• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

jhenedo

Banned
spwolf said:
p.s. it has no damage, so obviously demo is not interesting at all... why would you play GT5 w/o damage? booooooring.
500x_facepalm.jpg

twinturbo2 said:
My tax return is going through, and I'll order a Fanatec wheel ASAP.

What good racing seats are out there for less than $200?

I would hold off on the Fanatec wheel. Over at GT Planet a bunch of guys are having them break on them, and Fanatec is extremely slow and unorganized in fixing them. The problems with the wheel are crazy. Broken drive belt, broken pedals, overheating, busted gear shifters, wonky force feedback, and wheels that just die after working perfectly fine the day before. The Fanatec wheels seems like an awesome product when it works, but the fail rate for such an expensive wheel being manufactured by a very small company is way to high for me to pull my money out.

sportzhead said:
I would hold off on the Fanatec wheel. Over at GT Planet a bunch of guys are having them break on them, and Fanatec is extremely slow and unorganized in fixing them. The problems with the wheel are crazy. Broken drive belt, broken pedals, overheating, busted gear shifters, wonky force feedback, and wheels that just die after working perfectly fine the day before. The Fanatec wheels seems like an awesome product when it works, but the fail rate for such an expensive wheel being manufactured by a very small company is way to high for me to pull my money out.

Which is why you always go with Logitech. High quality wheels and they have some of the best customer service you'll find.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
holy crap you guys...check out the loot i got at Gamestop...STAR WARS II FOR PSP! STARRRRRRR WARRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!! pic for max justice:

myloot.jpg

Got some other movie with clint eastwood on blueray, ill watch it later this weekend or something (the clerk seemed really surprised by the gran terismo i was getting, and asked his manager if they were supposed to have it out on display or something...dude ist just a movie lawl). let me know if you guys have any questions about star wars.

AndyD

aka andydumi
chubigans said:
holy crap you guys...check out the loot i got at Gamestop...STAR WARS II FOR PSP! STARRRRRRR WARRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!! pic for max justice:

myloot.jpg

Got some other movie with clint eastwood on blueray, ill watch it later this weekend or something (the clerk seemed really surprised by the gran terismo i was getting, and asked his manager if they were supposed to have it out on display or something...dude ist just a movie lawl). let me know if you guys have any questions about star wars.

:lol :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
chubigans said:

myloot.jpg

Is it playable on CFW?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wario64 said:
Is it playable on CFW?
dude i dont mess with that firmware shit official firmware 4 life its shit like custom firmware that prevents star wars sequels on psp.

WTF i just put in grand turomo and it's some gaem screen? It's showing me some tour of the menus and some rain soaked night tracks and crap what the hell im taking this back! UGH!!!!!@

gimme my EASTWOOD at gamestop ill be all MAKE MY DAY MUTHAFUCKA bwahaha nah ill just get some store cred it for 50cent blood on sand or something.

Niks

chubigans said:
dude i dont mess with that firmware shit official firmware 4 life its shit like custom firmware that prevents star wars sequels on psp.

WTF i just put in grand turomo and it's some gaem screen? It's showing me some tour of the menus and some rain soaked night tracks and crap what the hell im taking this back! UGH!!!!!@

gimme my EASTWOOD at gamestop ill be all MAKE MY DAY MUTHAFUCKA bwahaha nah ill just get some store cred it for 50cent blood on sand or something.

:lol

BTW, hello to all GTplanet members viewing this thread!
:D

Iknos

sportzhead said:

That has me worried.

It's working fine for me and it's heavenly. I'm getting a G27 as well so I'll have a backup but right now the P911TS is sooooo gooood. I would miss it if and when it dies.

SolidSnakex said:
Which is why you always go with Logitech. High quality wheels and they have some of the best customer service you'll find.

Logitech is a company 100 times bigger so one would expect that. But there were some things Fanatec did with these wheel that Logitech should have done years ago. I don't blame people wanting to skip out on the G27 despite it being more reliable.

Iknos said:
Logitech is a company 100 times bigger so one would expect that. But there were some things Fanatec did with these wheel that Logitech should have done years ago. I don't blame people wanting to skip out on the G27 despite it being more reliable.

I'm not saying that they're perfect, but I think they're the best racing wheel developer out there when you take everything into account. I don't think the performance between the wheels are big enough to overlook the build quality and customer service aspects.

lherre

Accurate
wow people ... I'm astonished ...

I have the demo some time ago ... (since 11th of this month, the date in the picture).

The people of other webs at least could ask me if I want to appear in the "news" ...

Iknos

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not saying that they're perfect, but I think they're the best racing wheel developer out there when you take everything into account.

Agreed.

Just saying it's a classic case of big company playing it safe will newer small companies take all the risks.

I don't think the performance between the wheels are big enough to overlook the build quality and customer service aspects.

I'll find out soon enough. Just by looking at the specs I can see certain advantages each wheel have over the other. A definitive wheel would combine features from the two.

It really is nice for me to be able to play great sims across 360/PS3/PC with one "cockpit" which is really a table and not having to switch wheels over and over. Jumping from RBR on PC to FM3 on 360 almost instantly is great. Seeing the buttons visually change in front of me as I switch between 360 and PS3 instantly is impressive to say the least.

Jumping to GT5 on PS3 and then the previous two using the same wheel is a convenience that is worth a lot to me and I think a lot of people will want that. It's more than just "performance" but that has some to do with it as well.

Iknos

shagg_187 said:
Just wondering: If that's an in-game XMB shot, shouldn't it say "Quit Game" instead of "GT5 Demo 2010" ????

Meh. Whatever. Can't wait for E3!!! :D

He scrolled down his game list to show that.

Goldrusher

Iknos said:
He scrolled down his game list to show that.
Then why is the game running in the background ? Usually, Polyphony demos have no background, only a logo in the bottom right corner.
And where's game data, save data and trophies ? Even review PS3s have that, right ?

lherre

Accurate
Looking for information, I think that the demo I have is the same that is shown in the Mercedes Benz museum this days.

End of story.

Gek54

Finally got to use the G27. Not that impressed though I never had a deadzone problem with my G25. G27 feels only a little smoother and maybe more precise than the G25 but I am completely bumbed about the loss of the sequential stick option. I still much prefer the Fanatec PT911, better build quality, grip, force feedback, and all the on the fly settings options. I have also had excellent customer service response from Fanatec outside the initial launch chaos. However I do prefer the G25 with richard burns rally, its harsher characteristics make for a better purpose built rally car experience while the Fanatec PT911 is much more like a production car.

Iknos said:
Agreed.

Just saying it's a classic case of big company playing it safe will newer small companies take all the risks.

Thats the other thing, the CS delays, at least for me, have been forgivable knowing that they are the relative little guy while actually pushing higher standards and features bringing in good competition.

bizatch

Firewire said:
Cool view from the dash looking at the driver. This seems to be part of the replay vid of the actual vid you posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqsk43nqvw&feature=player_embedded

The lighting is insane.

Good animations there. I like that the driver actually looks at the incoming cars, mirrors and what not.

btw, theres are all bullshots right? http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-screenshot-repost-at-8-and-18-megapixels/

No way its going to look like that in game. Right?!

commedieu

Banned
Gek54 said:
Finally got to use the G27. Not that impressed though I never had a deadzone problem with my G25. G27 feels only a little smoother and maybe more precise than the G25 but I am completely bumbed about the loss of the sequential stick option. I still much prefer the Fanatec PT911, better build quality, grip, force feedback, and all the on the fly settings options. I have also had excellent customer service response from Fanatec outside the initial launch chaos. However I do prefer the G25 with richard burns rally, its harsher characteristics make for a better purpose built rally car experience while the Fanatec PT911 is much more like a production car.

Thats the other thing, the CS delays, at least for me, have been forgivable knowing that they are the relative little guy while actually pushing higher standards and features bringing in good competition.

How does the shifter feel? The 6spd one? G25's feels like thin thin plastic, feels cheap... Did they improve?

Suairyu

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Well....
If they use the MLAA tech from God of War III then it could =]
Not quite. MLAA produces super smooth polygon edges, but it won't super-sample the textures too, which is where half of the "omg wow" factor comes from with super-sampled bullshot images. It'd still be damn nice to have, though.

Suairyu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Those are from the games photomode. You'll be able to get a 8 megapixel image and possibly a 20 megapixel image.
I both hate and love photomodes in games. Love because I like creating awesome looking shots for wallpapers and whatnot, hate because developers get to release photomode shots as "ingame" screenshots. They technically are, I suppose, but even going in knowing the real-time game won't look that good, you can't help but being that slight bit disappointed.

commedieu

Banned
chubigans said:

myloot.jpg

:lol

Suairyu said:
I both hate and love photomodes in games. Love because I like creating awesome looking shots for wallpapers and whatnot, hate because developers get to release photomode shots as "ingame" screenshots. They technically are, I suppose, but even going in knowing the real-time game won't look that good, you can't help but being that slight bit disappointed.

I don't see a problem with them as long as the enhancements are limited to resolution and AA.

Firewire

Banned
commedieu said:
How does the shifter feel? The 6spd one? G25's feels like thin thin plastic, feels cheap... Did they improve?

The shifter feels more sturdy and smooth than the G25's. Also I haven't had one miss shift on the G27 which I felt was a problem with the G25's shifter. The wheel overall is a nice improvement on the G25. The FF is stronger and a bit less noisy, wheel rotation is smoother, the paddle shifting is a big improvement over the G25 and having adjustable pedals is full of win. I'm not missing the sequential shifter at all either which I thought would be a major problem for me.

I prefer using my G27 over my G25 now.

commedieu

Banned
Firewire said:
The shifter feels more sturdy and smooth than the G25's. Also I haven't had one miss shift on the G27 which I felt was a problem with the G25's shifter. The wheel overall is a nice improvement on the G25. The FF is stronger and a bit less noisy, wheel rotation is smoother, the paddle shifting is a big improvement over the G25 and having adjustable pedals is full of win. I'm not missing the sequential shifter at all either which I thought would be a major problem for me.

I prefer using my G27 over my G25 now.

Yeah that was a huge problem with the g25, missing shifts all the time. So much to where it just wasn't an accurate representation of my abilities and or timing. I was also just turned off by the plastic. I really wanted to take it out and fill it with rubber cement or something. I felt if it was a bit sturdier, the gate seemed to work fine, but it just seemed too lightweight.

Well damn, I really didn't want to buy a G27 because I figured it was barely an upgrade over the g25, i'll definitely have to give it a shot. I liked the feedback, but the DFPRO seemed to have more accurate feedback, well more detailed? If it was a case of an image, the DFPRO had a higher resolution than the G25, but the G25 was bolder with the FBB, it felt stronger.

Well, plenty of time to try out several wheels and do detailed month long writeups till gt5 ships.

Thanks for the response.

lherre

Accurate
Well people, you want to kill me after this but ... the demo has damage ... only "cosmetic" damage (nothing like WRC) but has ... no kidding ... I have to see the replay and try to take a picture of this.

Firewire

Banned
lherre said:
Well people, you want to kill me after this but ... the demo has damage ... only "cosmetic" damage (nothing like WRC) but has ... no kidding ... I have to see the replay and try to take a picture of this.

Oh God yes, pic's please!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Well the question is how is the under the hood performance damage. We knew it would be visually light cosmetic on some cars and no Burnout.

commedieu

Banned
lherre said:

LOL dude, no one wants to kill YOU..

You can understand though right? I'm dying to play this thing. You're a really lucky person in my book. But you can just imagine if someone had what you had, the demo, and was a big fan of the series? All we have is incomplete news for the series, and videos of people that don't seem to enjoy racing sims playing this game.

I'd be falling overmyself to do HD captures of everything for the forum/gran turismo community, but thats because Im a diehard fan. I don't mean anything negative towards you at all. Seriously, Thank you so much for sharing the information that you've done.But this just seems to always be what happens with GT, its in the hands of the people that haven't loved it for a decade.

Thank you for all the information.

orson_welles.gif

Top Bottom