• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

Ranger X

SolidSnakex said:
If there is a course creator then I don't think that it'll be DLC. Kaz sort of got pissed the last time he was asked about DLC. I think he's gotten the feeling that some people expect them to hold features, cars or courses back so that they can sell them to us later. He's made the point that everything that they want in the game will be there when you buy it.

Now that doesn't meant hat we won't get DLC. But he seems to be saying that everything that they have completed at the time of launch will be on the disc will be there when you buy the game. So you aren't going to have a RE5 situation for example.

If you release DLC at launch people says you're holding back content in order to nickle and dime them. If you release DLC after then they say you sold an incomplete game at first. There's no way out of gamer's retarded fury. lol

Melfice7

RustyNails said:
That video is the exact reason why I don't play in driver/dashboard/inside-car cam in pretty much every racing game. Unlike real life, there is absolutely no way to properly see the road especially if you're climbing a hill.
jsdc47.jpg

See what I mean? Can't even see a speck of track in that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgOBo4hMEc&feature=related

disregard the awesome bad quality, you can see the road just fine in prologue with the same car

Toxa

Ranger X said:
So you guys looks at this video and think "hmm, this looks good"?

I never played the game with rain (cause I barely played the game at all) and this video is not showing anything convincing outside horrible fucking rain on the screen even if I am not in first person view behind a visor.

according some formula 1 driver it is the most realistic rain effect ever seen in video games

offshore

PD could use part of F1:CE's rain code. It would seem like a waste of resources for PD to work from scratch on rain, when a Sony brethren already did a stellar job with it. PD would be hard pushed to do a better job.

offshore said:
PD would be hard pushed to do a better job.

Then they wouldn't put it in the game. What Liverpool did with F1 looked fantastic back when it was released but it doesn't look all that great now. Kaz has made it pretty clear that they don't want weather in the game just for it to be a bullet point, if it's there then it's going to have to look and feel right.

Digital Foundry article on the MOVE, gives us a glimpse into Gran Turimo's "Head Tracking".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-playstation-move-article?page=2

The use of the camera also has some very cool gaming implications for games that support Move, and for others that don't, such as the forthcoming Gran Turismo 5. Kirk Bender of SCEA explains how the head-tracking and facial recognition works, and what it can do.

"PlayStation Eye can identify individuals based on their facial characteristics. It does this by recognising characteristics like face contours, the position of the eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows in real-time," he reveals. "It can determine the degree of smiling, the gender, the age. It doesn't give a numeric age - fortunately! It can tell if you're a child or an adult. It can detect whether your eyes are open or closed.

"We have a head-tracking library - we can detect the position of the head even if your back is turned. With the head-tracking you can do viewpoint transformation. If you're playing a driving game or a flying game you can change the view based on which way the head is pointing. If you're playing a stealth game you can look around the corner."

gluv65 said:
Digital Foundry article on the MOVE, gives us a glimpse into Gran Turimo's "Head Tracking".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-playstation-move-article?page=2

The use of the camera also has some very cool gaming implications for games that support Move, and for others that don't, such as the forthcoming Gran Turismo 5. Kirk Bender of SCEA explains how the head-tracking and facial recognition works, and what it can do.

"PlayStation Eye can identify individuals based on their facial characteristics. It does this by recognising characteristics like face contours, the position of the eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows in real-time," he reveals. "It can determine the degree of smiling, the gender, the age. It doesn't give a numeric age - fortunately! It can tell if you're a child or an adult. It can detect whether your eyes are open or closed.

"We have a head-tracking library - we can detect the position of the head even if your back is turned. With the head-tracking you can do viewpoint transformation. If you're playing a driving game or a flying game you can change the view based on which way the head is pointing. If you're playing a stealth game you can look around the corner."

If head-tracking is implemented in this manner, I might just shit my couch in happiness.

deepbrown

torontoml said:
But it had to have been updated or something, because at that time it was scheduled for March in Japan.
And then they announced a one month delay to April...which as far as I know is still going ahead.

torontoml

deepbrown said:
And then they announced a one month delay to April...which as far as I know is still going ahead.
No they didn't, they announced a delay to a TBD date. As of right now there is no release date for Japan or anywhere else.

BeeDog

deepbrown said:
This comment was included in the press release announcing the delay:

"“We’ve decided to postpone for a month”."

I'd lick my own balls* if that would happen, but there's no conceivable way that GT5 will be out in April.

*If I could.

deepbrown

torontoml said:
That was a mistranslation of the delay, its not scheduled for an April release in Japan.
Doesn't look like a mistranslation to me - there was a bunch of mistranslations saying that it was stating a three month delay - but the closest translation was "postpone for a month"

torontoml

deepbrown said:
Doesn't look like a mistranslation to me - there was a bunch of mistranslations saying that it was stating a three month delay - but the closest translation was "postpone for a month"
Give me a link showing one month, everyone I found says it TBD.

deepbrown

matthsv said:
I think it was decided that when properly translated that the date was TBA.
The date was TBA in the press release, but at some point in April =D I'm just reading it...it says "postpone for month" = not that I ever believed it =)

torontoml

Don't trust google translator, it screwed up the three month one, I just found out it screwed up this October/November one as well, so I highly doubt that one is correct. But I don't have a link showing a direct translation of that release, just the one from PD's official site saying TBD.

Some people will be happy about this

ForgetfuI | March 12th, 2010 at 1:39 pm
Hi Stephanie.
There are a lot of us GT fans over at the forums, and we’d love to have you come participate there. We really like the communication, and would be very happy to have you join us on the race track sometime as well.
This broadcast type of information is great for the blog, but those of us trying to be active in the online community, that is building around GT, feel that the most interested fans are the least appreciated. Maybe that’s not the right wording, but we feel some of our concerns and questions have gone unaddressed, even though those issues wouldn’t spoil info about GT5. A lot of what we would like to discuss relates to Prologue and GT4, and just the GT formula as a whole.
Having an active employee in the forums would do wonders for PD’s image with the more hardcore gamers out there, who are familiar with the way other online games have their communities taken care of. If everyone there is too busy, I can work cheap. I’ve done a pretty decent job manning the forums on my own time, and I’ve earned the most Kudos there. I’m a fan of the series, an devoted volounteer for our league and a pioneer of racing events in my own right.

Stephanie Yoshimoto | March 12th, 2010 at 2:14 pm
Thanks for the feedback. We’ll set something up soon. We all read the GT forums on a very regular basis and appreciate all of it.
Stephanie

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...r-night-racing/comment-page-2/#comment-365480

amar212 said:

Get back to the office, damn playboy. >_<

A Japanese April release seems like a pipedream as we don´t have a date yet and April is next month.

A fall release in NA and Europe feels very likely and are supported by the recent rumours published at GT-planet.

DarkJC

There is no way it is coming out in April anywhere.

To anyone who is even remotely thinking it will: Don't do this to yourself!

Templar Wizard said:
whats the driving force GT wheel like with GT5P? i can get it for super cheap and i would like to know if its worth it :)

It's the official wheel and the one that Polyphony designed GT5P and GT5 around. So it's a good wheel.

deepbrown said:
Then what does it say? >_<
It's just an apology for the postponing from the initial release date of March 2010. There'll be another announcement when they pick a date (again). They go on to apologise for the wait to us all important users in proper waffley style Japanese.

Ashes

Banned
Does anybody know when they're to going push 3d? its bound to be released in the big marketing push then...

What with move coming in the winter.... I have a bad feeling there won't be an official bundle, and gt not having an official bundle, to me, means that it ain't being released then. :/

or maybe sony are waiting for halo: reach release date.... long shot I know, as they aren't even the same genre, but they may just want to keep those two tent pole releases apart....

Goldrusher

04/30 Blockbuster.co.uk

09/01 Walmart
09/03 Shop To
09/24 Gameseek
09/24 Play.com
09/24 TheHut.com
09/30 Amazon.fr

10/26 CDWOW

11/01 Amazon.com
11/01 Gamestop

12/10 hmv.com
12/31 YesAsia

iceatcs

Yeah, it is annoy to have no confirm date or multi-dates.
At least it can't say it's delay again unless move after YesAsia.

SUPARSTARX

Templar Wizard said:
whats the driving force GT wheel like with GT5P? i can get it for super cheap and i would like to know if its worth it :)
I picked one up the other week. There's a ton of youtube videos for it. I realy like the red dial that adjusts the traction during races (I was using it in GT5P). It'll be beautiful for GT5.

As much as I don't really like how the shift is bound to the wheel, I can't really complain too much since I paid a low prices for it. The wheel has good feedback and rumble. I recommend it if the G27 wheel is too steep. DFGT is the next best thing for sure.

Iknos

For a while now I had access to a cheap G27 price. I opted for getting the Fanatec P911TS instead because it is multiconsole.

Now considering getting it this Fall because now I have 2 PS3s and could use 2 great wheels for some LAN play when people come over. Also have a DFP that could be used for a 3rd console if someone brings a console/projector over.

If I didn't get my 2nd PS3 I wouldn't be considering this at all. It's just great to see that this game will support LAN play unlike some other recently released sim that I cannot mention.

Top Bottom