• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport will likely not feature traditional offline events

Thanks to NullPointer for bringing this up in the dynamic time / weather thread!

Folks over at GT Planet collected evidence which basically confirms there won't be any traditional offline events ('Sunday Cup', 'Free like the wind'...) like in previous Gran Turismo games.
Quick Race aka Arcade Mode is still there though.

Source:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ure-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

So first of all 'Campaign Mode'.

c6AziYH.jpg

The above slide is very clear in what it contains. 117 Events, and the breakdown of those. I think many people assumed those events were in part going to be like the past, 'Sunday Cup', 'Like The Wind' and so on. However thanks to @fagnerpc that seems not to be the case.

xhCvqOL.jpg

The 'Beginner's School seems to be what we expected, basic driving lessons similar to old license tests.

pvMrOm0.jpg

Circuit Experience is where I think many people, including myself, expected to find familiar race events. However the above screen suggests this is not the case and they are in fact just exercises to learn the tracks.

Sz33TNi.jpg

Mission Challenge is seemingly what most people were expecting, short to mid-length driving challenges, some against the clock, some against AI. Very similar to those found in GT4 and later games. However again these are seemingly specific scenarios, not set race events.

NB8Z3eU.jpg

Racing Etiquette does what it says on the tin, teaches you the do's and don't of real racing. Again, just simple scenarios are presented here, no race events.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Basically, there is no offline career and what does exist offline is just a big tutorial with tiny sprints and videos on racing etiquette.

As long as there is a quick race option where you can select cars and weather/time of day option I'm alright. However it's a big disappointment how GT sport is turning out to be and it's suppose to be my first entry to the franchise.

As long as there is a quick race option where you can select cars and weather/time of day option I'm alright. However it's a big disappointment how GT sport is turning out to be and it's suppose to be my first entry to the franchise.

That's Arcade Mode, which is included.

anddo0

I primarily play offline, so this is very disappointing.

I've been a GT fan since it's inception. I'm dumbfounded that PD could be lagging so far behind the curve. If GT Sport doesn't trend well, I wonder if Sony will finally force some radical change, or drop PD outright.

Here's hoping, Assetto Corsa transitions well to consoles, and PCars 2 builds on the solid foundation of PCars 1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Memories of Gran Turismo PSP...

Was just thinking this. I would be really disappointed not to have a decent offline mode. Online is ok but also often incredibly frustrating in racing games so online only isn't good for me

DieH@rd

Banned
The more online events, the better. People need to learn to drive better, and if they are constantly practicing online, they will get used to propper etiquete.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Sport seems to be its own thing.

Either way you don't release a half baked GT game at $60 just to announce a full GT game soon after at the same price.

That's a great way of killing GTS altogether.

I honestly think GTS is it for the next few years.

The more online events, the better. People need to learn to drive better, and if they are constantly practicing online, they will get used to propper etiquete.

There is no evidence to support that driving online even more stops people from driving like jerks.

SliChillax

Do you unlock cars by completing certain events? If I get a gold medal for example in all driving tests do I win 3 cars like past games?

Was just thinking this. I would be really disappointed not to have a decent offline mode. Online is ok but also often incredibly frustrating in racing games so online only isn't good for me

Has there ever been an online game which rewarded you for not crashing into other cars all the time? E.g., putting you into lobbies with players who want to carry out a true and honest race?

anddo0

lol, being someone's speed bump, or speed cushion isn't my idea of proper etiquette. Online racing can be harsh, because it's anything but proper.

Audioboxer

GT Sport will not feature any sales

If only that were true. Kaz gets to carry on being Kaz because of the $$$. Sony have shutdown Evo as well now leaving Kaz to the PD racer monopoly once more.

For everything GT does right there's something head scratching that you have to wonder why, considering the wealth of the studio and the talent that is there.

I don't know, maybe wait until we know what's in the final game before we start to rage....

What? You want to start raging as soon as possible?

Well, alright then. Carry on.

anddo0

PD feels like the last studio still operating under Kutaragi oversight.

It truly does feel like the last remnant of Sony's past.. But, even under Kutaragi, Sony studios innovated and took chances. GT Sport is as safe as you can play it, only difference is, PD somehow thinks you can adopt the online only focus to their game, that doesn't work for every game, especially a game like GT, who is known for it's offline campaign. I think PD misread this one, it's clearly geared towards E-sports.

Gigarator

So there's no fun to be had with this game then by the sounds of it. Just been turned into a massively over the top learning tool... how riveting. I used to love this series, but my level of interest has dropped through the floor for this one.

FordGTGuy

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Memories of Driveatars in Forza come to mind where everyone is an asshole.

Yet drivatars in Forza 6 with the aggression limiter are probably the most natural and realistic AI in a racing game.

Innovation requires risk and it takes time to perfect something like properly replicating human drivers. If anything it worked too good because it brought over how they all mostly drive which is like jerks.

Nabbis

What a disaster. I wonder where the dev time went.

I don't know, maybe wait until we know what's in the final game before we start to rage....

What? You want to start raging as soon as possible?

Well, alright then. Carry on.

By the time a game ships or even enters beta it's too late to say anything. I bet you also come to threads and tell people why whining about microtransactions is useless since they didn't do it before.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Is this just GT 7 Prologue renamed then?

Top Bottom