• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Goku is the next FighterZ DLC character. Yup.

Nickolaidas

Banned
ANOTHER Goku.

GT *kid* Goku.

ANOTHER one.

It was revealed in this month's V-Jump. Scans will come later, definitely.

Jesus F*&king Christ.

As I wrote on another forum, no one is debating ArcSYS' ability to make any character interesting. Anyone. ArcSYS could make Yajirobe and make him just as fun to play as Vegetto or SSB Goku. No one disputes that.

The point, however, is that this game is supposed to cater to fans of CHARACTERS as well, not just playstyles and functions. Goku fans had their fill. They got 3 to 6 (depending on one's view) different Gokus, while people who want to play as Kefla, Gero, Roshi, #19, Zarbon, Super Buu, Janemba, Cabba, Raditz etc etc etc etc keep waiting for their fave character while Goku fans get YET ANOTHER Goku.

What's next? Omen Goku? 23rd Budokai Goku, Goku training with Gohan for the Cell Games Goku? Zamasu arc Trunks? Kid Vegeta? Teen Vegeta?

Give us new characters - ACTUAL new characters this game has yet to see. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
I think you are wrong my friend. Arc System Works has no involvement when it comes to the roster (and maybe even the game mechanics). You should be blaming Bandai/Namco

Last edited:
Well lots of people were clamoring for Kid Goku for some reason. Course they weren't asking for GT version but well...be careful what you wish for.

Saber

Gold Member
Another one lol? And a GT Goku? Of all Gokus, they pick from this trash?

Ew

As a sidenote, why not pick those wolf characters from Super? Or the robot? Or like you said, Yajirobe? Whats wrong with them?

Last edited:

Barnabot

I know that I may get trouble for this low effort meme but I think makes justice to what Bamco thinks about anyone who wanted the game to have even more different chars. More Gokus to everybody. Screw the rest.

bTta0eg.gif

Last edited:

Codes 208

ANOTHER Goku.

GT *kid* Goku.

ANOTHER one.

Jesus F*&king Christ.

As I wrote on another forum, no one is debating ArcSYS' ability to make any character interesting. Anyone. ArcSYS could make Yajirobe and make him just as fun to play as Vegetto or SSB Goku. No one disputes that.

The point, however, is that this game is supposed to cater to fans of CHARACTERS as well, not just playstyles and functions. Goku fans had their fill. They got 3 to 6 (depending on one's view) different Gokus, while people who want to play as Kefla, Gero, Roshi, #19, Zarbon, Super Buu, Janemba, Cabba, Raditz etc etc etc etc keep waiting for their fave character while Goku fans get YET ANOTHER Goku.

What's next? Omen Goku? 23rd Budokai Goku, Goku training with Gohan for the Cell Games Goku? Zamasu arc Trunks? Kid Vegeta? Teen Vegeta?

Give us new characters - ACTUAL new characters this game has yet to see. Enough is enough.
Just a quick couple of mentions.

1. Scans are banned here, if people want to see them, they’ll figure out where to look.

2. Of all the gokus they could add, I would honestly prefer omen or UIM goku over this. I mean who the fuck asked for gt kid goku? Why not SSJ4 Gogeta or Omega shenron or Babi to represent GT? (If at all, honestly to me GT can fall into the pit of never happened don’t talk about it EVER)

Nickolaidas

Banned
1. Scans are banned here, if people want to see them, they’ll figure out where to look.

Oh, I *know* about the policy. I didn't mean me - I meant what you said: soon, people will be able to see for themselves pictures of the announcement from the magazine.

Thanks for helping out, though. :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

kunonabi

I expected another goku this pass but i certainly didnt see GT kid goku coming. Videl is probably going to end up being the only good addition from the whole pass.

Shifty

Seriously? Why would they legitimize GT like that when they could have had Kid Goku from original Dragonball?

I guess power levels and all of that, but still. Gross.

Codes 208

Well this makes 4 but if you want to count Black, Bardock and Vegito then it's already possible. :messenger_savoring:
If you count every character that involves goku it’s actually 8.85
-base, Ssj, ssjb, goku black make up 1 point each. Making 4.
-gohan is .5 goku and since there’s 2 Gohan’s that’s another point.
-gotenks is 25% because of goten being half of the fusion. So that’s 5.25 so far.
-vegito and Gogeta make up another point for being half gokus. (6.25)
-merged zamasu is another half goku. (6.75)
Bardock is goku’s dad making him a double goku so 2 points. (8.75)
-and last but not least Cell is made up of around 10% of goku’s dna so that’s 8.85.

And now 9.85 with GT goku.

Jon Neu

Banned
They could had original Kid Goku, which is far cooler and has unique fighting styles with the Kinton Cloud, the magic stick, etc...

And if they want to include GT, they have cool designs like Goku SSJ4, Baby Vegeta, Uub...

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Putting GT characters in this game is going to turn a lot of long time fans away from this game also future games

Zephir

I find the lack of ultra instinct goku kinda strange...in xenoverse 2 they were so quick to add him...of course, they could add him as the other DLC character but i highly doubt it'll be him this time

also, why we're still missing mr.satan?

Dada55000

Why the fuck bother with GT, only to pick the worst fucking choice imaginable. GT kid Goku is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Literally every other potential GT pick is better, Baby Vegeta, Super 17, the twins, Syn/Omega, SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Gogeta. Picked the one that nobody in their right minds would want. I'd even take Pan or Majuub over this thing. Like, it's not even a design where you would go, "yeah, it'd probably look cool executed in this artstyle".

Seriously? Why would they legitimize GT like that when they could have had Kid Goku from original Dragonball?

I guess power levels and all of that, but still. Gross.
If I had to guess, they wanted Kid Goku, but they didn't want to bother making the cloud for flying. (PLus some extra moves and gimmicks come with the GT ver.) So they pick the next worst thing. GT kid Goku. The thing people that want kid Goku don't want, and the thing people that want GT stuff also do not want. Cheers.

Putting GT characters in this game is going to turn a lot of long time fans away from this game also future games
This reads like something someone who's knowledge of DB comes from salty internet fanboys would think.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
ANOTHER Goku.

GT *kid* Goku.

ANOTHER one.

Jesus F*&king Christ.

Amazing is like Saint Seiya games.. the fucking same character for 3 or 4 space rosters, what a waste of space.
maxresdefault.jpg

Will could change the Name: Dragon Ball Fighterz: Goku?

thats one of many things that i hate from arc system works,

The pathetic ways to enter the DLC.

their editions of each year, where the novelty is 2 new characters and 2 scenarios.

Waiting almost 4 editions (Years) to have the definitive of their games.

The lazy way to use the same Guilty Gear Unreal Engine 3 for fighting games, with few innovations.

Last edited:

Psajdak

Banned
I haven't played FighterZ, but about GT...

In last few years, I had a big Dragon Ball marathon where I was watching everything DB available with english subs, in order of airing, and naturally, I saw GT as well.
It had its problems, but it was far from the biggest garbage in the universe everyone described it as.

As for why are they giving another Goku, this time his GT self; look, I myself always thought Goku was stealing screentime way too much, and at this point I actually prefer much more many other characters, than him, but fact is, Goku is symbol of Dragon Ball franchise, he's a main character, and like it, or not, it will stay that way.

Fake

Amazing is like Saint Seiya games.. the fucking same character for 3 or 4 space rosters, what a waste of space.
maxresdefault.jpg

Well, in Saint Seya defense they have way more chars in that game than this Dragon Ball Z Fighter. To be honest, my brother get this game waiting for a huge list of char, but we played and kinda very very dissapointed.
Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is IMO by far the best of all Dragon Ball games and the list of chars in that game is giant. If I were not so fan of Dragon Ball series probably had ignored this ZFighters. Is very depressing in both list of chars, mechanics and that ridiculus auto combo system.
I still can't believe they made a f$%¨$# number 17 as a DLC char. I mean, WTF?

Last edited:

Fbh

I don't own or play this game but the thread title still made me think "another Goku?".

Also it's weird to go with GT kid Goku over just regular kid Goku

this is starting to become like final bout, where more than half of the roster was goku in his various forms.

Last edited:

Thurible

Guys, we all know that baby Pan would kick gt Goku in the dragonballz. Put that sweet little one in!

dragon-ball-super-043-pan-powers-up.gif

Bonus: GT Baby pan (also acceptable over goku).

super_baby_pan_2_by_brolyeuphyfusion9500-d8ox1ol.png

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Why not some of the Z bad guys who aren't in the game yet? Then again they will take my suggestion and think I wanted Turles.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Cursed timeline. Should have been SSJ4, Baby Vegeta or the last Shenron guy.
You'll get these guys and enjoy it

They already infected Xenoverse with their dance and it's only a matter of time before they reach FighterZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaqazooloo

I actually like GT Goku, but c'mon, seriously? Do we always have to have 20 Goku's per Dragon Ball game? They aren't even ashamed of it.

Barnabot

Maybe there's a logic behind the chars you get from the FighterZ's fighter pass: for every two different char which are not Goku-like you get a Goku-like in the following.

Top Bottom