

Do we really not know how most of those games like Assassin's Creed III or Halo 4 are going to be?

I won't mind playing them when they eventually come out, but I probably won't waste one second wanting details on them beforehand.

Must be something wrong with me. I'm not interested in any of those titles.

Except maybe #1, but that's not a real answer anyway.

Cheska

I love me some Tomb Raider, but I haven't seen enough hype or talk about it to believe it's actually #2 on that list >.<

Top Bottom