• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

lherre

Accurate
SolidSnakex said:
It's just scratches.

Yes but a bit more than scratches, the "trunk" (I don't know if its correct) is opened

I know the quality is horrible, but I did a "super zoom" on the tv

P1000147.jpg

You can see the differences between the two

P1000151.jpg

P1000150.jpg

spwolf

lherre said:
Yes but a bit more than scratches, the "trunk" (I don't know if its correct) is opened

P1000147.jpg

You can see the differences between the two

P1000151.jpg

P1000150.jpg

hood? cool.

but one hint - damage is the least thing we care about here ;-)

lherre

Accurate
I'm not sure about the behaviour of the car, I think the damage afected it, because the direction works worst (or maybe my imagination) and the aerodinamic of the car is affected too (the car sometimes when was very damage try to "fly", the front wheels lost the ground).

I don't know how to explain it, better a picture, the car did this

hurst_hemi_under_glass-01.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
lherre said:
I'm not sure about the behaviour of the car, I think the damage afected it, because the direction works worst (or maybe my imagination) and the aerodinamic of the car is affected too (the car sometimes when was very damage try to "fly", the front wheels lost the ground).

I don't know how to explain it, better a picture, the car did this

hurst_hemi_under_glass-01.jpg

Well that sounds better. Will it steer left/right by itself if you do damage to one side? Will the top speed and acceleration be changed?

Goldrusher

lherre said:

[pics]

Good stuff, thanks for sharing !

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
commedieu said:
LOL dude, no one wants to kill YOU..

You can understand though right? I'm dying to play this thing. You're a really lucky person in my book. But you can just imagine if someone had what you had, the demo, and was a big fan of the series? All we have is incomplete news for the series, and videos of people that don't seem to enjoy racing sims playing this game.

I'd be falling overmyself to do HD captures of everything for the forum/gran turismo community, but thats because Im a diehard fan. I don't mean anything negative towards you at all. Seriously, Thank you so much for sharing the information that you've done.But this just seems to always be what happens with GT, its in the hands of the people that haven't loved it for a decade.

Thank you for all the information.

orson_welles.gif

You're such a nice guy!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dibbz said:
Doesn't look like damage. Looks more like the reflections are stretching weirdly over the bonnet.

I think the hood is separated from the bumper a bit more. Maybe that's what he meant? That's all I see.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So the damage is mostly cosmetic, like in PGR? And the realistic sim damage will indeed be limited to the race cars?

Fail, I might reconsider my Fanatec wheel order...

commedieu

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
So the damage is mostly cosmetic, like in PGR? And the realistic sim damage will indeed be limited to the race cars?

because you are counting on GT being a damage simulator? Not a driving one?

twinturbo2 said:

It's been known for a long time that the racing cars will have the most extensive damage modeling because they have the most extensive car modeling.

twinturbo2 said:

Is it because the Fanatec simulates damage and that would feel out of synch?

twinturbo2 said:
If it's a simulator, then it should simulate crashing. You know, so you don't play bumper cars to win.

Erm... what? Mechanical damage is confirmed. And that's really the only kind of damage that matters.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
torontoml said:
All cars will receive realistic mechanical damage, the other stuff is just icing.
Allright, I'm back onboard. I just think the cosmetic damage looks a little winky at this point in time.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It looks nice, seriously.

When's the demo coming out? I missed out on the time trial. They're going to have an official demo before the game releases, right?

Iknos

twinturbo2 said:

If you are looking for an ultimate sim game you aren't going to find one. This game is going to have so many other things going for it that if it does lack cosmetic damage it shouldn't mean much. This game will be very deserving of a good wheel and very deserving of your playtime.

As people said the more important factor of hindered performance is the thing that will stop players from playing bumper cars as it has in other titles. According to lherre's post it looks like the car's aerodynamics has been affected so you can rest easy.

Yoboman

Opus Angelorum said:
All this talk of damage, weather, night racing and the trees still look abhorrent.
Yeah trees are more important than things that matter. What the fuck are you idiots doing talking about night racing. Let's talk about trees!

Melfice7

Opus Angelorum said:
There is no excuse for a game that takes so long to develop, none whatsoever.

that is nonsense, just because a game takes 5 years to develop you expect it to be perfect? especially on things that dont affect the purpose of said game? :lol

Iknos

Opus Angelorum said:

They are low poly but still look more realistic than most other games IMO.

If it means constant 60fps with no tearing I'm all for it.

jhenedo

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:

Yeah, that's why all the cliche -movie -based/vapor ware games are played and loved by everyone. games like ocarina of time weren't made in a day you know.

Melfice7 said:
...you expect it to be perfect?

No, but of a quality that warrants the high regard the franchise is held in.

As a Gran Turismo fan (believe it or not), it's frustrating to see talk of exciting features when there are fundamental problems that have yet to be addressed. And that is not just specific to enviromental objects.

Andvary

Opus Angelorum said:

As a Gran Turismo fan (believe it or not), it's frustrating to see talk of exciting features when there are fundamental problems that have yet to be addressed. And that is not just specific to enviromental objects.

:lol trees? fucking trees?

spoon!

Personally, the detail of the trees is quite low on the list of the things that I'm going to be examining while doing an average of 190kph around nordschleife, but that might just be me.

Opus Angelorum said:
I should have realised by now, entering a Gran Turismo thread and highlighting negative points will always prove fruitless.

People are negative toward your criticism because your criticism is about trees...in a racing game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Opus Angelorum said:

This post is sarcasm, right?

You're complaining about talk of exciting racing features when there are fundamental problems with trees? What? :lol You've got it assbackwards. You could complain about people fapping over awesome looking trees if there were fundamental problems with the racing.

Also, I don't think GT is highly regarded for its trees.

This post reeks of sarcasm, unintended or otherwise.

edit - and I for one see your problem with the trees, they do look poor, but the way you talk about it in this post...:lol

Top Bottom