• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

Niks

1771vk.gif

Nurburgring Comes to Gran Turismo 5

All three courses of the Nurburgring, Europe's most iconic racetrack, will be featured in Gran Turismo 5.
The three courses to be featured in Gran Turismo 5 are the Grand Prix course, the Nordschleife, and the 24 Hours course.

Look out for the next GT5 announcements at E3 – and prepare for the drive of your life. E3 2010, June 15-17.

New shots were released showing a major upgrade to the track, showing lots of trackside detail.

20063bq.jpg

10ifr45.jpg

b8k0aw.jpg

vgtsp3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT5 Night Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfyonN7WC4M

24o5c9e.png

npq9th.png

211w7ya.png

315k6ef.png

wk2yr7.png

Credit to solidsnakex for the screens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new screen that shows us that Polyphony is constantly working on making GT5 leaps and bounds better than GT5 prologue.
Rest assured any delays are put to good use. ;)

Here's a shot of Fuji Speedway from GT5 Prologue.

346w1fo.png

And here's the same shot but from GT5 (latest build?)
Texture work around the track is noticeable as well added geometry (flowers, etc..)

28jkvmd.png

credit to solidsnakex for the comparison

Screens showing the pretty robust replay GUI.

25zthc4.jpg

30rxs0x.jpg

New trailer featuring the Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d8893.html

2mdkq4p.jpg

154wqyv.jpg

28bf8fa.jpg

2liv4t1.jpg

credit to solidsnakex for the screens.

GT5 MotorTrend interview (new details)

Any EVs and hybrids included?
Yes, definitely. Prius and Tesla will be included, as well as some others in the mix.

Like the new Hondas, the CR-Z and HSV-GT.
We're working on both cars right now, actually. The LFA too. There are plenty of cars being built as we speak.

We've heard rumors of a track editor. Any comment?
At this point, it's just a rumor. So you'll have to see. (It must be noted, he said so with a smile, leading us to believe that some sort of track editor is in the works for the new game.)

What are some of the features your most excited about releasing to the public?
With GT5, we're striving to redefine the racing game that we started with GT1. The game as a whole is completely new. But online functionality has to be at the top. We've worked so hard on it and we're hoping it's a hit.

Will users be able to set up car clubs and racing leagues?
Yes, they will. But I'm sorry but I can't elaborate much at this point.

Are you headed to this weekend's Tokyo Auto Salon?
Yes, my team and I will be there. We're planning to have one of the biggest GT5 displays we've ever built. There will be more manufacturer agreements announced there as well. It'll be a great show for us.

If you want to read the whole interview...
http://wot.motortrend.com/6629343/e...ate-from-creator-kazunori-yamauchi/index.html

Majmun

"Only" 950 cars? I thought 1000+ were confirmed?

Anyway, sounds good. I'm liking the track editing rumor...

Niks

I find it amusing car magazines make better and more relevant questions than gaming sites and mags.

great interview. looking forward to the tokyo auto show.

Niks said:
I find it amusing car magazines make better and more relevant questions than gaming sites and mags.

Kaz always seems more comfortable talking to car magazines than gaming sites. The car mags rarely ask him the bullshit that gaming sites will.

Cruzader said:
Even though I agree with that fact, does it really matter? 950 cars to master aint enough?:lol
The track number is bothering me, not the car number. They said 64 tracks at one point. Now it's down to 20?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
user_nat said:
All of them I think.

damn, it's crazy I haven't even released that.

and I've played every single one of them :/

Blu_LED said:
The track number is bothering me, not the car number. They said 64 tracks at one point. Now it's down to 20?

Doesn't really bug me, probably going to be in some type of DLC form which sucks.

I just want them to release the game already, so I can sign my soul away.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Nice interview, good questions. I wonder how recent it was...

J-Rzez

Niks said:

great interview. looking forward to the tokyo auto show.

Strangely enough, the journalists in car mags are some of the best you'll find anywhere. Top Gear magazine is an incredible read. Even my gf who doesn't really like cars enjoys reading some of the articles from it.

Gaming "journalists" can surely learn a lot by paying attention to these guys.

kenta

Has no PEINS
g35twinturbo said:
damn, it's crazy I haven't even released that.

and I've played every single one of them :/
You probably didn't notice because RUF cars have been in the games

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Blu_LED said:
Maybe the 64 number was referring to the number of track layouts?

Since it says 70 now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
kenta said:
You probably didn't notice because RUF cars have been in the games

Probably, iirc the GT psp have them and I was like hey this reminds me of the Porsche and kept pushing lol.

Niks

Noteworthy

- Prius, Tesla, Honda CR-Z and HSV-GT, LFA are in.
- Track editor seems more than a rumor.
- Online functionality is a priority for GT5.
- Users be able to set up car clubs and racing leagues.
- Big Tokyo Auto Salon GT5 showing is expected.

iceatcs

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz always seems more comfortable talking to car magazines than gaming sites. The car mags rarely ask him the bullshit that gaming sites will.
- Is it ready?
- Are you still sleep under your desk?
- Will all the cars damage?
- Will it going to use PSP as rear mirror?
- Can you rewind the racing?
- What you think of Forza?
- Are you still smoking?
- What's up with this translator guy with this notepad?

Anyway, that interview seem just remind the feature facts we have already knew about it but the 4th question sound interesting and more cars info.

Some of our readers would like to know about in-game weather changes and skidmarks. Will they be included?
I'm hoping our players won't be caught up with minor details. If they pick at every little thing, nobody will be satisfied. It's the overall evolution that will impress. Skidmarks should be of no concern. (He says with a laugh).
Booooo!

Seriously, this is something I will be eternally bothered by.
Chuck Norris said:
What is with the lack of skidmarks? Now that it's been mentioned it is bothering me :lol
It started bothering me with GT4. These things were in PS1 games for goodness sake.

No skidmarks and the annoying tire squeal have been part of the series ever since the very first game. No matter the strides they make elsewhere, the lack of skidmarks will always remind me of how little has changed. That and it's just...stupid. It's like bullets not leaving marks in shooters. Having no visible effect on the world makes it feel sterile.

Dibbz

Niks said:
And lastly,when's it going to be released?
March 2010 is still the target release date for the Japanese market. As for North America, nothing has been set.
I'm not the only one who sees this right?

Great interview really looking forward to GT whenever it hits.

torontoml

the interview was taken a few days ago, so the release date info is obviously old.

I really don't like how there isn't one thread anymore, now I have to post in everyone of them in case something new occurs.

offshore

torontoml said:
the interview was taken a few days ago, so the release date info is obviously old.

I really don't like how there isn't one thread anymore, now I have to post in everyone of them in case something new occurs.

It just shows how recent/sudden the release date change is. Curious timing though, bad news today, big news at the Tokyo Show in a couple of days. Clearly Sony thought now is the best time to let out the bad news.

And yeah, we should have the other thread opened up again. I think most people know it's been delayed by now :lol

Niks

well, the Tokyo Auto Salon is in a few days (Jan 15 -17). so maybe then we will get some info on why GT5 was delayed in japan....

I wonder what new cars will be announced.

V_Ben

Banned
Niks said:
well, the Tokyo Auto Salon is in a few days (Jan 15 -17). so maybe then we will get some info on why GT5 was delayed in japan....

I wonder what new cars will be announced.

i suppose they COULD have delayed it to add new cars. maybe :D

MGR

VibratingDonkey said:
No skidmarks and the annoying tire squeal have been part of the series ever since the very first game. No matter the strides they make elsewhere, the lack of skidmarks will always remind me of how little has changed. That and it's just...stupid. It's like bullets not leaving marks in shooters. .

Nah, it's more like characters in shooters that don't leave footprints on unsealed surfaces.

ascii42

Prius and Tesla? That's pretty awesome. Hopefully the Chevy Volt is included as well. That would be a great showdown.

Another interview

VB: How many people made the first game?
KY: On the first one, there were seven to 15 people, at different times.

VB: And now?
KY: We have 140 staffers.

VB: What has changed?
KY: The difficulty of creating games hasn’t changed that much. It takes a lot of time to communicate with a team this large now. Before, you could wake up one morning and have a good idea. You could see it implemented in some form by the evening. Now, if you have a good idea, it may be two or three years later before you see the result. It’s because it takes so many more people to do it.

VB: How has the level of detail changed, and the level of realism risen?
KY: We had maybe 300 polygons in a car in the first game. Now we have about 500,000 polygons in each car. Back then, pieces of the car were more like symbols. Now they are real and reflect light.

VB: The Naughty Dog designers felt like they used 30 percent of the PS 3 for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. For Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, they said they used 80 percent of the processing power of the PS 3. What about you?
KY: It is about the same for the PS 3, about 8o percent of the processing power. The PS 3 hardware has a very high peak performance. The better you manipulate it, the better it performs.

VB: What did you try to accomplish with the landscapes of the newest game?
KY: We have always tried to create landscapes in Gran Turismo that look better than real life. In Gran Turismo 5, we have objects on the race tracks that interact with the cars. We have fences, tires, and barriers. You will interact with objects on the course.

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/0...-takes-a-fifth-stab-at-a-perfect-racing-game/

ASK HIM ABOUT DAMAGE GOD DAMN IT!

We still don't know the full details about this, is it for all cars or what?

God I am so tired of these fucking vague interviews that are about nothing and that leaves you asking more questions. Sure these are these the best ones yet but it still don't answer alot of the questions about the feature list that they showed in TGS such as PS eye headtracking, damage, courses, weather, night/day cycle etc.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Diablohead said:
If they let you crash out through a wooden fence this is my GOTY
I'm curious - how many times would you bother crashing through this fence before you realised that your actions made you look like a complete fool?

Rapping Granny said:

God I am so tired of these fucking vague interviews that are about nothing and that leaves you asking more questions. Sure these are these the best ones yet but it still don't answer alot of the questions about the feature list that they showed in TGS such as PS eye headtracking, damage, courses, weather, night/day cycle etc.
I hope the lack of concrete details in these interviews is making the wait much more unbearable for you.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rapping Granny said:

Damage is for all cars (visible damage), and about 150 cars have interior damage.

Rapping Granny said:
That MAG also said there will be 1000 cars, now it's 950.

Does the dude really have to say over 950 every time he's interviewed? It's over that amount and a little over 1,000 according to a CES interview. They don't want to give a specific number because they're still adding cars.

Top Bottom