• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Goku is the next FighterZ DLC character. Yup.

SweetShark

You know...I am not a big DB fan, but I would LOVE to see for DLC Uub who Goku fought at the end of DBZ.

latest

What happened to this character?

Javthusiast

Banned
I don't need GT Goku. Either give me kid goku, cause with the stick, cloud and his earlier martial arts moves he would be more fun to play than just small super saiyan goku, or give me ssj4 goku, the best thing gt has produced. Still think ssj4 form is ten times better than any stupid rainbow form in db super.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
DB characters all look alike anyway outside the obviously alien characters. Why ya'll mad?

Banned
GT Goku is the cutest Goku design wise tho... at least he has that going for him lol.

and I too am perplexed that they gave him an SSJ3 transformation and not SSJ4... like why?

iconmaster

Banned
And people joke about Goku in Smash. There’s no Goku left. You can’t add him to Smash because ArcSys has taken it all.

Nymphae

Banned
18_kidgoku01.jpg

I would think people would be excited about him, it's not just a palate swap look, he's a new model, and it's such a classic Goku. If I was still playing this, I'd be excited to see him rock the pole and cloud.

The Snake

It's especially weird because no one asked for this. I've been seeing a lot of requests for more female characters (Something I agree with), and then they release this. Come on.

Saber

Gold Member
18_kidgoku01.jpg

I would think people would be excited about him, it's not just a palate swap look, he's a new model, and it's such a classic Goku. If I was still playing this, I'd be excited to see him rock the pole and cloud.

Err..dude, his face is basically the same as the current Goku. But I guess this is GT kid Goku after all.

Jon Neu

Banned
Doesn't look bad actually,

I'm sure they are going to give him an alternative original kid Goku clothes.

royox

It's especially weird because no one asked for this. I've been seeing a lot of requests for more female characters (Something I agree with), and then they release this. Come on.

We got Videl on last set and besides Kefla there's no other "female character" worth joining a DB roster.

Fake

'feedback'. Actually what I asked before the game release was number 17, and they put as a DLC...

Jon Neu

Banned
We got Videl on last set and besides Kefla there's no other "female character" worth joining a DB roster.

You can already play a full female team with A18, A21 and Videl.

Maybe they can add Zangya, Arale, Lunch or Bulma in a mech.

Dada55000

Maybe they can add Zangya, Arale, Lunch or Bulma in a mech.
Jesus Christ there's not a more horrible selection of characters possible. Arale's a shitty cameo character that's been in DB for a cup of coffee for the sake of soulless cross promotion and did nothing. Lunch is a character that uses guns, the running joke being they're useless, and she never did anything of value, ie fight. Bulma is quite possibly the worst one yet, since that's pretty much the only character since day 1 who's characterisation includes her not being a combatant, put the non fighter who never fought into a fighting game as fighter, that's faithful. Who knew the horrible namek filler where she fights crabs in a mech would be this damaging.

Zangya's cool, but she's a movie villain's henchman, it'd be like adding Salza. Not against it, but extremely unlikely.

Do people really hate Chi-Chi that much for that to be a thing? I'm not much of a fan of her myself but at least she's an actual fighter.
Chi-Chi sucks because as an adult she has 0 moves other than generic punch kicks. Not even a Videl level, where she has recognisable frames for her attacks, like the kick to Spopovich. Can't fly, no named moves, no Ki. She's useless. That's why Super DB had to give her Goku's weapon, and the shitty filler arc fan from the anime, plus random Ki moves.

Her 'actual fighter' status lasted for one fight that was lighthearted and existed to give Goku a wife. Her as a child would unironically be a better pick, since she atleast has her helmet laser and boomerang blade. Unique moves! Deadly.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Can't fly, no named moves, no Ki. She's useless.
In a game where everyone has their power nerfed to the ground to be evenly matched I really don't think that matters. Besides I was mainly comparing her to Bulma who isn't a fighter at all. Also you seem to have forgotten she trained Goten so it's not like she forgot how to fight after all those years.

Dada55000

In a game where everyone has their power nerfed to the ground to be evenly matched I really don't think that matters. Besides I was mainly comparing her to Bulma who isn't a fighter at all. Also you seem to have forgotten she trained Goten so it's not like she forgot how to fight after all those years.
I'm not talking relative power the character, I'm talking anything at all that could be referenced to create a moveset. She's got nothin'. No signature punch or kick, no named blast or any other gimmick, even basic stuff like flying or generic ki blasts. You might as well create a new OC ala 21 instead.

Saber

Gold Member

Yeah. I sincerelly wonder what people think when they take account power levels. Like, most of the humans don't stand a chance if we think that way.
This game is not about that, really. Hence why its a perfect opportunity for more diversity(DB games were aways about that though).

They could go wild. Put Chichi, Yajirobe...lol even Lunch.

Dada55000

Yeah. I sincerelly wonder what people think when they take account power levels. Like, most of the humans don't stand a chance if we think that way.
This game is not about that, really. Hence why its a perfect opportunity for more diversity(DB games were aways about that though).

They could go wild. Put Chichi, Yajirobe...lol even Lunch.
Nobody brought up powerlevels. I talked about how horribly non-existant Chichi etc are when it comes moves/attacks and are therefore horrible picks for the game. Why is it that every criticism about about tertiary characters, in any context when it comes to DB really not just roster picks, end up with people like you going "durr durr pwrlvls ar dum"? 50% of the time people aren't talking about anything of the sort and 48% of time people are talking about basic narrative and powerscaling, ie, the reason why you look forward to seeing Kid Goku fight King Piccolo after he drinks the magic water and other similar situations. Literally only 2% of the time when people do the *eyeroll* 'powerlevels' shitpost does it actually apply.

It comes across like quoting the bingo card of "shit fanboys parrott to seem inside baseball about dragonball".

On to the roster picks, it's always the fucking meme picks that scream "see I know OG DB!", while really all you are doing is surface level namedropping shit. Launch, Arale, Bulma, Chichi, Android 8. Non-combatants, running gags and cameo characters. Horrible freaking picks that nobody in their right mind would want as characters in the game. If you'd actually wanted to do legit picks from og DB, you'd go Tao, Giran, Battle Jacket, Pirate Robot, Devilman, Grandpa Gohan, Kami. But that would mean actually being legit about liking DB instead of bandwaggoner trotting out another "put Arale in" shitpost to show off your fanboy powerlevel.

Jon Neu

Banned
If you'd actually wanted to do legit picks from og DB, you'd go Tao, Giran, Battle Jacket, Pirate Robot, Devilman, Grandpa Gohan, Kami. But that would mean actually being legit about liking DB instead of bandwaggoner trotting out another "put Arale in" shitpost to show off your fanboy powerlevel.

Apart from Tao and the Pirate Robot, the ones you said are utter shit.

And we said Arale because we were talking about female characters. There aren't that many and Arale is a pretty popular character and also a chibi female, which would be unique in the roster.

Dada55000

Apart from Tao and the Pirate Robot, the ones you said are utter shit.

And we said Arale because we were talking about female characters. There aren't that many and Arale is a pretty popular character and also a chibi female, which would be unique in the roster.
Arale in DB is also a soulless Scooby Doo meets Batman level hackneyed corporate mandate brand crossover garbage and by far the worst part of canon Dragon Ball. She shouldn't be included even if the last noname jabroni from TV Specials/Movies has been included in the game. Cup of coffee and get the fuck out guest character, that has nothing. Due to Slump she's known more than most but she is defacto the bottom of the barrel pick for DB.

Sorry for the rambling, I just really really hate Arale. Anyways, wanting more girls is one thing, but picking the worst ones is another. Like Bulma, it's a part of her character that she doesn't fight. Why in the name sweet name of Jehova do people want the character that doesn't fight, to fight? Launch, powerless gun toting gag character? Arale, cameo gag character? Like, Zangya was brought up prior, she is a 1000 times better as a pick than all of those combined. They suck that fucking much.

Other wise, now you could actually have an argument, saying Giran, Battle etc. don't have what it takes They're not the best, but they pass certain criteria, ie having moves and being able to fly. Which is more than Chichi, Launch, Bulma and Android 8 combined. One of the sticking points seems to be the ability to fly, a lot of these garbo picks fail from the word go, while people don't even mention the chars from og DB that could work. Here's characters that can fly that aren't used: Giran, Pirate Robot, Battle Jacket, Tao, Korin(lol), Devilman, Chiaotzu(lol), Tambourine, Symbal, Drum, King Piccolo, Kami. Not the best, a lot of them have unique, named moves atleast. With a little creativity you could create decent additions for the game, that isn't "euuuhh make shit up for Launch lol fck pwrlvls".

The primary point with Giran, Battle Jacket and Devilman/Grandpa Gohan would be, that they are not single characters, but ensembles like Ginyu, or have built in sidekicks like Saiyaman for Videl. So Giran would be the main, with Bacterian, Nam, Ranfan, Chappa as his assists, adding their unique moves to his moveset. Battle Jacket gets the Red Ribbon crew, Metallic, Purple, Blue. Devilman/Gohan gets Mummy, Dracula, Invisible man and Gohan/Devilman. There is both potential for unique gameplay, and extreme amounts of fanservice with OG DB representation. Not dogsith like 'bulma in a mech'. Also, Battle Jacket is quite possibly the only way to get a black guy in the game, so why not cash in on that.

The ensemble gimmick is the way I'd like King Piccolo to be added eventually, since Tambourine doesn't have enough I feel for a separate char, considering Reccoome was folded into Ginyu, despite having a shitload to work with. KP with his minions, Drum, Symbal, Tambourine and Piano. Nice, and a great way to distance from normal Piccolo. A character I feel gets really shafted a lot is Kami, because he actually has a moveset, between his fight with Piccolo, and the Dead Zone movie, he's pretty well rounded. You could even do a synergy gimmick with the namekian fusion if you put him and Piccolo on your team. Also, have Yajirobe and Korin as built in assists for him. Yaj does a sneak attack ala Vegeta and Korin could drop a bean or something.

All of these things I just described are infinitely better than trotting out the Launch/Chichi/Bulma/Android 8/Arale crap people keep bringing up when talking about og DB. There are far better picks, some obvious some not so obvious, but those can be played around with while still using existing material found in the series.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Nobody brought up powerlevels. I talked about how horribly non-existant Chichi etc are when it comes moves/attacks and are therefore horrible picks for the game. Why is it that every criticism about about tertiary characters, in any context when it comes to DB really not just roster picks, end up with people like you going "durr durr pwrlvls ar dum"? 50% of the time people aren't talking about anything of the sort and 48% of time people are talking about basic narrative and powerscaling, ie, the reason why you look forward to seeing Kid Goku fight King Piccolo after he drinks the magic water and other similar situations. Literally only 2% of the time when people do the *eyeroll* 'powerlevels' shitpost does it actually apply.

It comes across like quoting the bingo card of "shit fanboys parrott to seem inside baseball about dragonball".

On to the roster picks, it's always the fucking meme picks that scream "see I know OG DB!", while really all you are doing is surface level namedropping shit. Launch, Arale, Bulma, Chichi, Android 8. Non-combatants, running gags and cameo characters. Horrible freaking picks that nobody in their right mind would want as characters in the game. If you'd actually wanted to do legit picks from og DB, you'd go Tao, Giran, Battle Jacket, Pirate Robot, Devilman, Grandpa Gohan, Kami. But that would mean actually being legit about liking DB instead of bandwaggoner trotting out another "put Arale in" shitpost to show off your fanboy powerlevel.

Because conplaining about Chichi is very lame when we have things like Videl? You know, the one that doesn't know any moves? And I didnt actually cited names, but if the boot fits.

About the characters, yeah since cameo characters are not suitable, how about more Gokus? That would be cool right? Lmao

Its not strict just with the characters I listed. Could be those sayians from super, more frieza soldiers, Galic, etc etc. Yes, even the ones you listed.

Did I offend you or hurting your feelings? Not my intention. Actually if you read you would understand that my intention is for they to acknowledge how free they are to choose their cast. Not that they weren't before though. Budokai Tenkaichi series gives them a lesson about using characters. Did you play it? Even Mister Satan is playable and...he doesnt even have moves at all. You dont see people complaining about that, do you? Anyway, cooldown man, I'm not your enemy.

Last edited:

Dada55000

Because conplaining about Chichi is very lame when we have things like Videl? You know, the one that doesn't know any moves? And I didnt actually cited names, but if the boot fits.

About the characters, yeah since cameo characters are not suitable, how about more Gokus? That would be cool right? Lmao

Its not strict just with the characters I listed. Could be those sayians from super, more frieza soldiers, Galic, etc etc. Yes, even the ones you listed.

Did I offend you or hurting your feelings? Not my intention. Actually if you read you would understand that my intention is for they acknowledge how free they are to choose their cast. Not that they weren't before though. Budokai Tenkaichi series gives them a lesson about using characters. Did you play it? Even Mister Satan is playable and...he doesnt even have moves at all. You dont see people complaining about that, do you? Anyway, cooldown man, I'm not your enemy.
Yeah, you're preaching to the choir when you say Videl has no moves. I know. I called literally everything about that character, Saiyaman assist, the hurricanrana from filler episodes, her big knee against Spopovich being a move. Why I wasn't particularly blown away at the idea of including her to begin with. But guess what? That's still infinitely more than ChiChi, because atleast some of Videl's moves have good memorable frames, like the kick to Spopovich that breaks his kneck. It's something to reference. ChiChi doesn't even have that as an adult, even the embellished fight in the anime, it's just chop chop kick kick chop, without any flair to it for 5 minutes before Goku's wind punch.

Sadly, more Goku would work, Goku still has more moves that weren't used than ChiChi/Bulma/Videl/Launch/Android8/Arale/Bora/etc have combined. He has enough material for more characters, while most of these picks don't even have enough for a full character by themselves, ala Videl needing Gohan to pad her out.

Ironically Satan does have named moves, Dynamite Kick, Megaton Punch. Very specific signatures and frames. More than Chichi or Videl for that matter. If you go whole hog on the joke character route he has a complete moveset. The 18 fizzle punch, the exploding Gamepoy, the taunt, fake sickness, handgun that does nothing. Slap the gimmick on top where he closes his eyes as he's scared and have Fat Buu be his built in assist ala Saiyaman and you've got a character. People really didn't complain because he was always meme roster pick in a game with a shitzillion characters already. Tenkaichi had every member of the Ginyu's, for crying out loud. It's a different game with different priorities. Since FighterZ has to be more selective, I'd rather they select well.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
know. I called literally everything about that character, Saiyaman assist, the hurricanrana from filler episodes, her big knee against Spopovich being a move. Why I wasn't particularly blown away at the idea of including her to begin with. But guess what? That's still infinitely more than ChiChi, because atleast some of Videl's moves have good memorable frames, like the kick to Spopovich that breaks his kneck.

Ah, so a break in the neck is called a move now? Noted.
And because she can fight better than Chi chi you alsogiver her credit. Double noted.

At this point I sincerelly dunno whats your point really.

It's something to reference. ChiChi doesn't even have that as an adult, even the embellished fight in the anime, it's just chop chop kick kick chop, without any flair to it for 5 minutes before Goku's wind punch.

Videl doesn't have any moves. Their "moves" are basically Sayaman assists. But since you consider one kick she gave on Spopovich a move I can see where this is going.

Sadly, more Goku would work, Goku still has more moves that weren't used than ChiChi/Bulma/Videl/Launch/Android8/Arale/Bora/etc have combined.

Then make a game with only Gokus and see if this gonna be something at all. People loves different characters besides "character X has moves". Not that I support all characters, but different characters are better than a lame repetition.

Ironically Satan does have named moves, Dynamite Kick, Megaton Punch. Very specific signatures and frames.

Budokai Tenkaichi games only uses him as a joke character. His moves are basically a joke(the part where he punches without effect) and a present. So not sure if use his "signature" moves would be a thing anyway.

Tenkaichi had every member of the Ginyu's, for crying out loud. It's a different game with different priorities. Since FighterZ has to be more selective, I'd rather they select well.

Thats a bad argument. Very lame. The game has a mid-amount of characters and most of them are different versions of Goku and Vegeta.

And so what if Budokai has the entire Ginyu force? Still way better than repetition. Did you ever played Budokai Tenkaichi games? Every member of Ginyus has their own characteristic and moveset, and this is not limited to those games.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Arale in DB is also a soulless Scooby Doo meets Batman level hackneyed corporate mandate brand crossover garbage and by far the worst part of canon Dragon Ball. She shouldn't be included even if the last noname jabroni from TV Specials/Movies has been included in the game. Cup of coffee and get the fuck out guest character, that has nothing. Due to Slump she's known more than most but she is defacto the bottom of the barrel pick for DB.

Sorry for the rambling, I just really really hate Arale. Anyways, wanting more girls is one thing, but picking the worst ones is another. Like Bulma, it's a part of her character that she doesn't fight. Why in the name sweet name of Jehova do people want the character that doesn't fight, to fight? Launch, powerless gun toting gag character? Arale, cameo gag character? Like, Zangya was brought up prior, she is a 1000 times better as a pick than all of those combined. They suck that fucking much.

Arale is the beloved protagonist of the prior and first succesful franchise of Toriyama. She certainly has it's haters, but also a lot of lovers. And she also has her own fight moves and would be the only chibi female in the game, making her unique.

Launch will be another cool character that can give the game some humour, you know, like Dragon Ball used to have. She definitely works better as an assist character, but at least is a beloved character, not some garbage tier fighter from the past.

I would even love to see Pilaf and his crew more than any low tier character that you brought up just because they had 30 seconds of screen time fighting.

But I agree with King Piccolo and his sons/minions as assists. That would be cool.

The Martial Arts Tournament and the Red Ribbon fighters team would be cool too, but the problem is deciding which character is the main character. Giran doesn't cut it.

No dogsith like 'bulma in a mech'. Also, Battle Jacket is quite possibly the only way to get a black guy in the game, so why not cash in on that.

Sorry dude, but this is hilarious. You critizice Bulma in a mech and then inmediately proceed to recommend a super low tier character WHO FIGHTS IN A MECH and nobody remembers/cares about.

And if you want a black character, you can bring this one.

3355774-7546616889-Majuu.jpg

Battle Jacket, give me a break.

Dada55000

Arale is the beloved protagonist of the prior and first succesful franchise of Toriyama. She certainly has it's haters, but also a lot of lovers. And she also has her own fight moves and would be the only chibi female in the game, making her unique.

Launch will be another cool character that can give the game some humour, you know, like Dragon Ball used to have. She definitely works better as an assist character, but at least is a beloved character, not some garbage tier fighter from the past.

I would even love to see Pilaf and his crew more than any low tier character that you brought up just because they had 30 seconds of screen time fighting.

But I agree with King Piccolo and his sons/minions as assists. That would be cool.

The Martial Arts Tournament and the Red Ribbon fighters team would be cool too, but the problem is deciding which character is the main character. Giran doesn't cut it.

Sorry dude, but this is hilarious. You critizice Bulma in a mech and then inmediately proceed to recommend a super low tier character WHO FIGHTS IN A MECH and nobody remembers/cares about.

And if you want a black character, you can bring this one.

Battle Jacket, give me a break.

Yeah I know what Arale is thanks. Her part in DB was shallow crossbranding garbage to have more Slump material to milk since the anime was going to wrap up soon. Which they milked as hard as possible. It was a short 4 week stint in the manga, that was mined nonstop for 2 straight years of SlumpXDB merch, it's ridiculous. It was as transparent a corporate pull as anything else that's derided for being that.

What is this tier crap? And how is a character that doesn't fight, Bulma, not at the complete bottom, and gag/titilation characters like Launch being only marginally above that? Yeah, pardon me for focusing on characters that fought, as potential picks for a fighting game. And Launch was so beloved she was written out of the series. Hell not even written out, she just stopped appearing. Plus, Pilaf? A character who is literally on the same level of throwawayness as most of the ones I wrote down? You're gonna shit on one off villains by praising a one off villain? Oh, but he came back twice as a minor character in a running gag about failing to collect all the dragonballs. Shit, I guess that means Giran is at the same 'tier', since he came back during King Piccolo for a cup of coffee, much like Pilaf.

I actually don't want Pilaf, because he's pure comedy character so he needs to be using Pilaf Machine, which sucks but that's the optimal way to include him. It could work as a char, I just dislike the design, but it can fly so it checks the basic boxes. I wasn't complaining about the use of robots and shit you numpty. I was complaining about giving Bulma a thing that never existed for the sake of having her do shit that goes against her character. How do you even take what I wrote as complaining about using mechs? I'm the one the brought up Battle Jacket, clearly mechs weren't the issue.

Giran has to main because he's the one out of the tourney entrants that can fly. That's really it. And he's the only one out of tournament people that is kinda legitimate, which is why he gets brought back to get killed by Tambourine. It's really between him and Bacterian. Manwolf has nothing and is pure comedy skit, and Nam, Chappa, Ranfan really only have their 1 moves that they can do.

Uub ain't black. He doesn't have the racist sausage lips, which every black character has in DB. He's a South Asian/Polynesian stereotype.

Top Bottom